Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I start my senior year of high school tomorrow.... :bolt: It feels weird, but a good kind of weird \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Tomorrow I leave for college....six hours away from home. I'm excited and nervous, but I'm looking forward to how God works in my life these next few months. :D
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Sapphire wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:Happy birfday, Ms. Shennifer \:D/
Thanks, Marv ;)
Happy birthday! :hug:

I just finished my second week of college! It's a lot of work, but I love it. My professors are awesome; I'm making friends; and I am learning so much. \:D/
That's so great Sapphire! :) Did you move away to school, or are you close to home?
I am staying at home and commuting to school. I was really nervous about it at first because it can be hard for commuters to make friendships, but I have been making friends since day one. So, I am very happy!
Yeah, I have heard the same thing (as I am living off-campus but not at home), but like the first class a girl I was sitting next too has like 3 classes with me so we exchanged phone numbers if we need help in those classes. That is the only "friend" I have made but one of my best friends from high school is also going here and I still talk to the group of friends she comes from on a nightly basis. I am satisfied with that because I am an introvert and I am here to go to school to socialize...but that is just me.

FYI: The church I found is OdysseyFan1's home church (in fact his dad is the pastor). I realize he hasn't been on here in forever but I figured someone might remember him.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:Happy birfday, Ms. Shennifer \:D/
Thanks, Marv ;)
Happy birthday! :hug:

I just finished my second week of college! It's a lot of work, but I love it. My professors are awesome; I'm making friends; and I am learning so much. \:D/
That's so great Sapphire! :) Did you move away to school, or are you close to home?
I am staying at home and commuting to school. I was really nervous about it at first because it can be hard for commuters to make friendships, but I have been making friends since day one. So, I am very happy!
Yeah, I have heard the same thing (as I am living off-campus but not at home), but like the first class a girl I was sitting next too has like 3 classes with me so we exchanged phone numbers if we need help in those classes. That is the only "friend" I have made but one of my best friends from high school is also going here and I still talk to the group of friends she comes from on a nightly basis. I am satisfied with that because I am an introvert and I am here to go to school to socialize...but that is just me.

FYI: The church I found is OdysseyFan1's home church (in fact his dad is the pastor). I realize he hasn't been on here in forever but I figured someone might remember him.
This probably comes a bit late for most of you, but university orientation is an amazing way to make new friends and to get to know your campus, whether you go as a new student or as a volunteer. I was an orientation volunteer this year after having such a great time as an attendee (I made friends!), and I met lots of awesome new people and learned more about my campus than I ever knew existed. If any of you guys have orientation sessions that run through the rest of the week, find the info/registration tent for the event and you should be able to join right in on the festivities, even if you're late in the day or you haven't pre-registered. If not, well, you should definitely consider volunteering for your school's orientation next year. \:D/

Oh, and if you're a returning student who wants to hop the orientation bandwagon a little late in the game, that's totally cool too. Not only is it super common for second years to join in on orientation, I even had a grad student in my group who randomly decided to do orientation just to get a better feel of the school. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to a teahouse/restaurant with my mom and my sister today, which was fun. We had yummy food and even yummier desserts, plus there was a wedding happening there, so we got to see the bride and groom get their picture taken in front of the pgymy goats that they have in a little outside area, so that was something unexpected. ;) We also exercised our sense of adventure, since my mother decided to go with her vague memories from a previous time we had been to this place (several years ago, and we got lost) instead of my Google directions, at a certain point. She kept saying things like, "I'm pretty sure this is the way we went last time," and I'm thinking (but not saying), "We got lost last time, and if you had followed my directions, we wouldn't need to go based off of your memory." Oh well. We only got a little turned around and made it there relatively unscathed, which is what matters in the long run. Next time when we decide who should drive, I think I will make sure to insist that it is my turn. ;) (This is probably a guarantee that I will get lost or do something terrible the next time that I drive my mother and myself anywhere, but oh well.) ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*bump*

Yesterday, there were room checks, which means we have to clean our dorm rooms. That wasn't too bad, I actually gave myself enough time to do it.

Till the end of the line.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I have so much on my plate \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had such a fun evening with a couple of friends! We went to a dinner theatre thing that none of us had been to before, and it was very well done and we enjoyed it a lot. We were all really glad we had gone.

I was also happy because the trip to the dinner theatre brought me very near a gas station that was a few cents a litre cheaper than the ones I normally go to, so I also saved money. Woohoo! \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Hello, everyone! It's been quite a while. My life has been consumed with school and work. This week was full of midterms and essays. Thankfully, it's now over, and I have a week long fall break. Overall, college is going great. I am very tired yet very happy.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Wow, where to start?

I guess I should start off by saying, hey! It's been a while! Life has been crazy lately! This summer was spent at a Bible camp in Missouri. I went home to spend time with my family for a couple weeks before my brother an I drove out here to Michigan. Now I am attending a small, non-accredited Bible college. I am a student alongside 13 others while my brother is on staff. While I only knew about half of the other students, we are now great friends. (It amazing how being fellow Believers makes strangers friends and friends family!) We've been going for about a month now and every day is a new experience.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving if you are one of the lucky people who gets to live in Canada \:D/ so we had a bunch of family over today to eat their weight in turkey and homemade pumpkin pie (and a ton of other stuff that basically covered the entire surface of the table) and I don't have to work tomorrow because it's a holiday, so life is looking pretty good right now! I like pie and I like the thought of getting to sleep in tomorrow.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm nervous about tomorrow because I deliver my first sermon!

help.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that sounds exciting! And also scary. Let us know how it goes!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I ate Canadian Thanksgiving with my wonderful Canadian roommate. :)
I paid my internet bill.
I made a delicious chicken, cheese and pasta casserole.
I watched I Love Lucy on DVD and Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
I read C. S. Lewis.
And.....currently I am procrastinating on homework during my Senior year of college at Liberty.
The End. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My boss is on vacation all week so I get paid to be at work more than usual but don't have anyone to tell me to do things, thus posting on the ToO. \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw wrote:Wow, that sounds exciting! And also scary. Let us know how it goes!
It was a bit nerve-racking. But I did well overall; everyone had nice comments and I got to keep what people wrote down (mostly positive but some negative which isn't fun, but hopefully next time I'll do even better)

My teacher said I had the makings of a good speaker and he was excited for me

so yay \:D/

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, Angel is a very efficient recorder of her life events! I'm glad that you have a Canadian roommate to help you enjoy two Thanksgivings! :D

Top, this is your boss. Get back to work! :x

Shennifer, that sounds very positive overall! Constructive (and less constructive) criticism is never fun, but hopefully it was all helpful to keep growing for next time! :D

Today I went to the grocery store to buy two things and forgot what one of them was. I then examined the entire flyer (which I often look at back to front, for some odd reason) before I realized what it was - the green grapes advertised on the top of the front page. Oops. :anxious: At least I figured out what it was before I got home! ;)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

You know, it's funny, I don't feel as if I've been particularly absent from the ToO, but I just realized the other day I've been doing all lurking and no posting. :( To be fair, though, real life has been keeping me busy: I've been working to reestablish the pro-life club on campus, as well as serving as treasurer of the sci-fi/fantasy club. Also, I've been volunteering doing pro-life activism stuff on Saturdays, so that's been pretty awesome. \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Lurking is the cooler version of posting, Amy. You get to. .wear sunglasses and lurk in corners.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:57 am, edited 6 times in total.