Reasonable Advice Questions for Top!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm tired of Bronco Bama. :x

If the Bengals do lose its because they wanted to let that crippled guy on the Broncos have a good day.

And no, you haven't finished your first one yet. :noway:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Am I the anti-christ?
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

There is an important distinction between THE Anti-Christ and just anti-christ in general. Jesus said their would be many anti-christs. So yes, you are probably one of them. :( But not THE Anti-Christ, who is Barack Obama.

TRUE STORY: I was always drawing my own comic books as a kid and I probably saw some cheesy 70's movie about the Tribulation (because this was long before Left Behind) and so I started some story about the ANTI-ANTI-CHRIST group that was fighting the Anti-Christ's people or whatever. I always thought that was a hilarious name. And their logo had the two A's on the side so it was like <>< the Christian fish thing. I was a creative young lad. I don't think I ever even finished one of those because it was more fun drawing Nintendo things and adventures of The Top Crusaders.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

are YOU the anti-christ?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Not that I am aware. Although that opens up the question of will the anti-christ know that they are the anti-christ?! :shock:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:TRUE STORY: I was always drawing my own comic books as a kid and I probably saw some cheesy 70's movie about the Tribulation (because this was long before Left Behind) and so I started some story about the ANTI-ANTI-CHRIST group that was fighting the Anti-Christ's people or whatever. I always thought that was a hilarious name. And their logo had the two A's on the side so it was like <>< the Christian fish thing. I was a creative young lad. I don't think I ever even finished one of those because it was more fun drawing Nintendo things and adventures of The Top Crusaders.
Do you still have those?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I wouldn't have purposely thrown it away, and I have retrieved a big box of drawings from my parents' recently. The AAC thing could be in there. If not they probably threw it away. :(

Now as far as Top Crusader and Nintendo stuff, I do have a vast majority of that still. They were always my finest work. :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I would love to see some of them.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The Adventures of the Top Crusaders are split between the other co-founder and co-Crusader and myself but I can see what I can dig up. I don't have a scanner so I just have to take crummy cell phone photos. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m back for round two on the graduation thing.
I’ve been giving it a lot of really serious thought with the advice from you and others in consideration, and I’m pretty certain I’ve made up my mind. I’d just like some additional input from you to sort of sanction my conclusion.

As I said, I’ve always taken it for granted that I wouldn’t take part in the ceremony. I was just sure from the outset that it wouldn’t be for me. It wasn’t until it began approaching that I started second guessing that attitude. Now the deadline for me to make my final set decision is very near, and after giving it great consideration, and even actually trying to change my mind for a bit because I thought I may be making a mistake, I remain resolved to not participate. And I mean firmly resolved; I feel that this is the right decision and I won’t have any misgivings or regrets about it at all. But ironically, that resolve is what is making me wonder if I really made the right decision. I feel like, even if this is the right choice, I should have some feeling of uncertainty, at least a minor one, because this is a once in a lifetime thing and once I choose not to do it I can’t go back. But I don’t.

So I guess my question for you is sort of a repeat of before, but do you think not participating in the formal graduation is an acceptable and okay choice? Really? Do you have any reasons to strongly advise me to reconsider?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I remember this coming up before but I forget what I said then. ;)

Anyway in my humble opinion, putting myself in that situation, its fun to graduate with a bunch of buddies like I did in high school... but then I didn't finish college until many years later and only had acquaintances I'd make in each class and no one I was really close to. I didn't want to attend the ceremony but Baragon forced me to. ;) If I had not done so I don't think I'd regret it at all. Of course, that's just me. For me, college wasn't a big huge experience, it was classes I tried to wedge into my work schedule to get a degree and I was simply relieved to have it behind me (at least for the time being). HS graduation was epic but college was just basically, "Okay, now I have a little more free time or I can try to work more hours or something," and it just wasn't that big a deal.

Of course other people would disagree, it just depends on how you're approaching college... but if you're set on not doing it I wouldn't worry about it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, that makes me feel a lot better.
As a followup question then, do you think it would be weird to attend the ceremony as a spectator? You know, be there, but not be in it. I think that would be a good way to make sure there are no regrets down the road, because at least I would have part of the experience.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, that's a good compromise, really. You'll see everything that happens, you just won't have to walk in front of a big crowd (which I really hated ;)) and wear a stupid hat and gown (which was kind of fun >_>).
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think I’ll do that then.
Thanks Top, I really appreciate your input.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Are you going to the midnight premiere of Godzilla?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Whitty Whit wrote:Are you going to the midnight premiere of Godzilla?
Oh man, I hadn't checked in here for a while, but fortunately I came in time to respond since the movie premieres later this week! \:D/

I would go to a midnight premiere if that was the earliest available time to view the movie... but as it turns out, they earliest showings I've seen listed in my own city and anywhere nearby is 7pm the night before the official release day... which is odd, but, hey, if I can see it five hours earlier, I'm all for it! \:D/

The bigger question is where and with whom I'll see it with. I am vetting lots of offers. I could go to Columbus and see it a fancy theater where you sit in a recliner and they serve you dinner, but I don't want to drive in rush hour traffic in Columbus to get there, so I'll probably stay local. Our theater doesn't have recliners and dinners but it's fairly new and reasonably nice.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

How do I tell the difference between taking a break and procrastinating?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ask Ross and Rachael.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Rachel*

WE. WERE. ON. A. BREAK.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Is healing a choice?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.