Ask the American Eagle!

Ask for wisdom, for peace, for honor. Or... just ask for craziness!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

If I came to the Meijer where you work, and didn't put my cart away, would you get mad at me?

\:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Have I officially marked myself as a stalker now? In referral to tonight's activities in this forum. :P

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joanne wrote:Would you be proud of me if I told you I put two carts away that were stray in the parking lot? It was at target not Myers, but I thought it would still count for something. :)
Aha, that makes me smile. ;) I am proud of you for your kindness towards Target.

However, I'm not proud of you for misspelling "Meijer". It's not "Myers". :x
Lee wrote:Did you enjoy your conversation with Joanne? :incnt:
Always. \:D/
Lee wrote:Also, how did you acquire such popularity on here? O:)
Popularity is in the eye of the beholder... or something like that. I don't see myself as being "popular" or anything. I've learned how to just be myself, and if people think of me as being popular, sweet! :P Also, I learned from the best posters ever; Top, JIA, Catspaw, and others.
Jesus' Princess wrote:If I came to the Meijer where you work, and didn't put my cart away, would you get mad at me?
No; you'd be like most of the customers that come into our store. ;)
The Kings Daughter wrote:Have I officially marked myself as a stalker now? In referral to tonight's activities in this forum. :P
Alas, it has been four days since you asked that question, and I can't remember what "tonight's activities in this forum" were...?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote: don't see myself as being "popular" or anything.
Translation: You're popular :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:
Joanne wrote:Would you be proud of me if I told you I put two carts away that were stray in the parking lot? It was at target not Myers, but I thought it would still count for something. :)
Aha, that makes me smile. ;) I am proud of you for your kindness towards Target.

However, I'm not proud of you for misspelling "Meijer". It's not "Myers". :x
I apologize for my actions. :(
Am I popular? \:D/
Last edited by Joanne on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

American Eagle wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Have I officially marked myself as a stalker now? In referral to tonight's activities in this forum. :P
Alas, it has been four days since you asked that question, and I can't remember what "tonight's activities in this forum" were...?
I was stalking Lee on the web and was able to locate her. :- But that's okay, after I posted the question I got a pm from Lee with a definite 'yes'. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

What's some of your favorite things to do? \:D/
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

So this isn't really a question as much as a statement. But I went to Meijer (note correct spelling) today and there were a bunch of cart people (I'm not sure what they are officially called), standing around TALKING! I am sure you never participate in such slacking.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joanne wrote:Am I popular? \:D/
Obviously, I am a poor gauge of popularity, but you do possess an aura of coolness. ;)
God's Daughter wrote:What's some of your favorite things to do? \:D/
Pretend to be a rich man, play volleyball and football with friends, work with little kiddos, watch sports and movies. \:D/
Joanne wrote:So this isn't really a question as much as a statement. But I went to Meijer (note correct spelling) today and there were a bunch of cart people (I'm not sure what they are officially called), standing around TALKING! I am sure you never participate in such slacking.
Those poor cart pushers have been working outside for hours, and when they pause for a moment to strategize how to best collect carts, you have the audacity to call them slackers? :noway: Occasionally I will stop for a moment to talk to a co-worker, but I never slack off.

The official term for my job is "Utility worker", because we do much more than collect carts.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:The official term for my job is "Utility worker", because we do much more than collect carts.
Ah that would be why I also saw them changing trash bags.

You take breaks? Well see if I ever come to your store! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

We spend like half our workday on break! :x

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That's what they do here, and it's pathetic :noway:

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Do you get paid to be on break?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Do you get paid to be on break?
We have breaks and lunches. Breaks are 15 minutes, and we get paid for those; lunches are 30 minutes+ and we don't get paid for that time. You only get a lunch if you work more than 5 hours.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

American Eagle wrote:
We have breaks and lunches. Breaks are 15 minutes, and we get paid for those; lunches are 30 minutes+ and we don't get paid for that time. You only get a lunch if you work more than 5 hours.
Yet you spend half your work day on break? ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
There is a slight possibility that I was kidding. ;)

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
There is a slight possibility that I was kidding. ;)
If AE uses the :x smiley, he is 99% of the time kidding.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

What do you think of Joanne? :-

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Lee wrote:What do you think of Joanne? :-
This is a trap question. :noway:

There's no right answer. If I say she's great, you'll chime some wedding bells. If I say she stinks, you'll call me an unfeeling beast. :(

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:lol: True, true. I cruelly torture anyone who's in a dating/courting relationship (or someone who might get into one... :- )

I need to grow up. :anxious: