The ToO Turns Eleven!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
The ToO Turns Eleven!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the ToO has officially turned eleven! \:D/ Woohoo!

It has been eleven years since Shadowpaw started this amazing board! Every year it gets more unbelievable that the ToO has been around for so many years. It's been a joy and a privilege to have been part of this fantastic and ever-changing community for that many years.

The Town Council has planned a specific board to celebrate this year's anniversary in, so please dive right in and share your thoughts and memories, whether you've been around for eleven years, eleven months, or eleven days! \:D/ I love how different things stand out to different people and we get to relive fond memories through others.

The statistics below prove that there are a lot of dedicated ToOers who love to post, even if we're not quite as busy as we were that first year! \:D/

Number of posts: 1029809
Posts per day: 256.30
Number of topics: 29683
Topics per day: 7.39
Number of users: 1362
Users per day: 0.34

Thanks to Dan for providing his traditional special anniversary surprise! I made a point not to look until the post was submitted so that it would be a complete surprise for me too! Click here to see the thread that contains all the images of the construction process. Don't let the smileys down after all their hard work - go take a look!

Dan says that the prediction that snubs made in the aforementioned thread was correct and this is indeed a home for the Town Council! Enjoy your new place, guys!

If you would like to read past anniversary threads, they are all archived in City Hall. You won't be able to post in them, but feel free to peruse past celebrations! Click the following links if you're interested: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Aww, what a cute little house \:D/ So swanky, too. What sort of ameneties does it come with?

And 11 years!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Happy birthday ToO! :birthday: :blow: :party:

It's hard to believe I've been around for 8 of those 11 year. Kinda makes me feel old.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

:birthday:

And if nobody realized, the + shape of the building is representative of 11, with one 1 turned sideways. :-
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I would say it's amazing the site has been around this long (over a decade!) but really, it's not. This community is very special, it does not surprise me at all that we still want to be part of it. Individuals come and go, but as long as the site is online a general group will be here to populate it. So thank you to Shadowpaw for providing hosting accommodations for this long!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Happy Birthday, ToO!

It's not until recently that I have begun to really enjoy this place. I haven't done much on here.. Just posting every now and then. I'm on the chat more often than the board. But I like reading the posts on here. I like seeing the tight-knit relationship y'all have. It's this massive happy, insane, loveable, fascinating, caring, creative, hilarious, loving family. It's.. nice. =)

I hope this board is still here for many more years.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm glad to still be around for yet another ToO anniversary! I have gotten to know so many people throughout the years. At times, this board has been my only friend, so I'm grateful to have found this little community.

And I have to say, it warms my heart *sniff* that Dan would do the Council such an honor as to giving us our own building. I mean, I know we've been the best thing that's ever happened to the ToO, but still. *sheds tear* I am humbled.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

An old friend of mine asked out of the blue how the town was doing and I said "Funny enough, today is the 11th Birthday!"

So Happy Belated Birthday, everyone!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

:lol: That's awesome, Shadowpaw. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shadowpaw wrote:An old friend of mine asked out of the blue how the town was doing and I said "Funny enough, today is the 11th Birthday!"

So Happy Belated Birthday, everyone!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
That friend better not be Gabriel Dragsack. :shame: Your friend definitely had impeccable timing! :D
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Catspaw wrote:That friend better not be Gabriel Dragsack. :shame: Your friend definitely had impeccable timing! :D
I wasn't talking to myself, Catspaw. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Catspaw wrote:That friend better not be Gabriel Dragsack. :shame: Your friend definitely had impeccable timing! :D
I wasn't talking to myself, Catspaw. ;)
I wouldn't put it past you. ;)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Happy Belated Birthday, ToO! :)

OOOoooooo! A fancy new abode! I fan! \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wow, time flies... if the ToO was a person it'd be old enough to get married in Kentucky now. :(
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Well hey. Eleven is impressive. Happy birthday, ToO. ^_^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Happy Birthday ToO! \:D/

You existed 10 years without me, and 1 year with me. Congrats. :mrgreen: