Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, good for you! That's a lot of hard work to look back on and be proud of. :D

I spent the day with my family to celebrate a family birthday, so that was fun!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I had the privilege of eating with OdysseyFan for breakfast this morning on his way home from good ole 80995.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fun! That sounds like an excellent way to connect with a fellow AIO fan! :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So life has been really busy this year...we're moving next week, have been fixing up the new house the last month, we now have 3 boys 3 and under, and it's like a hurricane has gone through our house every day. Woot! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, craziness! :mad: I hope you're fitting a little sleep in there somewhere! All the best with your move. :D
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Anna><> wrote:Wow, life is so confusing lately. I can't even think straight. I think I need to go back to the time when all I did was study and have no social life... I think I'm going to have to quit texting people unless they text me first. Honestly I need a break from everything going on right now and texting makes it so my life continues on the weekend. Stupid cell phones. I need some time to just refocus and get used to everything. I think as of today I'm going to quit facebook and texting arbitrarily. I hope it helps. There's too much going on.
I made this post in 2008. 11 years later and I feel the same way hahaha. Some things never change.

Life update while I'm here. I'm an engineer now, been working at the same firm for almost 4 years. I've somehow become super outdoorsy and am into rock climbing, mountain biking and hiking. I also still feel like I'm on my cell phone too much and am considering reverting to a flip phone... but after reading this post, would that even help? Apparently I texted too much in 2008 on my fancy LG shine flip phone.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, isn't it funny that no matter how much life changes, some things stay the same? It's awesome to see you around, Anna! Congrats on being an engineer!

The people I know who have stayed with/reverted back to flip phones have all been happy. I know that's a small sample size, but still. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

well since my last update, I had the time of my life in madrid. cheap food, amazing drinks, beautiful sights, loads of traveling to the surrounding cities/towns. went on trips to valencia, lisboa, porto (two times since i fell in love \:D/), venice, verona, and tenerife (perhaps the prettiest place in the world :inlove:) coming back was so hard, and now after the holidays it's back to the uni grind. last year though \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, it sounds like you had an amazing adventure, Marvin! :D Awesome! All the best with your return to university. I know it can be hard to return after a fun summer.

I've been having fun with my two little nieces lately. They're enough to keep me busy, not to mention adding work in there. ;) It's fun to see how those little minds work. My two-year-old niece, when asked who's going to clean up the mess she's leaving behind to dump the toys out of the next bin or puzzle box, will point to a nearby adult. Nope! Nice try, kiddo. ;) I usually do a "you put away a toy, I put away a toy" system with her, except sometimes I make it too much fun and she dumps everything out so we can put it all away again! :lol:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Haha, that's funny! I'm still trying to teach my boys the whole cleaning up after yourself concept, as well.

We are all moved in to our new place and ALMOST all of the boxes are unpacked. My two oldest boys are talking more and more, as well as starting to sing parts of songs. It's interesting to see which ones they seem to pick up.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! I'm glad you're moved in. I'm sure that was a huge task with little ones around. Your boys must be so cute singing together. Do they like action songs? :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I haven't done many of those with them, but they've seen some on videos and will clap their hands etc along with them sometimes. Their favorites are Old MacDonald, Jesus Loves Me, and Happy Birthday. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! My niece loves Old MacDonald too and kind of sings it to herself. It's barely recognizable, but as a loving auntie, it sounds beautiful to me. ;)

I've been keeping busy with work, and finding time for some reading, crossword puzzles, friends, and family. It's amazing how fast time flies by! The most interesting part of my day was walking down the street to get my mail and hearing two people yell at each other on the sidewalk before parting ways. Classy. :roll: (I live in a safe neighbourhood. No need to worry about me too much.) ;)
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wow, it's been a long time since I have haunted TheToO, but for some reason I had a flash back to when I was in elementary school spending time on the AIOWiki and TheToO. These were the two platforms that combined my love for Odyssey with a budding desire to learn about computers. I am still thankful for my experiences on both even as I am sitting during my last hours of my work day. Since I was last here - I have moved to a different state and work as a Cyber Security Engineer. The biggest changes though are a) I have a true personal relationship with God and b) I got married on October 4th. Spent a lovely honeymoon in Salzburg, Austria. I am thankful for all that God has given me and also this community for starting my skills and career in IT.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey SWA! Thanks for dropping by and letting us know what you've been up to. It sounds like you've had lots of good things going on in your life. Congratulations on your recent wedding! :D

I went to a used book sale that benefits a local charity with a couple of friends today, and I found lots of Winnie the Pooh books for my niece, so that was awesome. It doesn't sound too exciting after SWA's life update, but hey, Pooh is still great. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I found this at the park the other day, I dunno I might keep it if no one else claims it. It likes to say "poop" a lot which is a plus. \:D/

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ahhh! :inlove: She's so adorable! What a beautiful smile. She clearly takes after her mother in looks and her father in vocabulary. :yes:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Top Crusader wrote:I found this at the park the other day, I dunno I might keep it if no one else claims it. It likes to say "poop" a lot which is a plus. \:D/

ew children :noway:

i mean, cute kid, Top \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
caitbuggy
Lurker

Post by caitbuggy »

Coronavirus brought me back to the Town of Odyssey :-k Funny how things work. I missed y'all.

I had deleted my account a couple of years ago because I had plans for suicide and was just trying to erase all of my tracks. God had different plans for me ♥

In 121 days, I am getting married! \:D/ We have plans of moving to Haiti where he grew up to work on the mission field.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Welcome back! It's amazing how God works. Congratulations to you both.
ImageImageImage
logos linked