The New Job Salary System

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

The New Job Salary System

Post by Trent DeWhite »

A Need For Balanced Payrates

I recently noticed a problem with the current salary structure, in which people who paid more for their degrees were actually earning less than those who paid less for their degrees. Well, I believe the time has come for the injustice and imblance to end! It is time to bring back balance to the force! :anxious: For the past couple weeks, I have hinted at a new salary system that would pay ToO users better and more reasonably. It's somewhat challenging finding balanced job payrates that are fair for everyone, which is why it has taken this long to find a proper payscale. I'll be the first to admit that this system we will be implementing from this point forward is far from perfect. That being said, hopefully it will provide some incentive for users to purchase more degrees. I do hope you'll accept it and learn to see the benefits from purchasing multiple degrees. \:D/

If any of you have visited the Master Job List recently, you may have noticed a discrepancy amongst the "really high level jobs." They are fantastic jobs, and I personally thank Jonathan and Evil Chick for adding them to the job list. However, what was forgotten was the fact that not all degrees cost the same. Note that the highest paying job (Odyssey TV Producer) of $750 requires two degrees which collectively cost $15,500. On the other hand, the lower paying job (Red Scorpian Leader) of $600 requires two degrees which collectively cost $25,000. Upon seeing this, I realized we needed to quickly implement a new payrate system that would be slightly more fair. ;)

The ToO Job Salary System

All custom jobs require a High School Equivalence, which gives HSE owners a base salary of $100. From there, every degree you purchase will add 2.5% of the degree price to your salary. Thus, if you purchased a business degree, you would receive 2.5% of the $20,000 cost-- $500. If, however, you purchased agent training, you would receive $250, which equals 2.5% of the $10,000 cost. The following chart highlights the degree type, cost, and subsequent job salary.

$20,000 - Business Degree = $500
$15,000 - Biological Science Degree = $375
$14,000 - Music Degree = $350
$12,000 - Nursing Degree = $300
$11,000 - Biblical Ministry Degree = $275
$10,000 - Agent Training = $250
$9,000 - Education Degree = $225
$8,000 - Computer Science Degree = $200
$7,500 - Fine Arts Degree = $190
$7,000 - Culinary Arts Degree = $175
$6,000 - English Degree = $150
$5,000 - High School Equivalence = $100
ALL DEGREES = $3200

(Example: If you currently own a high school equivalence, english degree, and business degree, your salary would be $750)

Addendum

Please note that this system applies only to all future jobs henceforth. It will not be retroactive, and therefore, will not affect any of the jobs created to date. For some who already have jobs, this new system will decrease their pay slightly, while for others it wil increase their pay. If you would like me to update your salary to conform to this new system, please send me a PM. Ideally, I'd like to update the payrates of the really high level jobs to a more reasonable salary... but unless I receive confirmation from those who currently possess those jobs, I will not be changing their salaries. However, I have updated the really really high level job (Rennaissance Man). Once you have purchased all nine degrees, your salary will be promoted to $3000. :D

Finally...

I hope you all will appreciate this attempt at improving the old and adding some new! If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to leave a message (after the tone). As always, feel free to make your job and promotion requests here. And be on the lookout for more exciting things to be unveiled in the near future! :)

The best is yet to come!
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Very nicely put, Trent dear. :highfive:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Very nice system! =D> Thanks for figuring everything out. \:D/ I really, really like it. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i have a question if i have lets say a HSE and a Computer Science Degree and say lets just throw a random salary number like 325 every 3 days with the new system would i get a raise or lose money? :-
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

MDB17 wrote:i have a question if i have lets say a HSE and a Computer Science Degree and say lets just throw a random salary number like 325 every 3 days with the new system would i get a raise or lose money? :-
With a HSE and Computer Science Degree, you would be earning $300 under the new system. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
MDB17 wrote:i have a question if i have lets say a HSE and a Computer Science Degree and say lets just throw a random salary number like 325 every 3 days with the new system would i get a raise or lose money? :-
With a HSE and Computer Science Degree, you would be earning $300 under the new system. :)
okay thanks
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's a very organized and logical system - thanks, Trent! (And Frank, too). :yes:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I have enough money to buy all the degrees I don't have and still have a comfortable amount of money. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Out of all the actions taken thus far by the administration, I like this one the best. \:D/ Way to go, Trank!
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

yay trank is finally living up too their office GOOD JOB MAN!
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I appreciate it, Dr. Watson. :)
ichthuz wrote:yay trank is finally living up too their office GOOD JOB MAN!
I don't if I should take that as an insult or a compliment... ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
ichthuz wrote:yay trank is finally living up too their office GOOD JOB MAN!
I don't if I should take that as an insult or a compliment... ;)
Thanks for your support, ichthuz! :hug:
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Would this system affect the positional jobs, like Pastor, Mayor, CoP........?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

blipadouzi wrote:Would this system affect the positional jobs, like Pastor, Mayor, CoP........?
It would affect all future jobs, including any speciality jobs. If you're asking whether this system will affect your current job, the answer is no. You don't even have a HSE yet, so this system won't really affect you until you get at least that. :)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

This sounds reasonable. I'm just glad my current job isn't affected. :anxious:
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:Would this system affect the positional jobs, like Pastor, Mayor, CoP........?
It would affect all future jobs, including any speciality jobs. If you're asking whether this system will affect your current job, the answer is no. You don't even have a HSE yet, so this system won't really affect you until you get at least that. :)
Well I wasn't thinking of myself in particular, just that angle of Jobs...however, I am working towards a HSE.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I recently noticed a problem with the current salary structure, in which people who paid more for their degrees were actually earning less than those who paid less for their degrees. Well, I believe the time has come for the injustice and imblance to end! It is time to bring back balance to the force! :anxious:
Just be careful whose help you enlist to bring back balance...don't trust Anakin Skywalker! :noway:

--Kris Doyle

P.S. I think the new system is a great idea. Will you serve Jedi bacon with the new salaries?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Even though it doesn't currently affect me, thanks, Trank! Fair is good!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

blipadouzi wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Well I wasn't thinking of myself in particular, just that angle of Jobs...however, I am working towards a HSE.
You have $5000 in your wallet. GO buy an HSE and put the rest in the bank.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

THANKS TRENT!!!