Ask Bob Booth Odyssey Related Questions

Why?

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Bob Booth
OK

Ask Bob Booth Odyssey Related Questions

Post by Bob Booth »

Well, i haven't been on here long yet, but I thought I'd start an "ask" thread nonetheless. I appreciate Odyssey questions the most, since this is an odyssey related forum, however I may deviate to an occasional non-Odyssey question. And my favorite types of questions to answer are character back stories! Even if the characters don't have back stories I will make them up.

So why ask me questions? That is a good question and a very good one to start off with. . . the answer: you'll have to wait and see!

Warning! The answers that I do give may be somewhat random. But that's one of the reasons to ask me questions. . . the random answers!
Last edited by Bob Booth on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Field
Lurker

Post by Bob Field »

How long have you worked for "Ancient World of Sports"?
"This was her favorite chocolate. Because you sent her away, there is more for you." --Russell

"And I'm Bob Field in the field..."
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Randomness rocks! Thus, random answers do too! \:D/

What is the tenth AIO album called?
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

what is your favorite episode?
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

What is your least favorite episode?
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Wow I've got a lot of questions already! I'll try to do my best to answer all of them...
Bob Field wrote:How long have you worked for "Ancient World of Sports"?
Bob Field, so great to have you on here. To answer your question (although I'm sure you already know all this) I've been working for the Ancient World of Sports for almost 31.57398621 years now. It's been wonderful. Before I was employed at AWoS I shined shoes in Cincinnati, Ohio where a man by the name of Orson Carlton (manager for AWoS) noticed my great speaking voice while I was shining his shoes. I had a habit then of giving a play by play report of my shoe shining progress and that just. . . tickled him. . . literally! He offered me a job for AWoS and I've been working there ever since. . .never had another job.

I'm Bob Booth in the Boo... oh wait. . .I still have more questions!
Invisible Ninja wrote: What is the tenth AIO album called?
Invisible Ninja, that is a valid question. (BTW why, if you're an invisible Ninja, do you have a picture of yourself?) :) The tenth album is aptly named Different Eras and Years, Along with Different Locations and it includes the suspenseful episode "A Person to Be Above Me while Watching Me Also".
Joyfully14 wrote:what is your favorite episode?
I'd have to say that my favorite episode, other than the one that I starred in as myself of course, BTV: Obedience, is unkown. I like so many episodes it's hard to put a finger (or even any other appendage) on a specific "favorite" episode.
EMBEE wrote:What is your least favorite episode?
"You Go To School Where?"

ugh.

Hopefully my answers were both informative AND helpful. :) Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go to report for AWoS.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Bob Booth wrote:Wow I've got a lot of questions already! I'll try to do my best to answer all of them...
Bob Field wrote:How long have you worked for "Ancient World of Sports"?
Bob Field, so great to have you on here. To answer your question (although I'm sure you already know all this) I've been working for the Ancient World of Sports for almost 31.57398621 years now. It's been wonderful. Before I was employed at AWoS I shined shoes in Cincinnati, Ohio where a man by the name of Orson Carlton (manager for AWoS) noticed my great speaking voice while I was shining his shoes. I had a habit then of giving a play by play report of my shoe shining progress and that just. . . tickled him. . . literally! He offered me a job for AWoS and I've been working there ever since. . .never had another job.

I'm Bob Booth in the Boo... oh wait. . .I still have more questions!
Invisible Ninja wrote: What is the tenth AIO album called?
Invisible Ninja, that is a valid question. (BTW why, if you're an invisible Ninja, do you have a picture of yourself?) :) The tenth album is aptly named Different Eras and Years, Along with Different Locations and it includes the suspenseful episode "A Person to Be Above Me while Watching Me Also".
Joyfully14 wrote:what is your favorite episode?
I'd have to say that my favorite episode, other than the one that I starred in as myself of course, BTV: Obedience, is unkown. I like so many episodes it's hard to put a finger (or even any other appendage) on a specific "favorite" episode.
EMBEE wrote:What is your least favorite episode?
"You Go To School Where?"

ugh.

