Gone Travelin'

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Gone Travelin'

Post by Shadowpaw »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give a life update and provide some details about what I'm up to. I recently resigned from my job (on April 1, of course, because I want to continue my tradition of making big announcements on April Fools day!), and I'm about to set out to travel the world in the coming weeks for an indefinite period of time (at least a year... hopefully forever?). The first 400 days of this adventure, I'm calling my "Contiki Odyssey" which has obvious ties to my former life here. Contiki is a travel company that offers tours for 18 - 35 year old's around the world, and I thought it would be an amazing challenge to do as many of them as I can around the planet.

And so, here I am, putting all of my possessions up for sale and only keeping what I can fit into a backpack. I'm going to do my best to turn my passion for travel into a career by posting videos on YouTube and sharing my stories. I'd love it if you guys would join me on the journey!

Shadowpaw's Contiki Odyssey
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Subscribed. \:D/ I’m looking forward to watching your travels.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This sounds like an awesome adventure, and I hope you have lots of fun! I'm planning to watch your videos (no promises on remembering to do it right away) :anxious: and hope you sneak an AIO quote or title reference or something in there for a few of us to enjoy now and then! (The title of this thread makes me think that is a distinct possibility!)

Safe travels!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Thanks for the sub!

And I'm already thinking there's quite a few album titles that will go nicely with the trip ("A Passport to Adventure", "Wish You Were Here", "Days to Remember" etc...). So yes, I'm sure I'll squeeze in some references for thetoo crew. ;)
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

That sounds amazing! I hope I will someday be able to do something like this. I can't even imagine what it will be like!

Thanks for sharing and God bless you on this amazing journey!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Just started watching this, it looks really awesome!
Let us know when you get back!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Awesome, Shadowpaw! Living the dream. All the best wherever your adventures take you! :D
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I've been watching some of the videos, and it seems like you're immensely enjoying the journey. :D
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY