Special election-related announcement

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Special election-related announcement

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

As you may have noticed, we have a Town of Odyssey first this election season - we did not have a single team qualify to run in the election. :( This unfortunate turn of events has an extra-shiny silver lining, however. In an unprecedented and unexpected turn of events, there will be a blast from the past joining me for this term. It is a person whom many of you may be at least somewhat familiar with, and for those who don't know this individual yet, you will get that glorious opportunity in the near future. This may possibly be one of the best terms ever, if not actually the number one best term of all time ever in the history of the internet.

Yes, by now those of you who know me even a little bit have narrowed the options down to either Harrison Ford :inlove: or...
Shadowpaw.
Yes, it does sound too good to be true. I know. But sometimes, dreams do come true! :inlove:

Please offer a warm re-welcome to the latest member of our admin team!

And now for the boring stuff: Since the election would have been this weekend, current admins and mods will be removed Sunday evening, around the same time that they would have been if there had been an election. Since we cannot be online all the time, there will be moderators appointed for the upcoming term, so pay attention for that announcement in the near future! ("Near" being defined as not before Sunday evening, unless my new partner in crime deems otherwise.) ;)
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

I wonder if this is too good to be true... :-k Partner in crime... :-k
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Sometimes things that are too good to be true usually are.

But not this time.

Thank you Catspaw. I look forward to meeting everyone! It's been over 7 years since I last held an administration position around these parts, so I'm sure there's many new faces!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Welcome back! Even though I don't know you....
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Welcome back! Even though I don't know you....
That makes two of us.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Shadowpaw wrote:Sometimes things that are too good to be true usually are.

But not this time.

Thank you Catspaw. I look forward to meeting everyone! It's been over 7 years since I last held an administration position around these parts, so I'm sure there's many new faces!

EXTORTION. :x
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Kait wrote:EXTORTION. :x
Technically speaking, it's entitlement. I own this place. I want to make it awesome again.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Kait wrote:EXTORTION. :x
Technically speaking, it's entitlement. I own this place. I want to make it awesome again.
Oh so you're one of those Obama lovers. :noway:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

NO. WAY. This better not be a story arc. Because if it is, I will kill you both and take over the forum :x

But seriously, this is epic. \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Now we just need me on this team. :yes: In all seriousness, the summer of Paws has a nice ring to it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Woody wrote:NO. WAY. This better not be a story arc. Because if it is, I will kill you both and take over the forum :x

But seriously, this is epic. \:D/
We can only have someone take over the Town of Odyssey so many times! 8-)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I would've voted for this, and I haven't voted in an election in probably five years. Good to have you back Shadowpaw.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Is it too late to vote for Harrison Ford? :(
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'm curious, since this wasn't really a planned thing... do you have a platform of events, or will it be an empty term?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Woody wrote:I'm curious, since this wasn't really a planned thing... do you have a platform of events, or will it be an empty term?
I have nothing to announce at the moment. I'll spend the next week re-familiarizing myself with the town and seeing where things are working and where things need to be changed. In the last 24 hours I can already tell this place is much quieter than it used to be and I'm going to see what I can do to breathe some new life into the place.

That may result in changes, both popular and unpopular. But this place was created 9 years ago and the internet is a different place than it was back then. I don't want to make any knee jerk reactions, and will work with user feedback in mind, but by the conclusion of this term, I intend to leave the board in better shape than I've found it. Which isn't to say it's in bad shape by any stretch, but it's due for a renovation of sorts.

With that in mind, I encourage and request any and all feedback about what people would like to see changed around here and I'll start thinking about ways I can make this place lively again!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

This was worth logging in for.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Woody wrote:I'm curious, since this wasn't really a planned thing... do you have a platform of events, or will it be an empty term?
I have nothing to announce at the moment. I'll spend the next week re-familiarizing myself with the town and seeing where things are working and where things need to be changed. In the last 24 hours I can already tell this place is much quieter than it used to be and I'm going to see what I can do to breathe some new life into the place.

That may result in changes, both popular and unpopular. But this place was created 9 years ago and the internet is a different place than it was back then. I don't want to make any knee jerk reactions, and will work with user feedback in mind, but by the conclusion of this term, I intend to leave the board in better shape than I've found it. Which isn't to say it's in bad shape by any stretch, but it's due for a renovation of sorts.

With that in mind, I encourage and request any and all feedback about what people would like to see changed around here and I'll start thinking about ways I can make this place lively again!
Oooh, sounds exciting. One more question:

So, since you and Catspaw are going to be Mayor and Chief of Police, does that mean that I get to take Catspaw's place for this term? \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

While I should be all for this, I have obligatory reservations as it is in my character to point out that this is not what we were told an empty Term would consist of.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Oh well now that this is a true thing *digs underground* *hides in secret base* *pops out* Am I the permanet admin???
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:While I should be all for this, I have obligatory reservations as it is in my character to point out that this is not what we were told an empty Term would consist of.
Out of curiosity, what were you told an empty term would consist of?