Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

What is life but a vapor? What is life but a speck in time? What is life but a... Oh! you want to know what I've been up to. Well I have been quite busy with work and going through a bunch of my stuff that I no longer need. Now I'm mainly cleaning up my stuff in preparation for an open-ended visit with my brother in Michigan!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I played Laser Tag (for the first time) with my youth group this week. It was really fun. \:D/ But I forgot to yell "Eat lasers pig!!" =/ #terribleAIOfan :p
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

@Ox that sounds fun, and though I've never done that, my little brother went and did that for his birthday a week or two ago and I asked him when he got back and was explaining it if he ever said "EAT LASERS PIG" but he hadn't :P
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've had a fun weekend! Saturday night I went to a surprise birthday party for my cousin that was also a murder mystery dinner party, so that was tons of fun! \:D/ Then tonight I got together with a group of people I used to work with, and we had such a great time catching up and laughing! It felt like old times, except better, because we weren't at work. ;) Good times.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

So here's the story, it was pretty much a normal Friday at the hardware store. I was working my shift, 11-7. When all of a sudden, around closing time, this gorgeous girl (I can say that, she's my sister ;p) walks in. I do a double take, "what are you doing here?" I ask her. She hands me a bag with a change of clothes in it. "We're going on a birthday adventure," she replies. The long and short of it is, we went to the drive in movie theater and watched Jungle Book and Zootopia!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@Brad: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT =O That sounds awesome! I've always wanted to go to a drive in theater! I also want to see the Jungle Book.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

snubs wrote:@Brad: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT =O That sounds awesome! I've always wanted to go to a drive in theater! I also want to see the Jungle Book.
Oh it was. I definitely recommend drive in theaters and the Jungle Book! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Life has been crazy. But the perks have been: lately I've had some good heart to heart talks with long-time acquaintances who are fast becoming dear friends. I have an out of town friend who has been planning to stay with me in May...and she just found out she can probably stay a few extra days (more than six hours)! My church family is taking and praying through extra steps to do more reaching out to people we meet each day, so that's super exciting. :):) I made some new young adult writer friends and some of us are starting to get together for board game nights and such. I joined a small Bible study group...and I'm getting to take a mini-vacation this week when we go out of town for something. That seems like the weirdest summation of my life, but hey. \:D/

Catspaw, your dinner murder party sounds awesome. My sister has hopes of planning one this summer. Was it 20s and elegant...or some other theme?

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DJ wrote:So here's the story, it was pretty much a normal Friday at the hardware store. I was working my shift, 11-7. When all of a sudden, around closing time, this gorgeous girl (I can say that, she's my sister ;p) walks in. I do a double take, "what are you doing here?" I ask her. She hands me a bag with a change of clothes in it. "We're going on a birthday adventure," she replies. The long and short of it is, we went to the drive in movie theater and watched Jungle Book and Zootopia!
That's so fun! A birthday adventure sounds like a great surprise. :D
The Kings Daughter wrote: Catspaw, your dinner murder party sounds awesome. My sister has hopes of planning one this summer. Was it 20s and elegant...or some other theme?
It was quite awesome! My cousin's wife wrote the plot and everything herself, so she tailored it to stuff that she and her husband like, plus stuff that would work with the people attending. She borrowed characters from Clue (Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlett, Mrs. White, Mrs. Peacock, Professor Plum, and Mr. Green became Dr. Green), and also used Poirot, plus Miss Lemon from Agatha Christie (which was me, and I was told that I did a good job with the character, which is only thanks to the description I was given, since I've never watched or read anything with her in it), plus a generic maid character. Costumes were supposed to match the character, or at least as close as we could get. ;)

I was so happy to get an e-mail from an old friend today! We were best friends from the ages of 4-10, but then we both moved and saw each other rarely. We actually wrote and visited each other quite faithfully for many years, but we eventually drifted further apart. We hadn't been in contact for a couple of years, but she told me that her dad brought her an old desk and she found an Odyssey tape in it and thought of me! It's so great to get a chance to catch up.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Catsville wrote:I was so happy to get an e-mail from an old friend today! We were best friends from the ages of 4-10, but then we both moved and saw each other rarely. We actually wrote and visited each other quite faithfully for many years, but we eventually drifted further apart. We hadn't been in contact for a couple of years, but she told me that her dad brought her an old desk and she found an Odyssey tape in it and thought of me! It's so great to get a chance to catch up.
And all thanks to Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ Wow! xD That's pretty awesome, Catspaw.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm on my second real week of work! It's not so bad. I still need to figure out a way to get everyone to listen, because there are always a few who don't.

Till the end of the line.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Shennifer wrote:I'm on my second real week of work! It's not so bad. I still need to figure out a way to get everyone to listen, because there are always a few who don't.
You work with kids, right?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

EKairi wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I'm on my second real week of work! It's not so bad. I still need to figure out a way to get everyone to listen, because there are always a few who don't.
You work with kids, right?
no I work with talking monkeys

yes I work with kids

Till the end of the line.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

The sarcasm is strong with this one.

Tell them what listening is. Show them what you expect.. Quiet hands, eyes on you. Not only listening with their ears but with their body.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

For some reason I thought of this for you, Shennifer. \:D/
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

So, I have a /genius cat/. Her name is Sunshine, and she is a two years old. She recently had kittens, and decided to move them.

She moved them... to the roof. Of our porch. The porch roof is right outside the second floor windows, so one day my sister looked out and saw a kitten and Sunshine. On the roof. :-k My sister felt sorry for it, so she made a little bed with a roof for the kitten and mom so the kitten would stay dry. PHOTO PROOF:
The kitten is crawling up the crate, and her Mom is outside.
The next job will be keeping little "Sunrise" from falling /off/ the roof. =p
Countess

Post by Countess »

HOW DID SHE GET THEM UP THERE? O_O

#mostimportantdetailmissed
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

there's lattice and a vine on the porch columns, so she uses that to climb up. I don't know exactly how she got the kitten up there, but cats are very talented. :yes: They can use their mouths to hold things. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, cats are so crazy sometimes! :lol: Thanks for sharing a picture, Isaiah. When I was a kid our cat had kittens and moved them into the closet...right on top of my mom's wedding dress train that was on the floor! Moving them away led to her just moving them all back, so they got to stay there. Cats know how to get what they want! ;)
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

hahahahaha xD Cats. We tried moving some kittens one time too, because they were in the way of farm equipment, but the Mom also moved them back. Apparently mother cats don't like being told where to keep their kittens. :P