Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:Earlier this week I filled my coworker's office with balloons, before she got back from vacation. I then hid under the pile of balloons and then grabbed her ankles as she walked into the office.
wish you had taken a video of that moment. I can certainly imagine it :lol:

Till the end of the line.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

RIP, Amy's coworker.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I just finished my summer job at camp. It included a few weeks of lifeguarding, a few more of counseling, and a week in Vermont teaching 3 Bible clubs. Now I've got two weeks till I head out to college.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to a friend's Jamberry party tonight. For the unenlightened, that means fancy nail wrap designs. I don't spend much time on my nails, but they have lots of pretty designs, and I'm going to get my friend's cousin to put the nail wraps on when my order comes, so that should be easy enough for me. ;) My friend made three kinds of cheesecake for the party, so I ate cheesecake and held the most adorable baby ever and visited with friends. It's tough being me some days. ;)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Catspaw it sounds tough to be you ;)
My best friend left for basic training earlier this week so it's been a little depressing :(

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Graces4you. I hope you're still able to stay in touch while your friend is away.

I went to a family gathering today that was for extended family that I really never see. Luckily, one of my cousins and my brother were also there, because I didn't know most of the people there. Apparently they don't know me either, since somebody asked my mom if my brother and I were married. :bolt: They were happy to find out that we were siblings, since apparently my brother looks too young for me to be married to. ;) I was the second-youngest person there. Not by much, since my cousin and I are the same age right now, but his birthday does come before mine so he got to be the third-youngest. He gets to try out each age before me, just to make sure that it isn't too bad. \:D/ The gathering was nice overall, though not the best day EVER or anything. It's a different place every year, and I normally don't go, but it was being held five minutes away from home, so I could hardly not attend. ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm visiting my friend in LA this week, which should be fun \:D/

then when I get back it's my birthday on the 30th, then the next day I move in at school

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer wrote:I'm visiting my friend in LA this week, which should be fun \:D/

then when I get back it's my birthday on the 30th, then the next day I move in at school
For a minute I thought you said it was your 30th birthday, and I began to panic.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I'm back home from my job now, and it's kind of a bummer. :( Hopefully with school starting up I'll be able to keep myself occupied with other things.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was driving home from a church prayer meeting (which was awesome!) tonight, and I noticed a car on the highway that was driving but had their four-way flashers on. It was dark, so it wasn't until I was right next to them to pass them that I saw the reason why - it was a small-ish car with a mattress strapped to the top of it! Oh dear. I really hope that they weren't going far, because the glance that I took as I was passing didn't make it look like they had a ton of straps keeping that mattress on! Crazy people.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Marvin D. wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I'm visiting my friend in LA this week, which should be fun \:D/

For a minute I thought you said it was your 30th birthday, and I began to panic.
Haha! that's hilarious :lol: but no, I'm only turning 24

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got to visit a friend and her baby today! The baby was born quite early at only 4 pounds, but the amazing thing is that apart from being early and very small, she's totally healthy otherwise! I couldn't believe how soon they got to take her home from the hospital. She is just sooo little! I've gotten used to holding a different friend's baby, but he's over 15 pounds now, and that feels a lot different than holding a baby under 5 pounds! :mad:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm back from LA! I had a great time visiting my friend, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (she had never seen it, and now she likes it), and shopping.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and then the next day I move in at school :)

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Happy birfday, Ms. Shennifer \:D/

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Marvin D. wrote:Happy birfday, Ms. Shennifer \:D/
Thanks, Marv ;)

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Shennifer wrote:
Thanks, Marv ;)
Happy birthday! :hug:

I just finished my second week of college! It's a lot of work, but I love it. My professors are awesome; I'm making friends; and I am learning so much. \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sapphire wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Thanks, Marv ;)

I just finished my second week of college! It's a lot of work, but I love it. My professors are awesome; I'm making friends; and I am learning so much. \:D/
That's so great Sapphire! :) Did you move away to school, or are you close to home?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Well, lets see first week of college is done....it was a little rough at first, I had no internet, my GPS broke (which is bad when you are new to Indianapolis), I got lost to the point I walked like 2 hours one way to nowhere (because Indy has multiple addresses that just have different zip codes) then I lost my wallet. I did eventually find my wallet but not after I had cancelled the stuff in it so I had to get that back up. But after all that it has been pretty good. I like living by myself and most of my classes aren't too hard. My Computer Science teacher is really enjoyable but I hope I can actually learn what I need in that class and that I truly want a degree in CS.

So, I have some doubts of what I am going to do but I will stick it out for a little bit. Besides I think I am gonna be pretty busy with 18 credit hours. :)

On a side note, I did find which church I am going to down here, which is a good thing to have planned for each week.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Thanks, Marv ;)

That's so great Sapphire! :) Did you move away to school, or are you close to home?
I am staying at home and commuting to school. I was really nervous about it at first because it can be hard for commuters to make friendships, but I have been making friends since day one. So, I am very happy!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, it sounds like a few people are off to (mostly) good starts at new schools! :D Yay!

I spent a few hours cleaning and organizing today, and the job still isn't done, unfortunately. :( Things look better, though. I'm bad at just stacking stuff wherever with the intention of sorting through it in the near future, but then I add more stuff and it seems like more work, and I avoid it until things are so bad that I have to clean. Not a great system, I'll readily admit, but hey, at least things are better...for now. ;)