Verse of the Day

A place to discuss Scripture, spiritual life, and day-to-day issues.
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Verse of the Day

Post by Bren »

When we moved to Discord for a while last year we had a verse of the day that I really enjoyed, and I thought it'd be nice to do it here since even the simple verses have nuggets of wisdom. We will see how active we can keep this.

Psalm 86:5
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KnittingFun14
I got this...
Post by KnittingFun14 »

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"16. All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17. so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work."
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
EugeneMeltsner
I don’t know what I’m doing!
Post by EugeneMeltsner »

Psalm 20:7 NIV
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Post by Bren »

Todays verse is very fitting.

John 13:34-35 KJV
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Who will you show love to today?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
ByeByeBrownie
Why am I even here?

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Post by Bren »

1 John 3:11
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Post by Bren »

Feb 18th
Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Feb 19th
1 John 4:11-12
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Feb 20th
Proverbs 17:9

He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Post by Bren »

Danadelfos wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:55 am Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
That's so fitting for todays world.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Psalm 89:52
Blessed be the Lord forever!
Amen and Amen.
I was finishing Psalm 89 this morning and for some reason I really appreciated how Book 3 of the Psalms ends with this verse.
ByeByeBrownie
Why am I even here?

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

"To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice."
Proverbs 21:3
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
radgeek
Catspaw knows all

Post by radgeek »

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - Revised Standard Version
<11> For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. <12> Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. <13> You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart,
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

A few of my favorite verses, plus I'm reading through Hebrews occasionally and hit this section of verses this morning.

Hebrews 4:14-16
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
I also loved the word picture from later in Hebrews 6:19.
We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
radgeek
Catspaw knows all

Post by radgeek »

Acts 4:10 - Revised Standard Version
<10> be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
~ Galatians 3:1-6

Return to “Bible Room”