Ask Tiger!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Which Harry Potter book is your favorite? Which movie?

Till the end of the line.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

TigerintheShadows wrote:And I don't mind the dictionary either; people at my school tend to think I read the dictionary for fun because I can spout off enough big words to make them go crazy. I should mention that most of my friends tend to act like ditzy blondes.
You read the dictionary for entertainment as well? *gets excited*

But I don't have any ditzy blonde friends. Just a brunette who acts like a ditzy blonde. (She really does.)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

My favorite HP book is Half-Blood Prince. Movie would have to be...hmmm...Half-Blood Prince as well. I just love that book/movie!

And yes, I do tend to grab a dictionary from time to time and look things up. It's most invigorating, as we have the Oxford College Dictionary with practically a billion words and therefore oodles of entertainment. :D

As a matter of fact, most of my friends are not blondes. I have about two or three really good friends of mine who are blondes, and all of them are smart (one even acts like it :shock:). Most of my friends act like they're a ditzy brunette, or in the case of one girl I know, a ditzy redhead.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

cool! My favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire. As for the movie, I'd have to say the 2nd one.

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

What is your favourite book genre?
TigerintheShadows

Shennifer wrote:cool! My favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire. As for the movie, I'd have to say the 2nd one.
I saw the second one last night, and was reminded yet again how AWESOME that movie is!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I saw the 2nd one an hour ago, because I'm just chillin at home with a stuffy nose. And yes, that movie is AWESOME :yes:

TigerintheShadows

Stuffy nose, huh? I had that for about...two months. It was the worst over Thanksgiving and Christmas Break, though.

Interestingly, I almost never miss school because of getting sick. It's always on the breaks. Even LABOR DAY.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I hardly missed school either, which I actually liked because it was stressful trying to catch up on what I'd miss.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I havent missed school for ages....Tiger, do you like chemistry? What grade are you in?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows

I HATE missing school, because at my school, you get BURIED in makeup work. If it weren't for show choir, I'd beg my parents to homeschool me.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

What is your favourite historic moment? (I didn't ask that already, did I? :anxious: )
TigerintheShadows

Nope :D. My favorite historic moment...hmm...the makings of the Nineteenth Amendment and the Civil Rights movement. The former is because I'm a girl, and being Southern born and bred kind of helps with the whole headstrong thing. The latter is because I just love how so many people realized that the discrimination and violence had to stop. I have many other favorite historic moments; my favorite site is the Oracle at Delphi (never been; I want to, though). I love history--my favorite subject! WUT.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Oh that sounds fun. Didn't they inhale smoke and tell the future or something there (at Oracle at Delphi)? :-k
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

How did you pick your awesome name?

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
TigerintheShadows

Invisible Ninja wrote:Oh that sounds fun. Didn't they inhale smoke and tell the future or something there (at Oracle at Delphi)?
It was actually narchotic vapor that was inhaled when the priestesses--called Pytheas because of the snake like goddess that Apollo was said to have killed--would have the brilliant notion to put their faces over the fumes and then recite ecstatic prophecies--actually an unintelligible ramble which a priest of Apollo would translate into rather ambiguous, obscure poetry or prose. Often, this was held to be "magically prophetic--especially if later events could be considered fulfillment of the prophecies.

There are two leading theories about how these priestesses got to be so special. One is the inhalation of the narchotic vapors from gas passageways embedded into the earth, which basically reduced them to a loopy, drunken state. However, another theory is brought forth in the book of Acts, chapter 16, in which Paul and Silas are up in Phillipi and they encounter a slave girl, who had a spirit, in literal Greek, of Python--in other words, it is safe to assume that she was one of the Pytheas at the Oracle. She was basically stalking them and screaming that the men were "servants of the most high god who proclaim to you a way of salvation." The word "god" is lowercase because to her, "most high god" meant Zeus--a being we all know to be nonexistent--and a way of salvation was entirely differing from the true way of salvation through Jesus Christ. Paul finally gets fed up of her constant attempts to associate the Gospel with pagan deities, and in Acts 16:18, Paul casts the spirit out of her in the name of Jesus. Luke, who wrote Acts, seems to suggest that the Pytheas' powers were more from demons than vapors.

Sorry for the GIANT explanation that probably bored you half to death, but when something sets me on, it's hard to turn me off.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Why do think it's Zutara or whatever.

It's always been Katang!!!!!!
They kissed ya know...
TigerintheShadows

Why, yes, and I screamed in sheer agony. Just kidding, I think I handled it fairly well; I didn't go all over the Internet to rant and rave at Bryke or anything. And there are several good reasons why I ship Zutara and Taang and not Kataang and Maiko; they can be found at this site:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/136715/t ... ion...sigh...
AIO tumblr sideblog
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Why is the cake a lie?
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election