Questions for Monty

Seriously. Ask me.

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What else did you do at camp?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Hmmm...we showed up, ready to start a ffun week with 167 of our closest friends on Monday afternoon. After setting up chairs and getting my bunk set up, I headed to a dinner of pasta and rolls! Having enjoyed this delicacy, I headed back to my cabin and forced the first and second graders there to shower. After this was done, (which took longer than one would think...), I headed to Tabernacle (which is sort of the church building for camp) and got up front with the rest of the teen sponsors to lead music. After we sang such rousing songs as "I am a C," we sponsors retired to our seats to hear one of the sponsors preach. He was quite entertaining and effective, illustrating with a PowerPoint presentation that God's Word is true and should be the moral compass for our life. After services, we had a half-hour break before some group games back in the Tabernacle. The sponsors all directed the kids in playing Poop Deck (basically a simplified version of Simon Says) and Four Corners (basically, a building-wide game of chance) before we had curfew and had to be back in our cabins. We had a little trouble, and a lot of farting noises trying to get the kids to sleep, but I think we were all asleep before 12:30; a first for the first and second grade cabin!

After a restless night in which I tried to get used to a new bed, we all woke up ready for an awesome adventure! The first full day of camp is always an exciting day and this year was no exception. We went to a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, and biscuits before heading up to the Tabernacle for the morning rally. We sang a few songs and had a short devotion before heading to our morning classes. But I was one of the few sponsors who stayed behind, as I was chosen to help make teams for sports, which occur after classes. After we made the teams in the nice air-conditioned nurse's station, everyone headed back to the Tabernacle, ready for some fun games on the ball field. Our team lost our game of football and we headed to lunch, where we had some delicious burgers and chips. After lunch, the first through third graders went back to their cabins for a sponsor-loved and camper-hated tradition: Quiet Time. During quiet time, all of the kids have to stay on their bunks for an hour and a half and be very, very quiet. Once they've done this for the allotted time, we kick the 4-6 graders out of the pool and let the 1-3 graders swim for about an hour until large group water games. For Tuesday evening's water games, we set up a water slide, 12 huge buckets of water, and two hoses, and let the kids have fun with them for about an hour. We then attempted to get them cleaned off and mostly dry so they could go to dinner. At dinner, we all enjoyed some cardboard chicken tenders and some plastic green beans! After choking down our packing materials, we headed to Tabernacle, where we again led songs, and again heard some excellent preaching about faith. We had another short break after services, and then watched a puppet show!

Wednesday: Repeat of Tuesday, except we had different meals, a different preacher, I got thrown down a waterside forcibly, and we watched a movie!

Thursday: It started out innocently enough, we had classes, breakfast, sports, lunch, quiet time, and swimming. I opted out of watching my kids during the shaving cream fight and headed to dinner. We had our salvation message at Tabernacle, and 13 kids made professions of faith. (which is what camp is all about! :) ) After a relatively short night of Doctor Dare, we headed back to our cabins, and everyone went back to sleep. Except for the teen sponsors. I'm not allowed to talk about what went on at the sponsor party, but I can say that this is where the armadillos came in. And a massive game of hide-and-seek outside in the dark. And a little crying and leprosy. And our camp is haunted. Now I'm done.

Friday: I don't like to talk about Friday.

Does that answer your question, Marv?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

More than I expected :-

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Indeed. There's really no way to respond to that post...
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What a late response.

And what nice name ;)

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Adonibezek wrote:Hmmm...we showed up, ready to start a ffun week with 167 of our closest friends on Monday afternoon. After setting up chairs and getting my bunk set up, I headed to a dinner of pasta and rolls! Having enjoyed this delicacy, I headed back to my cabin and forced the first and second graders there to shower. After this was done, (which took longer than one would think...), I headed to Tabernacle (which is sort of the church building for camp) and got up front with the rest of the teen sponsors to lead music. After we sang such rousing songs as "I am a C," we sponsors retired to our seats to hear one of the sponsors preach. He was quite entertaining and effective, illustrating with a PowerPoint presentation that God's Word is true and should be the moral compass for our life. After services, we had a half-hour break before some group games back in the Tabernacle. The sponsors all directed the kids in playing Poop Deck (basically a simplified version of Simon Says) and Four Corners (basically, a building-wide game of chance) before we had curfew and had to be back in our cabins. We had a little trouble, and a lot of farting noises trying to get the kids to sleep, but I think we were all asleep before 12:30; a first for the first and second grade cabin!

After a restless night in which I tried to get used to a new bed, we all woke up ready for an awesome adventure! The first full day of camp is always an exciting day and this year was no exception. We went to a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, and biscuits before heading up to the Tabernacle for the morning rally. We sang a few songs and had a short
devotion before heading to our morning classes. But I was one of the few sponsors who stayed behind, as I was chosen to help make teams for sports, which occur after classes. After we made the teams in the nice air-conditioned nurse's station, everyone headed back to the Tabernacle, ready for some fun games on the ball field. Our team lost our game of football and we headed to lunch, where we had some delicious burgers and chips. After lunch, the first through third graders went back to their cabins for a sponsor-loved and camper-hated tradition: Quiet Time. During quiet time, all of the kids have to stay on their bunks for an hour and a half and be very, very quiet. Once they've done this for the allotted time, we kick the 4-6 graders out of the pool and let the 1-3 graders swim for about an hour until large group water games. For Tuesday evening's water games, we set up a water slide, 12 huge buckets of water, and two hoses, and let the kids have fun with them for about an hour. We then attempted to get them cleaned off and mostly dry so they could go to dinner. At dinner, we all enjoyed some cardboard chicken tenders and some plastic green beans! After choking down our packing materials, we headed to Tabernacle, where we again led songs, and again heard some excellent preaching about faith. We had another short break after services, and then watched a puppet show!

Wednesday: Repeat of Tuesday, except we had different meals, a different preacher, I got thrown down a waterside forcibly, and we watched a movie!

Thursday: It started out innocently enough, we had classes, breakfast, sports, lunch, quiet time, and swimming. I opted out of watching my kids during the shaving cream fight and headed to dinner. We had our salvation message at Tabernacle, and 13 kids made professions of faith. (which is what camp is all about! :) ) After a relatively short night of Doctor Dare, we headed back to our cabins, and everyone went back to sleep. Except for the teen sponsors. I'm not allowed to talk about what went on at the sponsor party, but I can say that this is where the armadillos came in. And a massive game of hide-and-seek outside in the dark. And a little crying and leprosy. And our camp is haunted. Now I'm done.

Friday: I don't like to talk about Friday.

Does that answer your question, Marv?
*is curious about Friday* ;)

Seriously... Too bad you dont get money here. :( that would've been a LOT!

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I posted that because I was passionate about camp and had just gotten back; not because I wanted virtual money. However, I have been more protective of it since the new regime came into power...
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Can I call you Presto? \:D/

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Go for it! Is it because of the magical posts I make? ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Partially \:D/ That, and because of something else. . .

*PMs just in case*

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

So how are you, Monty?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Small talk? :O

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yeah.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I'm doing absolutely super!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Aren't you in school now? :-k

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Indeed, but it is third hour, my computer study hall!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You can study on the ToO? :O

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

That's good, Monty! \:D/

Hehe. Computer study hall...
#FOREVERKITTY
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

He might be studying how this place runs so that overthrow the current ToO government.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

True...
#FOREVERKITTY