Hopefully my answers were both informative AND helpful. :) Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go to report for AWoS.
Nice decimal. \:D/

Questions from you are not allowed here, only questions from others to your can be posted. This belongs in my question thread. :shame: lol jk :D Actually that's not me, that is Angus Mclaren, who plays Lewis McCartney on H2O: Just Add Water. :yes: The poor guy has fangirls mobbing him constantly. :(
But actually, contrary to popular belief, I am not literally "invisible". I merely employ ninja techniques that render me invisible to the untrained eye. :yes: But don't tell anyone, I don't want anyone to spot me if I'm stalking them. :-$ (Jk peoples, don't arrest me =P)

What is AWoS? Is it like AWOL? \:D/
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Yeah, I did not think that it was you. :D
Invisible Ninja wrote:What is AWoS? Is it like AWOL? \:D/
AWoS is an abbreviation for Ancient World of Sports, where I "work".
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Bob Booth wrote:Yeah, I did not think that it was you. :D
Invisible Ninja wrote:What is AWoS? Is it like AWOL? \:D/
AWoS is an abbreviation for Ancient World of Sports, where I "work".
Ooohh. :yes: "Work"? In quotation marks? Do you "work" there in real life or online or something? :-k
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Invisible Ninja wrote: Ooohh. :yes: "Work"? In quotation marks? Do you "work" there in real life or online or something? :-k
I say "work" because I can hardly think of it as work because I get such enjoyment out of it!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Bob Booth wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote: Ooohh. :yes: "Work"? In quotation marks? Do you "work" there in real life or online or something? :-k
I say "work" because I can hardly think of it as work because I get such enjoyment out of it!
But it is still manual labor, yes? :-k *shrugs* What do you do there? \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Who do you think will get Tom Riley's land if they remove him from AIO?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Invisible Ninja wrote:But it is still manual labor, yes? :-k *shrugs* What do you do there? \:D/
Of course it is still manual labor (except I don't use my hands). I mainly sit in front of the microphone and give an amusing and fast pace play by play description of ancient sport events. Very exciting stuff, I must say.
MITCHnTRENT wrote:Who do you think will get Tom Riley's land if they remove him from AIO?
If they remove Tom Riley's land I believe it will go to Agnes' nephew, Jake. He is a speech pathologist and for the last few years has been planning to start a "Speak Correctly" camp to help people with lisps and other speech impediments. Does that answer your question?
Last edited by Bob Booth on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, I guess it does.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Bob Booth in the booth, are you ever not in the booth? Are you ever just in a house, or a restaurant, or a shopping mall, or perhaps a meadow or *ahem* field? \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Interesting question, and not surprisingly, I get it all the time. Ok... I really like my privacy, and have a very awkward and almost shy personality (you'd never tell by hearing my voice) so the answer to your question is actually both yes and no. Let me explain. About 30 years ago after I started working for AWoS, at the suggestion of a counselor, I ordered a portable "booth". This not only contributed to my business (since I could always truthfully say I was in the booth), but it also helped me feel more secure because there is always something between me and whoever I'm talking to. Now I bring it with me everywhere I go, whether it be in a house, a restaurant, a shopping mall, a meadow, or a field. So, yes, I am other places besides a booth, no, I'm never outside of my booth. (it makes driving very hard, but hey.... you gotta do what you gotta do!)
Last edited by Bob Booth on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Bob Booth wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:But it is still manual labor, yes? :-k *shrugs* What do you do there? \:D/
Of course it is still manual labor (except I don't use my hands). I mainly sit in front of the microphone and give an amusing and fast pace play by play description of ancient sport events. Very exciting stuff, I must say.
Sweetness! \:D/ Ancient stuff like gladiatorial games and chariot races?
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Yeah...sometimes. I usually like to record Biblical battles the most, because I find the gladiatorial games to be a little... frightening. Once at the very beginning of my career they asked for a volunteer at a gladiator fight. Being one who could never resist volunteering for something I raised my hand and jumped up and down....Well, it turned out ok once I realized what was happening and explained that I was with the press, but it gave me a really big scare!

But...yeah. I cover pretty much any historical ancient sport event.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I was the joking and now I'm not sure whether you're serious, and if so to what extent. :anxious:
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

ok....I'll admit. After that episode with the gladiatorial game, I've only done Biblical battles and the like. Sorry to mislead you.