Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer

Now with less audio and more text

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Ask a Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer

Post by StupendousMan »

Since everyone is making "ask me" topics I thought I'd go slightly different and do a text version of the radio show I used to do. You can ask any question here about anything, and I will give you a great answer that most likely won't be made up to much. :)
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

would catspaw still support Canada if she moved to america?

Whats the worst question someone has ever asked you?

do you like the color pink?
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

would catspaw still support Canada if she moved to america?

Yes! She would renounce her Canadian ways and fully be assimilated into America.

Whats the worst question someone has ever asked you?

It was something about pigs, and poop, and water buffalo, but I can't get into the specifics :D

do you like the color pink?

As long as it's not on one of those "real men wear pink" shirts
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Where did "Stupendous Man" originate? (Meaning the idea, not the fictional history)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What is the fictional history of Stupendous Man?

What is the color of your favorite shirt?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Where did "Stupendous Man" originate? (Meaning the idea, not the fictional history)

I would have to say the idea originated in the early B.C with the Greeks. Whenever someone did something "cool" or "hip" in Greek culture, they had no words to put to it. One day someone yelled out, "That's Stupendous!", and so came the phrase Stupendous Man.

What is the fictional history of Stupendous Man?

The original Stupendous Man is a character of Calvin from the amazing comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. When he retired I got in touch with Calvin and after multiple contracts and huge amounts of red tape he expressed consent for me to carry on the fine title.

What is the color of your favorite shirt?

I would have to go with light or dark green, since green is without a doubt the best kind of color out there. Also it's good if it has a picture on it, cause one plain color, even one of greens caliber is kinda boring by itself.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Why was 8 afraid of 7?
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Why was 8 afraid of 7?

I would assume because of that situation a few years back when 7 held 8.1, 8's wife, hostage. Fortunately 2 was able to swoop in and divide and conquer, leaving 7 only 3.5 of what he used to be, therefore reducing the future threat to 8.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

What happens when an English class of 9th grade boys write those around-the-room stories where someone writes a few sentences and passes the paper to the next person, and they add a few sentences and pass it, and so on?

What is the purpose of belly button lint?

Where is Carmen Sandiego?

Do you believe in Melissa the Mermaid?

Why is there a lion on top of my shelf?

Why does my little brother never stop talking?!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

What happens when an English class of 9th grade boys write those around-the-room stories where someone writes a few sentences and passes the paper to the next person, and they add a few sentences and pass it, and so on?

Freshman in Highschool? Nothing good can come of it.

What is the purpose of belly button lint?

It acts as a heat trapper to keep your belly button warm, unless you have an "outie" in which case I apologize for your cold lower stomach.

Where is Carmen Sandiego?

I could tell you, but wouldn't that spoil the surprise?

Do you believe in Melissa the Mermaid?

No, but I do believe in Chowder the Clam.

Why is there a lion on top of my shelf?

It's quite possible he has become stuck, or has a fear of heights, or possibly is ill, you should go check quickly!

Why does my little brother never stop talking?!

It is the sole reason for his existence, I'm sorry but I don't make the rules, just tell them :)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

You got official permission from the cartoonist of Calvin and Hobbes to use the name "Stupendous Man"? That is really neat!

Do you read any other comics? Do you like Dilbert?

What color is your car?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

StupendousMan wrote:would catspaw still support Canada if she moved to america?

Yes! She would renounce her Canadian ways and fully be assimilated into America.
*glares* Never! :x Blasphemy has been spoken. I am saddened that you think so little of me. :(
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Catspaw wrote:

*glares* Never! :x Blasphemy has been spoken. I am saddened that you think so little of me. :(
Don't try to disregard the crazy assimilation powers of the US of A, you will join the collective!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

StupendousMan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Don't try to disregard the crazy assimilation powers of the US of A, you will join the collective!
Then I will avoid that melting pot like the plague. ;) You make it sound like a freaky cult. :shock:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:
StupendousMan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Then I will avoid that melting pot like the plague. ;) You make it sound like a freaky cult. :shock:
"I always thought Catspaw was a double agent." —Nigel
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Catspaw wrote:
StupendousMan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

I was going more for the Star Trek reference :)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Do you like Star Trek?

Oh, you forgot to answer my previous queries.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Do you read any other comics? Do you like Dilbert?

I read quite a few other comics, a few webcomics, Dilbert, Garfield, and Peanuts.

What color is your car?

No one really knows, some say green, some say brown, some say dark gold. I'm kinda more inclined to go with forest green camo.

Do you like Star Trek?

Not really, although it does have the guy from Reading Rainbow in it which I have to give some credit for.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What was your favorite TV show growing up?

What is the fifth letter of your city's largest newspaper?

Do you like to cook?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

StupendousMan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
StupendousMan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

I was going more for the Star Trek reference :)
Alas, my lack of knowledge in this area made me oblivious to the reference. :( That does sound less threatening now. ;)