Ask me a question

if you dare...

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Light Yagami wrote:got any siblings?
got any chocolate for SNC?
Yep, 11/2 to be specific

um....no?
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

why should I listen to Celtic women?
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

because most of their songs are clean, they truely have some of the best voices I've ever heard, and Irish music fits almost any mood.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

What am I eating?
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Can you belive it's not butter?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsi pop? (I asked KODY this once, I think, and he didn't know. So it's a tuffy!)

Why do washers make funny noises when they're on?

Do super soakers really super soak?

Where in the Bible does it say angels have wings?

Should I leave my window open?
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Irwin Springer wrote:What am I eating?
Food
Ben Linus wrote:Can you belive it's not butter?
Yes I can actually.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsi pop? (I asked KODY this once, I think, and he didn't know. So it's a tuffy!)
Well, that depends on what kind of lick your talking about, there's a standared lick, a 360 lick, a suck lick, and than there's a dual action lick, so it isn't really a set number of licks.
Clothes, like most dogs and small children, do not enjoy taking baths, so the washer makes funny noises to keep them entertained

Baths entertained how super a soaking are we talking about because I’d say it gives more than a small super soak, and less than a huge super soak. I think over all I would put the super soaker’s super soaking in the semi-super soak category.

Well, I'm not sure it does, it says that Satan was a Cherub before he turned against God, and I would have said that I did not think the Cherubs actually had wings, but I was reading today, and noticed that in Exodus 25:18-20 it says the God instructed Moses to make the Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant with wings. Therefor I would have to say that Cherubs probably do have wings.
However, I do not think that all angels have wings. I base this on the fact that whenever it speaks plainly of an angel or the angel of God, (such as Lot's incounter with the two "men" or Abrahams visitors who told him he was to have son in his old age, or when Mary was told that she would have a son.) there were no referances to wings.
Anyway, I don't believe anges have wings of flesh and feathers, they are by nature spiritual beings, they don't need physical power of lift to overcome the physical power of gravity, they don't have problems with time, space, and matter. Therefore, I do not think that even if angels have actual wings, that they need them to get around.

I would advise against it, a gargoyle might fly through it.
AMDG

Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Oriana wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:Can you belive it's not butter?
Yes I can actually.

Well, that depends on what kind of lick your talking about, there's a standared lick, a 360 lick, a suck lick, and than there's a dual action lick, so it isn't really a set number of licks.

Clothes, like most dogs and small children, do not enjoy taking baths, so the washer makes funny noises to keep them entertained

Baths entertained how super a soaking are we talking about because I’d say it gives more than a small super soak, and less than a huge super soak. I think over all I would put the super soaker’s super soaking in the semi-super soak category.

Well, I'm not sure it does, it says that Satan was a Cherub before he turned against God, and I would have said that I did not think the Cherubs actually had wings, but I was reading today, and noticed that in Exodus 25:18-20 it says the God instructed Moses to make the Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant with wings. Therefor I would have to say that Cherubs probably do have wings.
However, I do not think that all angels have wings. I base this on the fact that whenever it speaks plainly of an angel or the angel of God, (such as Lot's incounter with the two "men" or Abrahams visitors who told him he was to have son in his old age, or when Mary was told that she would have a son.) there were no referances to wings.
Anyway, I don't believe anges have wings of flesh and feathers, they are by nature spiritual beings, they don't need physical power of lift to overcome the physical power of gravity, they don't have problems with time, space, and matter. Therefore, I do not think that even if angels have actual wings, that they need them to get around.

I would advise against it, a gargoyle might fly through it.
Oh.

What if it IS butter?

Should I have the lime yogurt for lunch, or the french vanilla?

If I go to Six Flags, will I really see a dancing 100 year old somthing-almost-bald guy?
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

How long did the angel-wing research take you? That was an excellent dissertation! :thud: =D>

What is your favorite foreign flag and why?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Ben Linus wrote:Oh.

What if it IS butter?

The Devil fly off, I'll sue.

Should I have the lime yogurt for lunch, or the french vanilla?
Yogurt? :noway: You should have a burgar and Susy Q's, but if ya got to pick one or the other then have lime.

If I go to Six Flags, will I really see a dancing 100 year old somthing-almost-bald guy?
I think that you should pray that you don't.
KODY 105 wrote:How long did the angel-wing research take you? That was an excellent dissertation! :thud: =D>
Well, it didn't take me that long to do a little checking to make sure I had my facts strait. The angel-wing question has been an interest of mine for a while, and I've done research in the past. So to answer your question, to come to that conclusion I've probably done a few hours of research. I've got a great program, PC Bibal Study, that helps with cross referencing, and it also has a Strong's dictionary so it's easy to check that Greek for the meaning in context. Also a lot of it can be figured out with common sense and consideration of the spiritual nature of Angels.

What is your favorite foreign flag and why?
Hmm, not something I've thought a lot about, but I guess I'd have to say it's probably the African flag. I like it's colors and it's got an interestion design.
AMDG

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

What genres of book do you like best?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate scifi bks?

Fantasy bks?

Historical fiction bks?
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Invisible Ninja wrote:What genres of book do you like best?
hmm...I guess Fantasy is my number one, and I like mysteries, I think Allegories(sp) are awesome but I'm not sure what genre they would be in, and I'm actually reading a Historical ficiton novel right now, I like Historical ficion pretty well.
On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate scifi bks?
Well I haven' read that many Scifi books but the ones I have read have been pretty good so I'd have to say 71/2
Fantasy bks?
Well there have been some Fantasy books I have thought were STINKROTATIOUSbut I think that was just because the author isn't one of the ones I want to read. So I give Fantasy a 93/4
Historical fiction bks?

I'd give those an 8
AMDG

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Hmm...fantasy, fantasy.. :-k *files through mental library* Sorry, not as fast as a search engine here... :-

You read anything by Scott Westerfeld, James Patterson, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, G. A. Henty?
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Invisible Ninja wrote:Hmm...fantasy, fantasy.. :-k *files through mental library* Sorry, not as fast as a search engine here... :-

You read anything by Scott Westerfeld, James Patterson, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, G. A. Henty?
I've read the most of the Cooper Series by Frank Perettie, and I can't recall if this presenct darkness was by Dekker or Perettie, I know I've heard of G. A. Henty and James Patterson, and I think I've heard of Scott Westerfeld, but I'm not sure if I've read any of there books.
AMDG

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:Hmm...fantasy, fantasy.. :-k *files through mental library* Sorry, not as fast as a search engine here... :-

I've read the most of the Cooper Series by Frank Perettie, and I can't recall if this presenct darkness was by Dekker or Perettie, I know I've heard of G. A. Henty and James Patterson, and I think I've heard of Scott Westerfeld, but I'm not sure if I've read any of there books.
Twas by Peretti. :yes:

You should totally read books by any of them. \:D/ And if you happen to just LUV historical fiction (or even if not, I guess) then Google has some by Henty for FREE. \:D/

What time period(s) you likes?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

What question will I ask you? :-k
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:

You should totally read books by any of them. \:D/ And if you happen to just LUV historical fiction (or even if not, I guess) then Google has some by Henty for FREE. \:D/

Middle Ages for sure, and then there's the Civil War period, and the early days of America. Those would probably be my most favorite (and the most written about to.)
AMDG

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:

Middle Ages for sure, and then there's the Civil War period, and the early days of America. Those would probably be my most favorite (and the most written about to.)
Awesomeness. Which aspect of medieval you like best? Warfare, general culture, etc.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:

Awesomeness. Which aspect of medieval you like best? Warfare, general culture, etc.
I think warfare would probably the most interesting to me. The weaponry of the age was almost completely for hand to hand combat, and I've found the evolution of arms and armor of the age.
AMDG

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:

I think warfare would probably the most interesting to me. The weaponry of the age was almost completely for hand to hand combat, and I've found the evolution of arms and armor of the age.
Sweetness, most peoples think I'm nuts when I say something like "I like medieval because there were no guns, just archers." :yes:

You should totally read Saint George for England by Henty. :yes: You have reading time, much?
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Pirate Oriana wrote:

Sweetness, most peoples think I'm nuts when I say something like "I like medieval because there were no guns, just archers." :yes:

You should totally read Saint George for England by Henty. :yes: You have reading time, much?
I have quite a bit of reading time, since I'm prety much an only child I don't have little kids to look after and I don't usually have a whole lot to do around the house so I have a lot of time to read.
AMDG