Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Catspaw wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 pm Radgeek, that's awesome! I hope everything goes well with your license. Is there any way to watch your church online, or maybe attend a different closer church temporarily if you want to attend in person? That wouldn't be the same as attending your usual church but might be better than nothing.
I am live streaming but it isn't the same.

My sister-in-law is moving and won't be taking my grandmother-in-law with her to her new place. Since I've done end of life care and have the most medical training of anyone in the family, my mother-in-law wants to take her in but at this time, Sir and I only have a studio. So we have about a month to look for a 2 bedroom apartment and hoping to not pay that much more than we do for a studio. God needs to work here.

Also, my pharmacy is giving the shot now so every day is just dealing with a mass sea of people.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

radgeek wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:45 am
Catspaw wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 pm Radgeek, that's awesome! I hope everything goes well with your license. Is there any way to watch your church online, or maybe attend a different closer church temporarily if you want to attend in person? That wouldn't be the same as attending your usual church but might be better than nothing.
I am live streaming but it isn't the same.

My sister-in-law is moving and won't be taking my grandmother-in-law with her to her new place. Since I've done end of life care and have the most medical training of anyone in the family, my mother-in-law wants to take her in but at this time, Sir and I only have a studio. So we have about a month to look for a 2 bedroom apartment and hoping to not pay that much more than we do for a studio. God needs to work here.

Also, my pharmacy is giving the shot now so every day is just dealing with a mass sea of people.
Yes, online can't replace in-person church, that's for sure. It's better than nothing.

I hope things work out with your family and work stuff. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I'll be praying that God provides a place for you. Your willingness to help is amazing.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

My life is about to make a drastic change. In June I will be starting a new job adventure. After serving at Caseys for nearly 5 years, I have been offered a cashier position at Walmart. I'm sure I will have several challenges ahead. But, I have yet to see God fail me in any way pertaining to work and I am looking forward to seeing where this new path of life takes me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, congrats on your new job Bren! I hope that you enjoy it. I was a cashier in a grocery store for over a decade (while doing some other stuff too) and I miss it sometimes. I can easily see you blessing each customer with good service and a friendly smile!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Thanks Catspaw. Yesterday was my last day with Casey's. Now I'm on me time til May 31st at 2pm.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Enjoy your week off, Bren! I'm sure some time to relax and recharge will be helpful before you start your new job.

I've mostly just been working and watching hockey lately. Woohoo! I love the playoffs. Four games a day? Bring it on!
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

We found a place and have moved in but it's super inconvenient for me without driving. I'm much closer to church and my landlady also goes so getting rides is so much easier. It also is a bit cheaper than our last place.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad you found a place closer to church with a nice landlady, radgeek. Are you still looking for a better solution or is this going to serve your needs for now?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

After being with Walmart for a little over 4 months, I was informed on the 14th that I had officially been made full time. I am so thankful to have found a new place to work that in some ways still feels like a family. It means a lot to be given this blessing in such a short amount of time.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great! Congratulations Bren. They are lucky to have you. :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's great, Bren... do you like it better than Casey's?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

So far, Walmart is much less stressful than Casey's. However, I still gotta survive the holiday season.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Most of the time I don't miss working in a grocery store, and I don't miss knowing that I'll probably work past the time my family wants to gather for Christmas Eve. What I do miss is the hustle and bustle and telling so many people Merry Christmas. There were moments of joy in all the chaos. That's what I hope you experience at work this Christmas season, Bren. :hug:

Today I was looking at some of my Christmas ornaments from my grandma and missing her. She was sick last Christmas and I was sending her cheerful messages every day about how I was using the Christmas decorations and tea towels and other gifts she had given me over the years. This year she's in heaven and I'm glad she isn't suffering, but I wasn't expecting seeing my Christmas things to make me sad this year. Memories are funny thing sometimes.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hugs to you as you navigate Christmas without your grandma, Catspaw. :hug:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks AE. I'm thankful for so many years of good memories with her. I think I was caught offguard by how the sad feelings came back with my Christmas decorations.

I put up the rest of my Christmas decorations today (other than my Nativity scene, which I decided to save for the first Sunday of advent) and I am currently enjoying the cheerful lights from my tree. It's a small artificial tree but because of how my living room window and furniture are placed, I just put it on a little table and it isn't obvious that I don't have a full tree, without all the hassle and space taken up by a big tree. \:D/

It's Saturday night, so like most good Canadians, I am watching Hockey Night in Canada at the moment. I keep a book handy to read while I watch.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My Granny passed away 2 weeks ago, so this will be my first Christmas without her as well...and we have celebrated together every year for most of my life. So I have a feeling there will be some sad moments this year when I go home for Christmas. I'm sorry you are experiencing that, too, Catspaw. :hug:

I lost our 5th baby 3 weeks ago, as well, so this has been a tough autumn. Thankful for God's comfort and strength.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:25 pm My Granny passed away 2 weeks ago, so this will be my first Christmas without her as well...and we have celebrated together every year for most of my life. So I have a feeling there will be some sad moments this year when I go home for Christmas. I'm sorry you are experiencing that, too, Catspaw. :hug:

I lost our 5th baby 3 weeks ago, as well, so this has been a tough autumn. Thankful for God's comfort and strength.
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny and your baby as well, Laura. It sounds like such a difficult last month or so. I know your Granny was very special to you, and to so many others as well. I'll be praying for you and your family. :hug: I hope you find joy this Christmas amidst the sorrow.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Hi friends! Sorry I haven't been super active lately. I changed jobs back in August (actually went back to a previous job), and life's been pretty hectic since then. I work in the food and beverage/sports and entertainment industry, and things have been running nonstop since stadiums and arenas started opening back up. Now that college football is almost wrapped up for the season, I'm looking forward to having a little more time to breathe during the holidays. 🎄
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, it sounds like you've been really busy, @ByeByeBrownie. Thanks for coming by the ToO! Are you glad you went back to your old job? I hope you've been enjoying your work.

I'm just happy to have internet access to post - my internet mysteriously went down on Monday and when I couldn't fix it with my extremely limited skills, I was so frustrated with all the unplugging and replugging etc. that I just hoped the issue would resolve itself by the next day. Surprise - it didn't. :shock: After over an hour on the phone with multiple levels of tech support, they determined they need to send a person to me to fix my internet. It took a few days to have a time that worked for them and for me. I was very thankful for data on my phone, and also to have everything fixed now! :yes:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wow, Catspaw, sorry to hear about the connectivity difficulties. I'm glad you did have a backup connection. At least the ToO isn't your job that depends on the Internet connection. Within 10 minutes of the Internet connectivity dying as a result of my ISP, I would be on the phone with them.... And I have only broken my home network entirely, maybe once. I break DNS (name resolution, so effectively its breaking would "break" the Internet)way too often due to my customized ad blocking I do at home.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: