Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, you have an early Christmas break! Or is that just for American Thanksgiving?

I have spent all week coughing, thanks to a cold that doesn't want to let go, but fortunately, the plans I was supposed to have all day today were cancelled in no part due to me or my illness, so I've spent the day doing very little of use. \;D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

One week away from my wedding! :mad: (to be more precise, 160 hours, 31 minutes, and 30 seconds) Crunch time - there is much to do in the ensuing days. Exciting times! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, so soon! Craziness! \:D/ I hope that everything goes really smoothly for you as you sort out all the last-minute details and get ready for your big day! \:D/ I'm so happy for you! :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

How did I not know you're getting married? o_0
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Maybe because you skipped over my Laura Ingalls Wilder thread. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

As it turns out, we won't be moving to our newly purchased house because of unforeseen problems. We have more time in our original home, thankfully, till we find a rental somewhere as a temporary home until we can sell the new house and look for another one

one of life's curveballs I guess

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh dear, that sounds like it could be complicated! I hope that all those details work out as well as they can. :)

I got to enjoy a little bit of snow today! Not a lot, but it was kind of nice to see a bit of white out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I can't believe you're almost to your wedding Laura! That's so exciting. ^_^

Mm. Life. Life changes very quickly. Last week my Daddy passed away unexpectedly. It's been a long week. One of my first thoughts was that he was giving Lisa a hug for me. That's the type of person he is. It's been a really long week. Services were long...visitation went two hours over because of so many people...funeral was good but exhausting. Right now just trying to do life and finally rest and get some introvert time.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

:hug:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Praying for you. Its strange how fast time goes...
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I can't believe you're almost to your wedding Laura! That's so exciting. ^_^

Mm. Life. Life changes very quickly. Last week my Daddy passed away unexpectedly. It's been a long week. One of my first thoughts was that he was giving Lisa a hug for me. That's the type of person he is. It's been a really long week. Services were long...visitation went two hours over because of so many people...funeral was good but exhausting. Right now just trying to do life and finally rest and get some introvert time.
I am so very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I can't believe you're almost to your wedding Laura! That's so exciting. ^_^

I'm so sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences and prayers go to you and your family. The thought of your dad and Lisa hugging (and maybe sharing funny stories about you!) is one to hang on to. :)
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Catspaw wrote:Wow, you have an early Christmas break! Or is that just for American Thanksgiving?
Our break starts the day before American Thanksgiving and goes until the 1st Monday in January. It is our main school break since we school through summer. Homeschool schedules are very flexible :P
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lizzy88 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Wow, you have an early Christmas break! Or is that just for American Thanksgiving?
Our break starts the day before American Thanksgiving and goes until the 1st Monday in January. It is our main school break since we school through summer. Homeschool schedules are very flexible :P
No kidding! Hey, whatever works. There are lots of advantages of not having the exact same schedule as everybody else!

I had a crazy start to my day today, when I woke up and realized that it was an hour after my alarm would have gone off and that I should already by on the way to work, not just barely waking up! :mad: I hurried like crazy and just made it (well, much later than I prefer, but one minute earlier than technically being late) so that was okay, but I don't want to do that too often! I took nighttime cold medication later than I usually would, because I was trying not to take anything but I kept coughing and couldn't sleep, so I finally did take something, so that might not have helped.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Really sorry to hear that, TKD. :( Continental Admiral/Baragon/Jessica's father passed away very unexpectedly a year and a half ago and the next week was the toughest thing we ever had to go through.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Thank you guys ♥ :hug:
:/ I'm sorry. Yes...that first week is...extremely tough.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Well, after a long period of unwanted events, I finally had some time to relax and take a breather...

But my foot got stepped on in soccer by a boy in soccer cleats and is broken :C I am already not appreciating the crutches experience. My arms are not used to this kind of stress o_o
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh no! A broken foot sounds very unpleasant. I hope that you get used to the crutches quickly and that you heal quickly, Caitie!

I feel like I'm busy all the time! It's mostly good stuff, like work and friends and church, but it feels like the time just slips away!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well hello from South Africa, everyone \:D/

I haven't logged on here in forever, it seems like. I'm currently taking a gap year before starting college next fall. I spent this week in London, before continuing on to Cape Town, South Africa yesterday. I'll be here for the next few months living with a local family, doing mission outreach work, and experiencing the culture/exploring the country. It's pretty amazing so far, and I've only been here a day! :)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

That sounds pretty cool, Jesus' Princess! \:D/

My life has been swamped with school >_> That's about it.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: