Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day 2017

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I will also argue no, but for a different reason:
God gave us Earth to live and grow on, He made Earth to have the perfect conditions for life. If He wanted us to live on other planets, too, He would have made them with perfect conditions for life as well. We should not have to create super advanced technology so that we can survive there. Also, there are many, many things that could go wrong with said technology, and I simply don't believe it's worth the risk of people's lives. I will admit it is cool how we have improved our science and technology knowledge enough to travel around Earth, land on the moon, etc. But I don't think people should actually live on other planets.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- 08 Mar 2017 09:52 am --
Isaiah the Ox wrote:The Scripture tells us heaven is above our sky, so there is no reason to think space exists.

Among other verses acknowledge that the celestial bodies exist.

Parakeet wrote:God gave us Earth to live and grow on ... If He wanted us to live on other planets ... We should not have to create super advanced technology so that we can survive there.
It takes advanced technology to create medicine and perform surgeries. Were we wrong to make these advancements? Yes, God gave us everything we need in the immediate, so that we could adequately develop for as long as we needed to (look how long it has taken us to even begin thinking about whether we should move on to other planets, and even if we end up deciding yes right now we're still far from actually doing it), but He also gave us the intellectual ability to advance beyond just what is immediately obvious to be useful for us. If we are able to use our God given abilities to achieve these great feats surely it is a testament to the incredible ingenuity God gave us, not somehow an affront to it.

-- 11 Mar 2017 08:54 am --

Okay, no takers on that one apparently.

The third debate: Is Dungeons and Dragons evil?

I will be arguing no. Whoever wants to argue yes, begin!
Then anyone who wants to jump in on either side can.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Yes, Dungeons and Dragons is evil. It promotes witchcraft, makes inroads to seances, and promotes a humanistic worldview that man become God by mastering others and mastering the elements! Its very countenance radiates evil!

It is a game about witchcraft and wizardy, for crying out loud!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- 11 Mar 2017 11:38 am --

It has magic and spells; that doesn't necessarily involve witchcraft as such. I am not familiar enough with the game to know offhand what the basis of the powers are.

-- 15 Mar 2017 09:08 am --

Another dud apparently. It started out so well. :(

The fourth debate: Does pineapple belong on pizza?

I will be arguing no. Whoever wants to argue yes, begin!
Then anyone who wants to jump in on either side can.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Yes it does! although some people (like me) may not like it or think it sounds too gross to try it (also me), it is on the menu, and some people like to eat it this way. If someone decided to add, say, strawberries to pizza, it would be the same deal. However, pineapple actually tastes good on pizza to some people, while strawberries would taste disgusting as a pizza topping no matter who tried it.

Also, haven't you heard of the 517th Amendment to the Constitution? It clearly states that there is freedom of taste buds. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. If it tastes good, eat it!**
**Okay, fine, I just made that up. But they should make an Amendment involving freedom of taste buds already!**
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The questions wasn't whether it is tolerable on pizza to some portion of people. There is probably at least one person who would find anything acceptable on their pizza. The question was does it belong on pizza.

Pizza is a collection of meats and vegetables in a sauce on a crust. Nowhere in that description does fruit logically fit, and indeed no other fruit does fit in practice, pineapple is the sole example. As such it is highly likely that it is merely a fluke individual exception, and it is one that is not supported universally at that, and therefore does not inherently belong there whether some people can stomach it or not.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Pineapple on pizza is what's wrong with the world. Look at history people. Do we need another Gros Michel extinction before we turn from our evil ways?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Could you all do me a quick favor? thank you. Google "what is pizza". the first thing that comes up (at least this is what was pulled up first on my computer) should say:

"a dish of Italian origin consisting of a flat, round base of dough baked with a topping of tomato sauce and cheese, typically with added meat or vegetables."

Please note that it said typically, which means usually. May I point out that usually and only are two different things. Just because it usually has meat or vegetables doesn't mean it can only have meat or vegetables. It can also have no toppings whatsoever. Pizza can even have Flamin' Hot Crunchy Cheetos as a topping. Don't believe me? Google it.

In conclusion, although pizzas usually have only meat or vegetables as toppings, other toppings are allowed as well. And that is why pineapple belongs on pizza.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Parakeet wrote:"a dish of Italian origin consisting of a flat, round base of dough baked with a topping of tomato sauce and cheese, typically with added meat or vegetables."

Please note that it said typically, which means usually.
That doesn't diminish my argument at all, in fact it strengthens it. Using that definition, since you insist, yes note that the meats and vegetables are qualified by the word typically. Note also that the tomato sauce is not. That is, whatever toppings you may or may not include, they always go on tomato sauce. Which is exactly the point I was making. Sweet fruit and tomato sauce don't belong together.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

bookworm wrote: Sweet fruit and tomato sauce don't belong together.
When a pineapple is cooked in an oven like that, doesn't it lose most of its sweet taste though? :-k
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If it does does that make it right?
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Seeing as taste, food, and life is nearly entirely subjective, this debate is pointless. However, I like pineapple pizza. I didn't think it'd be good until I had it. :0 Pineapple actually goes well with the tomato sauce, I don't know why you would think they dont belong. A tomato is a fruit, after all.
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

I would argue that pineapple does belong on pizza because of the financial ramifications of having another topping to make money off of. I personally like pineapple, and am willing to pay for it to have it on my pizza. There's many people who have given the hard-working pizza workers another 50 cents to have that delicious pineapple on their steaming pizza, thus causing these hard working pizza citizens to have a raise in their wages.

No I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm ready to senselessly argue in defense of that sweet pineapple! 8-)
Yo
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Mariogeek wrote:I would argue that pineapple does belong on pizza because of the financial ramifications of having another topping to make money off of. I personally like pineapple, and am willing to pay for it to have it on my pizza. There's many people who have given the hard-working pizza workers another 50 cents to have that delicious pineapple on their steaming pizza, thus causing these hard working pizza citizens to have a raise in their wages.

No I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm ready to senselessly argue in defense of that sweet pineapple! 8-)
What he said... :p hahaha!

But seriously, my argument was going to be something along the lines of that :lol:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Seeing as taste, food, and life is nearly entirely subjective, this debate is pointless.
That is precisely why we aren't debating whether it 'tastes okay' but whether it inherently belongs.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Pineapple actually goes well with the tomato sauce, I don't know why you would think they dont belong. A tomato is a fruit, after all.
I'm fairly certain this argument isn't serious. You're saying that simply because both are fruit they go together? You clearly must slather tomato sauce all over your watermelon then, yes?
Mariogeek wrote:I would argue that pineapple does belong on pizza because of the financial ramifications of having another topping to make money off of.
I get where you're trying to go there, but I don't think it's relevant to the debate at hand. If a portion of people will pay for the thing then yes having it is a business factor, but that doesn't in itself mean the thing actually belongs there. Look at the reverse example: Lactose intolerant people don't order cheese on their pizza, but no one denies cheese belongs on pizza. It's not dependent on people ordering it or not.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

bookworm wrote: Lactose intolerant people don't order cheese on their pizza, but no one denies cheese belongs on pizza. It's not dependent on people ordering it or not.
I don't think lactose intolerant people eat pizza at all... That would be kind of gross to just have pizza dough with tomato sauce and perhaps a couple toppings on it.

Plus, people should be free to eat pineapple on their pizza without others judging them. even if it doesn't technically belong on pizza, they are still allowed to eat it.
For example, look at numbers 1,3,5, and 6 here: http://www.hostelbookers.com/blog/trave ... re-pizzas/
Who says you can't eat a baked bean pizza? Why don't you toss on some blackberries while you're at it? And if you're feeling adventurous, try a cicada or crocodile pizza! And you're questioning pineapples!?
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

*watches from a distance and applauds how fantastically ridiculous the argument is* You guys are very entertaining. =D> =D> =D>
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Kathy0 wrote:You guys are very entertaining. =D> =D> =D>
Why thank you very much! :bow:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn't say someone can't put pineapple on their pizza if they want to, I'm only arguing that it doesn't belong there 'philosophical​ly' I'm not judging them if they choose to do it. No one would claim chocolate sauce belongs on pizza, but if someone wants to put it there they can, people are free to eat what they want.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

*pops forward* I dont think it belongs there as much a cheese or pepperoni but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D *pops back*