Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Hahaha, Ox, that's hilarious! I've never had a cat (allergic) but I've heard funny stories about them. Pets are pretty funny. Thanks for sharing!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:So, I have a /genius cat/. Her name is Sunshine, and she is a two years old. She recently had kittens, and decided to move them.

She moved them... to the roof. Of our porch. The porch roof is right outside the second floor windows, so one day my sister looked out and saw a kitten and Sunshine. On the roof. :-k My sister felt sorry for it, so she made a little bed with a roof for the kitten and mom so the kitten would stay dry. PHOTO PROOF:
The kitten is crawling up the crate, and her Mom is outside.
The next job will be keeping little "Sunrise" from falling /off/ the roof. =p
I want to know how a pregnant cat got up there!

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

TKD wrote:I want to know how a pregnant cat got up there!
Haha, she didn't, that I know of. But, then again, Sunshine is crazy so it wouldn't surprise me if she ran up onto the porch a few times while she was still pregnant. =p She actually had her kitten in the bottom of an unused chimney, that apparently the outside grate was broken into... But then moved her kitten a week or two after it was born.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Lookie lookie. This happened today.
=D

Being sick is boring so I've been doing word finds. =p
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:lol: Best word find ever, am I right? \:D/ Was that actually one of the words you were supposed to find, Kaida? (And also, I hope you feel better soon!)
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

It was! =) Only it was Cat's Paw on the list. =p

And thanks.
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Ah, a good example of life is Friday. I've been needing to take my car in to get it aligned, so after work I drove to the mechanics and asked for an alignment and inspection. I was wanting an inspection so I could repair anything major before I move out to Michigan. An inspection is free, the alignment is $75; no biggie, right? Well I call them after they finish the inspection and find out that a wheel hub bearing is shot and they can't do the alignment until it's fixed. To have them do it, it costs about $450. Normally I would buy the part ($50ish) and do the repair myself (with help from my dad or a friend). However, between my dad getting ready for the camp season, my getting ready to move, and my friend being bust with his family, not to mention it would be crazy difficult to do it without the special tools the mechanics have (namely a 20 ton press), it will be much easier to have them do it. So long story short (too late for that), A $75 alignment turned into a $525 repair...

I really can't complain too much though, I purchased the car 4 1/2 years ago for $3000 and it's now 14 years old. This is the most money I've had to spend on it other than normal maintenance and changing belts. :)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yep, I've been there! I'm glad you were able to get everything taken care of! It sounds like your car has been holding up pretty well, all things considered. My I definitely had a few unfortunate surprises on my previous car, though I was also driving a lot and it wasn't getting any younger. ;)

I had a nice chat on the phone with my sister this afternoon, which was great. Between both of our schedules, it doesn't happen as often as we would like.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Kaida wrote:Lookie lookie. This happened today.
=D

Being sick is boring so I've been doing word finds. =p
That's a pretty good quality picture o_0 If you took it with your phone...Then wow :anxious:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Brad wrote:Ah, a good example of life is Friday. I've been needing to take my car in to get it aligned, so after work I drove to the mechanics and asked for an alignment and inspection. I was wanting an inspection so I could repair anything major before I move out to Michigan. An inspection is free, the alignment is $75; no biggie, right? Well I call them after they finish the inspection and find out that a wheel hub bearing is shot and they can't do the alignment until it's fixed. To have them do it, it costs about $450. Normally I would buy the part ($50ish) and do the repair myself (with help from my dad or a friend). However, between my dad getting ready for the camp season, my getting ready to move, and my friend being bust with his family, not to mention it would be crazy difficult to do it without the special tools the mechanics have (namely a 20 ton press), it will be much easier to have them do it. So long story short (too late for that), A $75 alignment turned into a $525 repair...

I really can't complain too much though, I purchased the car 4 1/2 years ago for $3000 and it's now 14 years old. This is the most money I've had to spend on it other than normal maintenance and changing belts. :)
20 ton presses are fun.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I finally have my SATs taken care of. Image

For reward, my family is going to a local Highschool production of "The Sound of Music." \:D/ I'm really excited, and hoping it's not awful. :P
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Image
I finally have my SATs taken care of. Image

For reward, my family is going to a local Highschool production of "The Sound of Music." \:D/ I'm really excited, and hoping it's not awful. :P

Image Whooooo! Congrats! Image

Oooh nice reward! Hope it's great!
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I am now officially unemployed. Today was my last day of work! It's crazy to think that just a few days from now is the big travel day. This is probably the biggest thing I've ever done. It's crazy!!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congrats, Isaiah! Tell us if the production is good or terrible! ;)

Brad, how exciting! Make sure you let us know how everything goes with your big move!

I had a nice, relaxing day today. Watched a movie, watched some hockey....good times!
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Wow Brad, that's exciting... and scary too! God bless with all the moving and traveling! Yeah, and let us know how it goes. =)

Sound of Music was very good. ^__^ Everyone could sing, most of them acted pretty well, and all the kids were amazing. =0 Gretl was actually in 1st grade, yet she was one of the best actors there. ;) The sets and the (small) live orchestra were awesome too. :D Sound of Music is my Mom's favorite musical, and I saw her in tears a few times during the show. I guess that counts as a great Mother's Day gift too. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, that sounds very nice! I'm glad that it went well. It's one of my favourite musicals too. :D

My sister and brother-in-law were over for lunch and then a bit of a visit before they needed to head off to spend time with his mom. It was nice to be together for Mother's Day!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

So today is the big day! My car is packed to the hilt and I will be going on a 15 hour journey around 3 this afternoon! That said, prayers would be much appreciated as I will be traveling through the night by myself. I have cookies, AIO, and radio theatre audio books, not to mention lots of coffee! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sounds like you're all set for your epic journey! Let us know when you're safely there....which probably happened already! (But call your mother first.) :shame:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I quit my job. turns out there were things I misunderstood about this job, and also things I feel like I couldn't do well.

so now, I'm free.

until I find something that is a better fit.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Better to be job hunting than stuck in something that really isn't working out! I hope that the next thing you find is a better fit, Shennifer. Maybe now you know more of the questions to ask of them ahead of time. Job stuff is tough sometimes.