My Interview with Alan Young aka Jack Allen

This Friday @ 4pm Eastern!!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Post by Fan Of AIO »

Good job Joe on the interview. It was enjoyable to listen to. Although I wish that more of AIO was talked about, I realize that you can only cover so much content in an hour long interview. I found an internet website that features Old Time Radio and found a program that Alan Young had done years ago. It wasn't one of his "Alan Young Show" programs. It was a comedy theatre. It was very interesting to listen to. I think he was co-starring with Ann Baxter. Thanks for doing the interview, Joe and God bless! Oh, by-the-way, happy wedding anniversary to you and your wife!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

JoeCookRadio wrote:Yeah, but I think that's because he's referring to his past work on it... not the show itself. After the interview, he actually thanked me for bringing up his work on AIO and said that he was proud of it and the show.

Joe
Ah, well that is good to hear. :) At first, I thought maybe he was conveying a disinterest in the show, but I'm glad that does not seem to be the case. :D
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Awesome interview... and also good Mr. T/Todd McFarlene story! \:D/

Not only did he create Spawn, but he was the original artist that drew Venom! \:D/
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

The Top Crusader wrote:Awesome interview... and also good Mr. T/Todd McFarlene story! \:D/

Not only did he create Spawn, but he was the original artist that drew Venom! \:D/
Thanks. Yeah, I had forgotten about that, but now that you mention it, I do remember that he did Venom. He also did Superman at one point. I got two things signed by him.... had to have tickets to get his signature (they were free, but limited) even after you payed to get in the convention. I had two so I got Spawn #1 signed & a superman comic that had his artwork signed. Still have them around somewhere! \:D/
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
Saturday & Sunday @ 8am!!!
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Okay, I finally took the time to listen to the entire interview, and I'm so glad that I did! I enjoyed it a lot - thanks so much, Joe Cook! \:D/ It would have been nice to hear a bit more about AIO, but he has had such a long and interesting career that I can see why it didn't get more time! I loved the Marilyn Monroe story!
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

Catspaw wrote:Okay, I finally took the time to listen to the entire interview, and I'm so glad that I did! I enjoyed it a lot - thanks so much, Joe Cook! \:D/ It would have been nice to hear a bit more about AIO, but he has had such a long and interesting career that I can see why it didn't get more time! I loved the Marilyn Monroe story!
Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, his career has been pretty incredible. That's why, even though I knew there wasn't a lot of AIO covered, I thought it would still be really interesting for everyone to hear the man behind Jack Allen talk about his incredible career & life. And I cannot stress enough how nice of a man Alan Young is. We talked a while after the interview and he's the real deal.

I am really excited today because they just decided to link my website to Alan's Official Website!

Here is his main page:

http://www.mister-ed.tv

And here is the page that my website is linked on:

http://www.mister-ed.tv/linkspage.htm

Take care,
Joe
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
Saturday & Sunday @ 8am!!!
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA