I'm Jugglah, so throw a question at me!

And I'll see if I can throw an answer back

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

I'm Jugglah, so throw a question at me!

Post by Jugglah »

Ask me anything at all, and I shall endeavor to offer an intelligible response.

My topics of expertise include, but are not limited to, bizarre presidential disabilities, typo(e)s in history, and famous marriages that lasted less than 24 hours.

The above statements may or may not be true - I suppose you'll have to ask to find out.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What's your favourite part about juggling, and what's one famous marriage that has lasted less than 24 hours? \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

My favorite thing about juggling is either showing it to other people, or landing a really hard trick for the first time.

I love showing people my talent, because it makes them happy, too. I mean, I think it's impossible to be unhappy when you're watching somebody juggle. And I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I get the hang of a trick that I've been working on for what seems like forever. That's really exhilarating. So, I don't know, it's a tie.

And noted marauder Attila the Hun reportedly died of nosebleed on his wedding night. Kind of a bummer. Well, you asked! Heehee.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

If I were to visit you, do you think you could ever make a juggler out of me? :-k
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What object is the most fun to juggle?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

At what age did you learn to juggle?
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

JesusIsAlive wrote:If I were to visit you, do you think you could ever make a juggler out of me? :-k
Absolutely! I've taught quite a few people how to juggle, and I always love showing people how to do it correctly. I was taught how to juggle by the head of my juggling club - he's an awesome teacher. And I tell people what he told me. And I've seen your amazing basketball dribbling skills, JIA, so I know for sure that you've got the coordination for it! \:D/
KODY 105 wrote:What object is the most fun to juggle?
Apples and oranges in the grocery store! Flaming torches! Just kidding. I haven't done any of those things. (I considered trying fire juggling in September, but another guy caught his pants on fire, and I was like, "Umm, never mind."

I like balls the best. However, that's probably because I can do a lot of stuff with them. I bet if I were better at clubs, I would think they were the most fun. But I do love balls. I find it easier to make up new tricks with them.
Shadowfax wrote:At what age did you learn to juggle?
I was 13 when I learned, although I only started taking it really seriously when I was 17 (last year).
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I once heard that people who juggle are good at reading maps. :-s So are you good at reading maps? \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Dr. Watson wrote:I once heard that people who juggle are good at reading maps. :-s So are you good at reading maps? \:D/
That's very interesting. I've never heard that before. Actually, yes. Although, I'm very directionally-challenged when I'm actually driving, I'm very good at reading and understanding maps. When I was younger, I used to be fascinated by this huge world atlas we had (it was really old - it still had the USSR on it. :D ) But I would study that thing for hours. I've always thought maps were cool.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

What is 8*9?

Oh, and how many fingers should I have holding up?
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:What is 8*9?

Oh, and how many fingers should I have holding up?
To answer your first question: 89! \:D/ (Math was never my strong suit).

And to answer your second question: 3 and a peanut butter chocolate candy bar. :D
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Did you google the Attilla the Hun fact, or did you actually know that off the top of your head? \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Jugglah wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:I once heard that people who juggle are good at reading maps. :-s So are you good at reading maps? \:D/
That's very interesting. I've never heard that before. Actually, yes. Although, I'm very directionally-challenged when I'm actually driving, I'm very good at reading and understanding maps. When I was younger, I used to be fascinated by this huge world atlas we had (it was really old - it still had the USSR on it. :D ) But I would study that thing for hours. I've always thought maps were cool.
Wow, we really are twins, aren't we, I used to do the exact same thing when I was little and am also pretty good with maps except I'm directionally challenged when driving, and I too have never heard that about jugglers before, but I guess it's true.

What's the shortest marrage ever?

p.s.-I might buy juggling torches with birthday money if my parents let me. \:D/ (not to steal your show or anything :anxious: For the record every one else, she's a far better juggler than me.)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Lexie wrote:Did you google the Attilla the Hun fact, or did you actually know that off the top of your head? \:D/
I got it from mental_floss Magazine. Their slogan is, "Where Knowledge Junkies Get Their Fix". I find it both enlightening and entertaining.
King Butter Turtle wrote:Wow, we really are twins, aren't we, I used to do the exact same thing when I was little and am also pretty good with maps except I'm directionally challenged when driving, and I too have never heard that about jugglers before, but I guess it's true.

What's the shortest marrage ever?

p.s.-I might buy juggling torches with birthday money if my parents let me. \:D/ (not to steal your show or anything. :anxious: For the record every one else, she's a far better juggler than me.)
Haha! That's so funny, KBT! Well, you know, I've heard everyone has a double somewhere.

I don't know the answer to your question, so I'll do like every savvy politician does, and change the topic to something I want to talk about. :D How about typos in history for $100? Heehee.

The so-called "Wicked Bible," published in 1631, reads, "Thou shalt commit adultery." The printers forgot that all-important "not." They were executed.

Awful, and yet sort of funny. (That's also from mental_floss.)

Good luck with the torches, KBT! You'll probably have an easier time that I would, because, considering the fact that you're a guy, your hair is probably quite a bit shorter than that of most girls. I'm a little worried that my hair, being past my shoulders, would catch on fire a little too easily. :anxious:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Jugglah wrote:Good luck with the torches, KBT! You'll probably have an easier time that I would, because, considering the fact that you're a guy, your hair is probably quite a bit shorter than that of most girls. I'm a little worried that my hair, being past my shoulders, would catch on fire a little too easily. :anxious:
You didn't know I'm a Jess Harnell look alike? No, I'm totally kdding, I would have to be really bad to catch my hair on fire. That's a really funny story, sounds like an interesting and possibly worth subscribing to magazine.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Do you know any ToOers in meatspace?

I know only one: happysmiler!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

KODY 105 wrote:Do you know any ToOers in meatspace?

I suppose I shouldn't be the one asking question here, but what is meatspace? If it has anything to do with meatloaf, then I wasn't involved, and we never had this conversation. *uses jedi mind trick*
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Jugglah wrote:

I suppose I shouldn't be the one asking question here, but what is meatspace? If it has anything to do with meatloaf, then I wasn't involved, and we never had this conversation. *uses jedi mind trick*
Wait: aren't we supposed to ask you the questions- not the other way around?

Meatspace is real life, face-to-face, audible communications. Does that meet your criteria for a definition?
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

KODY 105 wrote:
Jugglah wrote:

Wait: aren't we supposed to ask you the questions- not the other way around?

Meatspace is real life, face-to-face, audible communications. Does that meet your criteria for a definition?
Sure, that makes sense, even if it does have a rather unappealing name. The answer is no, I have not. But I think it would be really cool if I did. I really wish I could have gone to the Liberty thing, but hey, there will be more chances.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What is your favorite color?

Is your current avatar a picture of you? If not, how long did it take to find and crop it?