Ask SNUBS

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
User avatar
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley
Posts: 3204
Joined: October 2010
Location: IA
Contact:

Post by Steve »

snubs, on a scale of 1 - 10, how big of a Top Crusader fangirl are we all?
Last edited by Steve on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STINKY
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

Steve wrote:snubs, on a scale of 1 - 10, how big of a Top Crusader fangirl are we all?
How be we are or you all are? For you all (assuming 10 is the highest), I'd say 9, or to make it more fair I'll say an average of 7.8.

As for me, I'm a nice even 2. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?
Posts: 614
Joined: August 2012
Location: the Neverland

Post by Kaida »

SNUUUUBS. I LOVE YOUR SIG.

That's it. No question.
Wait yes. Which Winnie the Pooh character are you and which am I?
Image
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
User avatar
Tea Ess
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 2012
Location: Castrima

Post by Tea Ess »

How many snubs could a snubs snub if a snubs could snub snubs?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Image
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:SNUUUUBS. I LOVE YOUR SIG.

That's it. No question.
Wait yes. Which Winnie the Pooh character are you and which am I?
=D I knew you would appreciate it! I LUVS IT TOO.

Hmm, I don't think I can pick just one character so I'll say a blend of two. I think you are a mix of Tigger and Rabbit. =p As for me... Though I aspire to be Pooh Bear, I'm a blend of Piglet and Eeyore. Image

ONE DAY I WILL BE POOH BEAR.
Tea Ess wrote:How many snubs could a snubs snub if a snubs could snub snubs?
One. Because I am THE SNUBS, the one, and only one that will ever be.

Plus,

Only a snubs could snub a snubs.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
GJ
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 293
Joined: September 2016
Location: The Resistance
Contact:

Post by GJ »

I'm sure it's been asked before, I apologise, though...where does the name "snubs" come from?
What is your favourite movie series?
What is your favourite cartoon?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

GJFH wrote:I'm sure it's been asked before, I apologise, though...where does the name "snubs" come from?
My sister came up with it and used to call me snubs. I am not a very tall person, and my sister said a "snubs" sounds like something short and told me I look like a "snubs." :p

Soooo, when it came to joining this place, that was the only reasonable username I could think of. And now it is the name of choice. \:D/
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite movie series?
Hummm. I don't think I have a favorite (I don't watch many movies), but maybe the Spiderman movies (excluding the third), and the Jurassic Park movies (excluding the newest one).
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite cartoon?
Top favorites would be Recess, Winnie the Pooh, and Avatar: The Last Airbender (if that counts)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Bob
-
Posts: 497
Joined: September 2006
Location: Texas
Gender:

Post by Bob »

You have to turn into a fictional villain from any fandom. Who are your top picks? (OCs count)
(The character may have reformed in the story, but they must be primarily known as a villain.)

If you had to rename the days of the week, what would they be?
Months of the year?

If you had to have grown up speaking a different language, which one would you choose?

You have to leave your home country and move to another one, today. Where would you go to?

You can rewrite all the history books to say anything, emphasize any points, or reflect any bias that you want them to. Nobody will know it was ever any different. What changes do you make? (No actual history is changed by this.)

What would you like your life to be like when you're 30?

What would your "dream house" be like?

Would you mind putting some questions on my "Ask" thread? It's buried somewhere in the earlier few pages. I would've bumped it myself if I could have, but you can only edit your last post, even if it's years old.
User avatar
Tea Ess
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 2012
Location: Castrima

Post by Tea Ess »

snubs wrote:One. Because I am THE SNUBS, the one, and only one that will ever be.

Plus,

Only a snubs could snub a snubs.
That's.. actually the best answer I've ever heard to that question.

Avatar the Last Airbender was amazing. Have you seen Legend of Korra?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Image
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

Bob wrote:You have to turn into a fictional villain from any fandom. Who are your top picks? (OCs count)
(The character may have reformed in the story, but they must be primarily known as a villain.)
Starscream
Starscream
Starscream
ImageImage
\:D/
Bob wrote:If you had to rename the days of the week, what would they be?
Months of the year?
Umm... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7? :p I don't know.
Bob wrote:If you had to have grown up speaking a different language, which one would you choose?
Maybe like Korean or Japanese... or even Spanish.
Bob wrote:You have to leave your home country and move to another one, today. Where would you go to?
Canada. That would be the most convenient.
Bob wrote:You can rewrite all the history books to say anything, emphasize any points, or reflect any bias that you want them to. Nobody will know it was ever any different. What changes do you make? (No actual history is changed by this.)
That's a question that would require a lot more thought that I don't want to devote to doing so, NEXT QUESTION. O:)
Bob wrote:What would you like your life to be like when you're 30?
Married and hopefully have a child and/or be working on a lot of big projects with my brother, such as books and visual media.
Bob wrote:What would your "dream house" be like?
A TREE HOUSE. Though, having a tree house is kinda conflicting with my style because I like the simplistic, minimalist look that has a very bright, modern and open feel. So maybe the outside could look like a tree house, but the inside is the minimalist (with a touch of bright colors and modernized retro/hipster). \:D/
Bob wrote:Would you mind putting some questions on my "Ask" thread? It's buried somewhere in the earlier few pages. I would've bumped it myself if I could have, but you can only edit your last post, even if it's years old.
Shore. I'll see what I can do.

Tea Ess wrote:
snubs wrote:One. Because I am THE SNUBS, the one, and only one that will ever be.

Plus,

Only a snubs could snub a snubs.
That's.. actually the best answer I've ever heard to that question.
You're welcome. =p
Tea Ess wrote:Avatar the Last Airbender was amazing. Have you seen Legend of Korra?
Yes, I have. It was, unfortunately, 10 times worse than the original series. :boohoo: However, they did step up their animation game in creating some really nice action sequences. But they took a step back with the incredible amount of CGI and the backgrounds didn't blend very well.

They only had a couple of really good villian characters, the rest were just bleh. I was also hoping for better character development. Like with Jinora for instance, I would have liked to have seen more of airbending power, instead they focused more on her spirit world abilities, which got repetitive. The only storyline I thought they did really well with (from beginning to end) was with Verrick and Zhu Li. :lol:
Last edited by snubs on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?
Posts: 614
Joined: August 2012
Location: the Neverland

Post by Kaida »

When and how did you get your rank?
Image
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
User avatar
Tea Ess
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 2012
Location: Castrima

Post by Tea Ess »

snubs wrote:Yes, I have. It was, unfortunately, 10 times worse than the original series. :boohoo: However, they did step up their animation game in creating some really nice action sequences. But they took a step back with the incredible amount of CGI and the backgrounds didn't blend very well.
That's disappointing. =/ I actually liked it a lot, but not as much as the original series. I can't really speak for the animation side however.
snubs wrote:They only had a couple of really good villian characters, the rest were just bleh. I was also hoping for better character development. Like with Jinora for instance, I would have liked to have seen more of airbending power, instead they focused more on her spirit world abilities, which got repetitive. The only storyline I thought they did really well with (from beginning to end) was with Verrick and Zhu Li. :lol:
I thought the villains all having differing ideologies was interesting, but I would have to agree with you that they didn't top the Ozai, Zuko, or the amazing villain Azula was. I was disappointed by the second season villain (I forgot his name :anxious:), but I liked Amon, Zaheer, and Kuvira.

Character development varied a lot. I'm not sure anything could top Zuko's redemption, but I did think that Korra matured and deepened as a character in some insightful ways, perhaps more than Aang did. For the most part, I also really appreciated getting to see flashbacks about the original characters as well as the old ones who were still alive. Especially Aang's weaknesses as a father and getting to see Toph in her old age. I definitely agree with you about Jinora and the other airbender kids though. I barely even knew who they were until the 4th season, and Milo was just annoying comic relief half of the time. They could have been so much better.

That's funny, because I really didn't appreciate the Verrick Zhu Li storyline that much. :p I enjoyed the fact that they went from being very static characters to Zhu Li developing a personality and Verrick starting to care for her. What made no sense was for Zhu Li basically being Verrick's servant and them not being romantically interested in each other to then suddenly being deeply in love and marrying.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Image
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:When and how did you get your rank?
It came about when I kept changing my nick on the chat (back when I first joined) and Quiet Strength was one of them, but as it turned out nothing could beat "snubs" so they never stuck. \:D/

I still liked Quiet Strength so I made it my rank.

---------------------

@T.S. (myself): I could go on and on about how The Legend of Korra could have been better.. but I won't. =p

I will say though, I agree about Amon being an interesting villain (though, they could have made that story a bit better). And Zaheer and his gang was the best they ever did in Korra :yes: (along with the story of how the first avatar came about). Zaheer was definitely a step up from the original.

Basically, I feel like they should have done a more cohesive story throughout the series. Like in the original, there was a very clear beginning, middle, and end. Unlike The Legend of Korra, where basically each season was it's own. It's like they didn't spend as much time and effort into Korra as with The Last Airbender. *shrugs*
T.S. (myself) wrote:That's funny, because I really didn't appreciate the Verrick Zhu Li storyline that much. :p I enjoyed the fact that they went from being very static characters to Zhu Li developing a personality and Verrick starting to care for her. What made no sense was for Zhu Li basically being Verrick's servant and them not being romantically interested in each other to then suddenly being deeply in love and marrying.
:lol: I actually couldn't stand Verrick in the beginning. I was like, "oh great, another stupid unnecessary character" ..but then I started really enjoying the comic relief he added to the show (he helped me get through the series, haha). I was just so glad they actually developed and finished his storyline, I was fearing they wouldn't.
Last edited by snubs on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Tea Ess
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 2012
Location: Castrima

Post by Tea Ess »

snubs wrote:Basically, I feel like they should have done a more cohesive story throughout the series. Like in the original, there was a very clear beginning, middle, and end. Unlike The Legend of Korra, where basically each season was it's own. It's like they didn't spend as much time and effort into Korra as with The Last Airbender.
Yeah, I'd agree. I loved how the fourth season built on the third, but the earlier seasons felt weirdly detached from one another.

I have to agree that Verrick started to grow on me as the series progressed. I enjoyed that he got actual character development, it's just that the marriage at the end was too sudden.


If you had to give a color more popularity/usage, which one would you pick?

What does an ideal day look like for you?

What's your second favorite season?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Image
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

T.S. (myself) wrote:If you had to give a color more popularity/usage, which one would you pick?
Orange. \:D/
T.S. (myself) wrote:What does an ideal day look like for you?
Partly cloudy at a perfect 75 degrees (no humidity), hanging out with friends/siblings and getting ice cream, going to the park or downtown and walking around, or playing frisbee or basketball (or even dodge ball \:D/ ), and building a fire that evening.
T.S. (myself) wrote:What's your second favorite season?
Of the year? Well, I like Spring and Summer, but I kinda combine those, so I'll say Fall/Autumn. :yes:
Last edited by snubs on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
GJ
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 293
Joined: September 2016
Location: The Resistance
Contact:

Post by GJ »

What is something about you most people wouldn't guess?
What are your favourite animated movies?
Have you ever had a major movie marathon?
What is your favourite movie series?
Do you like spy movies? 8-)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

GJFH wrote:What is something about you most people wouldn't guess?
There are a several things..

That I like people
I love children
I love bright colors and patterns
and I like most things retro/hipster/vintage and 1950's style
GJFH wrote:What are your favourite animated movies?
Hmm... I don't think I have a favorite, but the tops would be, Recess: School's Out, Beauty and the Beast, The Incedibles, Tangled, and The Fox and the Hound.
GJFH wrote:Have you ever had a major movie marathon?
Yes, my siblings and I marothoned the Toy Story movies and the Spiderman movies (with Tobey Maguire).
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite movie series?
I would say Transformers, but those movies disappointed me royally. :boohoo: So, I think Toy Story is probably my favorite. :yes:
GJFH wrote:Do you like spy movies? 8-)
I can't say I do. I mean, I don't seek them out to watch, but if I happen to be watching a spy movie, I usually enjoy it (if it's a good story).
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
Posts: 5970
Joined: June 2010
Location: Somewhere

Post by Whitty Whit »

Do you like trains?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
User avatar
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw
Posts: 8449
Joined: March 2008
Location: Loserville
Gender:
Contact:

Post by snubs »

Whitty Whit wrote:Do you like trains?
Yes. I love trains. Particularly the old fashion ones. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | AIO T-Shirts |
User avatar
Tea Ess
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 2012
Location: Castrima

Post by Tea Ess »

Do you like planes?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Questions for...”