Ask the American Eagle!

Ask for wisdom, for peace, for honor. Or... just ask for craziness!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Why does the world have so many vague answers? :(
That's a great question...

I would love to see your list, TKD. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:I would love to see your list, TKD. \:D/
I would love to see it as well. \:D/

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Joanne wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:I would love to see your list, TKD. \:D/
I would love to see it as well. \:D/
As would I \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joanne wrote:What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
The first thing that comes to mind is winning a camp hockey championship. I was goalie and I shut out the opposing team in the championship. \:D/

That may sound lame to the average reader, but it meant a lot to me. :P
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I think you should refrain from using the face you used in the first picture from now on. :noway: haha. Cool story though! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's not a face I usually make. ;)

Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:It's not a face I usually make. ;)
Lies :noway:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

American Eagle wrote:I have two rules for this thread, and it is: IF YOU VIEW THIS THREAD, YOU MUST POST A QUESTION!

^ That's the law. \:D/
I was just trying to see if AE ever had a questions thread, but then I accidentally cursed myself with a chain-letter curse. :( So I'll follow the rules! :x

Is there an aspect of your life that's better because of the ToO?
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Dang it. Now I have to come up with a question.

What's your favorite animal and why?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I have changed the law to no longer require questions. \:D/
Petrichor wrote:Is there an aspect of your life that's better because of the ToO?
I'm a year away from becoming a lawyer. I have to imagine that much of my writing and debating ability came from time spent in this place!
Kaida wrote:What's your favorite animal and why?
Probably dogs. They're cute and cuddly, important to society, fairly intelligent, and loyal and brave.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

what was the best and worst part of law school? what would you want to be doing in a year, 5 years, and 10 years from now?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:what was the best and worst part of law school? what would you want to be doing in a year, 5 years, and 10 years from now?
The best part of law school has been meeting a lot of fun, intelligent, and compassionate friends. The worst part is having to cram for 4-hour long exams. :(

One year: be an attorney (immigration? civil rights? wills or family law? not sure what kind yet). Five years: be married, have a kid. Ten years: run for public office of some kind.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

do you have to specialize to go into one of the fields you mentioned? or do you just start working as an intern?

boy or girl kid?

also how physically mature am i now asking for a friend \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

If running for office is the goal, why wait that long?
What is your go-to dish to bring to a BBQ?
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:do you have to specialize to go into one of the fields you mentioned? or do you just start working as an intern?
Generally, being licensed as an attorney in the US enables you to practice in any area you want, so you don't have to "specialize" while in law school, per se. But if you're a bankruptcy lawyer who's randomly doing criminal cases, you're going to mess something up and get sued for malpractice. So yes, where you intern matters. You have to gradually get experience and then slowly gain expertise in different fields.
Marvin D. wrote:boy or girl kid?
No preference!
Marvin D. wrote:also how physically mature am i now asking for a friend \:D/
Based on your insta, you are a grown man. \:D/
radgeek wrote:If running for office is the goal, why wait that long?
Ultimately, I want to help create laws that are fair, just, and progressive. In my opinion, a prerequisive to becoming a lawmaker should be having a strong grasp on how laws created will be applied in the real world and in the courtroom. I want to practice as a lawyer to gain that understanding first.
Marvin D. wrote:What is your go-to dish to bring to a BBQ?
I usually end up bringing chips or drinks. :anxious: But I'm all about burgers, hot dogs, steaks, etc.!

Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

Is your username inspired by a sports team or Sam the Eagle (muppet)?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Bananareader wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm Is your username inspired by a sports team or Sam the Eagle (muppet)?
I'm not really sure what originally gave me the idea. However, I had to google "Sam the Eagle (muppet)" moments ago to even fully understand the question, so I can say confidently that Sam wasn't the reason. \:D/

Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Bananareader wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm Is your username inspired by a sports team or Sam the Eagle (muppet)?
He answers the question of the origin of his username on page 2 of this topic.
American Eagle wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 pm
Irwin Springer from Odyss wrote:How did you decide on your username? :-k
Long story. ;) Over a year ago, I created an account on Wikipedia with the name "America Needs Jesus". Several of the users didn't like such a religous username, so they asked me to change it. I wanted something with "America" in it, and "American Eagle" was the second thing which came to mind (I thought of "American Patriot", but I didn't go with that). Now I use American Eagle almost everywhere. It turned out to be one of the most influencial decisions of my life. \:D/
Does that ring a bell, @American Eagle?

What is your opinion on onions?
If you could time travel to any time, which era would you choose, and why?
What’s your favorite topic on the ToO?
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

^ Thanks for pulling that from the archives! I'm still a little unsure why American Eagle "came to mind," though. I'm guessing it was a mixture of interest in the clothing brand and the bald eagle.

Onions are okay, but I prefer them thoroughly cooked and blended into food. If the onion is still crunchy or its flavor is overwhelming, it's too oniony.

I would travel to like 30 AD and visit the Middle East for a few years, just to confirm a few things and ask a few questions.

One topic that comes to mind is "Post a Picture of Yourself!" I'm not sure if people use it anymore, but I used to love when it got updated because I enjoyed seeing who people were in real life.

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Do you ever visit the irc.odyssey.chat chat room?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: