Ask a Lesbian!

Because you can, and should.

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Mx.Mohawk
Lurker

Ask a Lesbian!

Post by Mx.Mohawk »

Your burning lesbo questions can be asked and answered herein. That ask a gay guy thread is old and weird, and I have therefore revived the topic with a feminine touch. Rest assured I am a normal human being and can answer random questions relating to music, TV shows, the weather, or my hair. Questions regarding my sexuality are also cool. Wheee! \:D/
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Why are lesbians not as awesome as gay guys? That's the real question here. :P
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Mx.Mohawk
Lurker

Post by Mx.Mohawk »

Because we have been over-sexualixed by hoards of drooling straight men and therefore have an aloof and tough exterior. Plus, we don't care about fashion or being fabulous. We're happy with our cats and our plaid shirts.

(This is solely based on stereotypes as I'm actually getting my degree in fashion design, lol.)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

How'd you find the ToO/What made you decide to join?

Kirk, Picard, or O'Neill?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Mx.Mohawk wrote:Because we have been over-sexualixed by hoards of drooling straight men and therefore have an aloof and tough exterior. Plus, we don't care about fashion or being fabulous. We're happy with our cats and our plaid shirts.

(This is solely based on stereotypes as I'm actually getting my degree in fashion design, lol.)
Dude have you seen the massive amount of fanfiction sexualizing gay guys? Straight women love gay guys. There's even a yaoi con that is predominantly visited by straight women. I've even contributed to said fanfiction. :P

Also cats are wonderful. Plaid shirts not so much. :P
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Knight Fisher wrote: Kirk, Picard, or O'Neill?
PICARD!!!
Oh, wait...
I'm not a lesbian... #-o

Oh! Wait! I do have a question though...
Are y'all nearing the final stages in your plans to eradicate all male life from the surface of the planet?
Just out of pure curiosity... :anxious:
It's not like I'm preparing a secret bunker in Alaska so I might survive or anything... :- :-#
_________________________________________________________________________________________

:mrgreen:
Anyway...
All joking aside, there is a legitimate question that has been asked before, but never really answered well, and Quad-J suggested that it be asked to a (and I'm quoting verbatim here) "girl who's gay," so I thought you'd be the perfect candidate!
Unless, of course, you're not gay, and just a lesbian... :mrgreen:

Here's the original question:
SoccerLOTR wrote:Is it ok to use the term "gay" to describe both male and female homosexuals? The term "lesbian" came into my vocabulary much later in life (not sure why), so my initial thoughts upon hearing "gay" is synonymous with "homosexual" in a general way--just like when I hear in old speeches or texts the phrase "all men" I know it is referring to both men and women. Is that an acceptable thought/usage, or would that be offensive/incorrect?
I'll rephrase it for clarity (or maybe it's just because I like my own way of putting things better :mrgreen: ) :

Is it socially acceptable to refer to a lesbian as "gay," or perhaps a lesbian couple as "gay lovers" (which I have heard on several occasions, largely on YouTube :mrgreen: )?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

How long have you had a mohawk?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |