My Interview with Alan Young aka Jack Allen

This Friday @ 4pm Eastern!!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

My Interview with Alan Young aka Jack Allen

Post by JoeCookRadio »

Hi,

My name is Joe Cook. I host a radio show in Philadelphia called "The Joe Cook Program". THIS FRIDAY at 4pm Eastern, my guest will be Alan Young. Odyssey fans would know him best as the voice behind the character Jack Allen. Well, Alan's had an amazing career, starting in show business at the age of 13. He worked in the golden age of radio, in the beginning of television and made a number of movies, such as the classic sci-fi drama "The Time Machine". However, he is best known for his role as Wilbur Post on the TV series "Mister Ed". Along with providing the voice for Jack Allen, he was the voice behind Disney's Scrooge McDuck and a number of other cartoon characters. You can listen to my show live THIS FRIDAY at 4pm Eastern at my website:

www.joecookprogram.com

The show will then be archived on the site for on-demand listening. This is a great chance for you to hear about the man behind the character straight from his lips. He has a new book out called "There's No Business Like Show Business...Was".

Enjoy!

Joe

"The Joe Cook Program"
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
Saturday & Sunday @ 8am!!!
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I would but our cpus isnt wrkn ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I'll listen! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Awesome! I'm glad the stuff is archived because I'll be at work when its on! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! I definitely want to hear that! I'll be at work when it airs, but I'll try to listen later! :D
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

That's great! I hope you can all get a chance to listen to it! I'm really excited about this show because Alan is a really great guy. Very down to earth and friendly, not to mention a great actor! I grew up on reruns of Mr. Ed, Ducktales, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and Time Machine was one of my favorite movies. Plus, you know how great he was on Odyssey! It's going to be a great show!
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
Sifo-Dyas
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Sifo-Dyas »

Would you ask him if he is in any upcoming episodes? We have not heard from his character since December 2004.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Are you NUTS???? This SILLY interview takes place DANGEROUSLY close to MY wedding! I hope that everyone will choose to attend my wedding rather than waste thier time listening to an interview with a fictional character.
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

Elizabeth Swan wrote:Are you NUTS???? This SILLY interview takes place DANGEROUSLY close to MY wedding! I hope that everyone will choose to attend my wedding rather than waste thier time listening to an interview with a fictional character.
The interview will be archived on the website for listening at anytime....but for the record, it is not a silly interview with a fictional character. I am interviewing Alan Young, not Jack Allen.... and Alan is a very talented actor, as well as good and decent man. He's had an amazing career that I think will be of interest to many on this message board. He is also very proud of his involvement with Adventures In Odyssey.

Take care,
Joe

Ps; Congratulations on your wedding. My wife and I just celebrated our first anniversary.
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Uhm just ignore Ms. Swan..they are role palying and no one is really getting married. I can't wait to hear the interview though

Ms. Swan and Mr. Turner, woudl you PLEASE Stop spammng the board with your posts about the wedding and whatever else is going on. Keep it in Hillingdale. THank you.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Perhaps they would enjoy their honeymoon in prison? :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Is this interview going to be available for download at any point? Unfortunately, I'm going to be at work during the interview and will be unable to tune it. Alternatively, perhaps someone could record it for me?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Did you actually read through this thread?
JoeCookRadio wrote:The show will...be archived on the site for on-demand listening.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dave wrote:Did you actually read through this thread?
JoeCookRadio wrote:The show will...be archived on the site for on-demand listening.
I obviously missed it...

Yay! \:D/

:anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Woah....Trent actually missed something???? ;)

I'll be sure to hear it later- I -unfortunatly- will be gone when it airs... ](*,)
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

Hey everyone!!!

Just wanted to let you know that the entire show is now posted online so you can check it out whenever you want!!! I'd love to know what you think!

www.joecookprogram.com

Also, while there is not a lot of Odyssey talk during the interview, Alan thanked me off air for mentioning AIO and told me that he was very proud to have been involved with the show. Thought you'd all appreciate that.

Enjoy!
Joe
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Great! Looking forward to it. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Fascinating interview! I had no idea there were still things about Alan Young's career that I didn't know.

One thing that confused me: when the topic of AIO came up, Alan said that he hasn't been on it for a while because they "changed the format" of the show. Anyone know what kind of changes he was talking about?
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Applesauce wrote:One thing that confused me: when the topic of AIO came up, Alan said that he hasn't been on it for a while because they "changed the format" of the show. Anyone know what kind of changes he was talking about?
Yeah, that was rather interesting. He didn't expound much on his work doing AIO, and I also noticed that he referred to AIO in the past tense. :-k
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
JoeCookRadio
Lurker

Post by JoeCookRadio »

Yeah, but I think that's because he's referring to his past work on it... not the show itself. After the interview, he actually thanked me for bringing up his work on AIO and said that he was proud of it and the show.

Joe
"The Joe Cook Program"
www.joecookprogram.com
WNJC 1360 AM
Philadelphia, PA