The Town of Odyssey Turns Nine!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
The Town of Odyssey Turns Nine!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the ToO has offically turned nine! \:D/

It's hard to believe that it has been so long since Shadowpaw started this amazing board! Every year it gets more unbelievable that the ToO has been around for so many years. We're only one year short of a decade - that's almost as long as some of our members have been alive. :shock: Join me in celebrating nine wonderful years of amazing ToOness! They have all been filled with awesomeness. :yes:

The statistics below prove that there are a lot of dedicated ToOers who love to post! \:D/ This year we hit a million posts! :mad:

Number of posts: 1000757
Posts per day: 304.47
Number of topics:28828
Topics per day: 8.77
Number of users: 1279
Users per day: 0.39

Thanks to Dan for providing his traditional special anniversary surprise! Click here to see the thread that contains all the images of the construction process. Don't let the smileys down after all their hard work - go take a look!

I'm including Dan's description in the spoiler tag below. Try to figure it out for yourself first! \:D/
Because the ToO is getting so old, some of our members are getting old, so I decided to build a retirement home for old ToOers. \:D/
I laughed...because it was true. ;) Sign me up and move me in!

If you would like to read past anniversary threads, they are all archived in City Hall. You won't be able to post in them, but feel free to peruse past celebrations! Click the following links if you're interested: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Happy Birthday, ToO. \:D/

And haha, Dan. =p Top needs to move in there RIGHT NOW.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The time has come to end the Town of Odyssey and evole into something new and fresh. I present you the new way to enjoy Odyssey content on a more free site that offers you the most fun The Town Hall

The Town Hall has it all, Odyssey, Cats, and human jukeboxes, which are midgets dressed as Kanye West that sing whatever you want when you put a quarter in its ear.

One Rule. No Catspaw. She is bad for the internet as a whole. This forum will be free and for the people by the people to do what they want. Unless it involves Catspaw. Then its bad and the people are wrong. So no posting Catspaw stuff on it. I mean it. No coup either please.

The Town Hall for brighter and funnier future.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Happy birthday, ToO! ^_^
Bmuntz wrote:One Rule. No Catspaw. She is bad for the internet as a whole. This forum will be free and for the people by the people to do what they want. Unless it involves Catspaw. Then its bad and the people are wrong. So no posting Catspaw stuff on it. I mean it. No coup either please.
Hey, Bmuntz is back! ;) The last time disagre...er, spoke, was almost exactly two years ago. \:D/
Her adminship is nothing but kind and loyal. :noway:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay, nine years \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Happy birthday, ToO! ^_^
Bmuntz wrote:One Rule. No Catspaw. She is bad for the internet as a whole. This forum will be free and for the people by the people to do what they want. Unless it involves Catspaw. Then its bad and the people are wrong. So no posting Catspaw stuff on it. I mean it. No coup either please.
Hey, Bmuntz is back! ;) The last time disagre...er, spoke, was almost exactly two years ago. \:D/
Her adminship is nothing but kind and loyal. :noway:
I don't remember you but I will take your word for it.

As for Catspaw, you have been brainwashed beyond your limit and need urgent help. join us at the Town Hall to learn the better life. We have two members now!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

At first it does seem amazing that we’ve lasted this long, but really it’s not. It’s because of the amazing people we have here! :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I came in here to celebrate the ToO's ninth birthday, but now I'm convinced that Catspaw is a horrible and deceitful person and I plan on joining up with Bmuntz over at the Town Hall. Who asked for a "town of odyssey" forum anyways? :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:Who asked for a "town of odyssey" forum anyways? :noway:
Several people, actually.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Jelly wrote:I came in here to celebrate the ToO's ninth birthday, but now I'm convinced that Catspaw is a horrible and deceitful person and I plan on joining up with Bmuntz over at the Town Hall. Who asked for a "town of odyssey" forum anyways? :noway:
Welcome to your new life. You will not regret this choice. You will be made a mod and get to choose the name of a new sub-forum.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Happy 9th Birthday, ToO! :blow:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jelly wrote:I came in here to celebrate the ToO's ninth birthday, but now I'm convinced that Catspaw is a horrible and deceitful person and I plan on joining up with Bmuntz over at the Town Hall. Who asked for a "town of odyssey" forum anyways? :noway:
You two deserve each other. :noway: Lies! All lies! Mostly lies, at the very least! :x

Bookworm is right that the great people on the ToO are what has brought us to nine years of existence! Yay! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

congrats. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Well drats. I was wrong about the cake. Still really cool Dan. And yay for 9 years \:D/
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

*moves into Room 103* *grabs room key* :D ;) *relaxes on couch* Ahhhh....
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Wait Agent. Thou are too young.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I concur with everyone else's comments, the building looks great, Dan!
Agent 86 wrote:*moves into Room 103* *grabs room key* :D ;) *relaxes on couch* Ahhhh....
Blitz wrote:Wait Agent. Thou are too young.
Yeah, I think we're too young. :( But they have a room for visiting kids, right? \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

No way! 9 years!? Wow! Good job, everyone!
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
Shtakji
Gold Member

Post by Shtakji »

Happy (slightly belated) ninth birthday, ToO! ^_^
And those construction images you made were seriously awesome, Dan.
Ice~breathing dragon from the southlands.
Proud member of the #saneislame movement.