Odyssey Impersonation Contest Results

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Odyssey Impersonation Contest Results

Post by Taq »

Hey there, ToO citizens! I don't know about you, but I had no idea Harlow, Connie, Katrina, Jimmy, and Sherman we among us. I invite you to gaze upon the creative Odyssey Impersonation Contest exhibits. Enjoy!

ENTRY 1: Irwin

Exhibit A:
Irwin's finger nail file! Blured so you don't have to see his ugly nails. :(

Exhibit B:
The two season passes to Water World! To bad they're invalid. :(

Exhibit C:
It's a case of lost faith! If only I could find my bible. :(

ENTRY 2: Laura Ingalls

Exhibit A: A plate of cookies!
Just like Connie has her own business, Cookies by Connie, I also sell cookies through my business, Sarah's Sweets! Who can resist a plate of warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies?!

Exhibit B: Playtime with kids!
As Connie has said of herself, many of my friends are either a lot younger or older than me. One of my favorite things to do is to play and talk with my little friends. \:D/

Exhibit C: Close acquaintances with sparse mustaches...
Both my and Connie's attempts at kindly offering to fill in missing hair with eyeliner were strongly rejected. :(

ENTRY 3: Trent DeWhite

Exhibit A: "She was in Room 204." During my cousin's wedding this summer, I shared the same hotel room number as Katrina Shanks. Thankfully, no caftan wearing, wedding interruptions, or security hacking transpired in the process.

Exhibit B: Playing Basketball. Jimmy and I both share a passion for participating in athletic activities.

Exhibit C: Partly Cloudy or Partly Sunny. Visits to the Newseum in Washington, D.C. can bring out the newscaster in anyone. Click the image to watch this amateur reporter pull a Sherman.

So we all knew the the winner of the contest would receive a copy of AIO Live! What you may not have known was that this copy of AIO Live would be autographed by VIPs in the AIO world! So, which entrant prevailed and won this highly sought after tangible prize?

Laura Ingalls! Creativity abounded in all three exhibits, but top-notch resemblance was the factor that set her entry apart. Exhibit A not only drew a great comparison with Connie in business ownership, it showed off Laura's culinary talent and had my mouth watering. Exhibit B was another strong one. The picture showed the heart and playfulness that Connie brings to Whit's End. Those little ones are certainly blessed to have Laura as a friend. Some of us may have seen that particular picture of Dr. Watson in Exhibit C before, but I laughed out loud when I read Laura's caption. Excellent trio of exhibits, Laura!

The other two contestants were no slackers, though. All three of Trent DeWhite's exhibits oozed with originality, and he covered three different characters! Remembering Room 204 while on a summer trip? Impressive. The impromptu basketball shot with the khakis in the hoop? Quite fun + demonstrative of Jimmy's care-free attitude. The video was a bonus. Irwin took on Harlow. He pulled out some fun trivia from Harlow episodes and demonstrated them creatively.
Thank you, Irwin, Laura, and Trent for entering! Lizzie and I had a lot of fun making our own sample entries, and we really enjoyed what you all came up with. \:D/
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Haha, mine took me five minutes, just in case no one else entered, because I couldn't think of much :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Great job, everyone! Congrats to Laura! :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Apparently, I didn't say, "We are winners! We are winners!" enough. :(

Congratulations, Laura, for your fantastic exhibits! :D I particularly enjoyed Exhibit C. :lol:

Hey Irwin, if you find yourself with an extra valid pass to Water World, would you mind sending it my way? \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay - thanks so much everyone! \:D/ I am so excited about my prize...I actually received it in the mail earlier this week! Yay for having a signed copy! :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Apparently, I didn't say, "We are winners! We are winners!" enough. :(
Sorry, I tend to cheat at Bible Bowls. :(
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Congratulations to all the entrants! You all did a great job! :thumbsup:

So who all signed your prize, Laura? :-k Or is that classified information?

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Let me see...

Dave Arnold
Nathan Hoobler
Jonathan Crowe
Christopher Diehl
Carol Rusk
Rudy Haerr

Pretty much awesomeness. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Wow! That is awesomeness! \:D/ I wish I wasn't so busy at that time, then I would have that prize! :yes:

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura, great job! :D I love your pictures, especially the third one! :lol: You certainly got a great prize for your hard work and creativity. :yes: Irwin, fun pictures. The finger nail file was definitely creative. :D Trent, you clearly keep track of the details of AIO! I had to laugh at the Jimmy picture (as I'm sure you knew!) and that video was amusing as well. Good times all around!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Congratulations to everyone! Those entries were all awesome.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Congratulations! I love all of the entries!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I forgot to do mine, rats. :( I was going to have a giant bubble-gum bubble on a scanner. Too bad I never thought of any others. :P

Congrats Laura! \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

You did a great job Laura!
Merry Christmas!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Nice job, Laura. I've often thought of myself as Connie: fun, good with kids, slightly ditzy, and eternally young.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

All three entries were awesome! Great job everybody and congratulations, Laura! :blow:

But, Trent, are those long pants or shorts? :wink:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Congrats, Laura! :)

And I chuckled at Trent's video. ;)