The ToO Prayer Group!

Where two or three are gathered in His name...

Share your prayer requests here.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

The ToO Prayer Group!

Post by Trent DeWhite »

ToO Prayer Sessions

"It is our deepest wish that all the citizens of the ToO get to know one another and we believe that prayer for one another is one of the very best ways to do so. Prayer meetings have not only the benefits of live, personal chatting, but also the overwhelming peace that comes from knowing that God makes his presence known when believers come to Him in prayer." As offered in the Trank platform, we will be holding prayer sessions on Saturday evenings from 8:00-8:30 ET. blipadouzi, the First Church pastor, has graciously agreed to moderate these prayer gatherings once every two weeks. Our first prayer session will be on June 10th, followed by our second gathering on June 24th. I will be posting the link to the chatroom on Friday evening. We hope to see you there. :)

"Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

Entering the Room

Click here to enter the ToO Prayer Room. Please use your ToO username so we know you belong in the room. The password is odyssey. Note that the prayer room will remain open until a couple hours after the prayer session ends, after which the prayer room will be closed. It will be re-opened next Friday. :)
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, what a nice idea! It's good to see another aspect of the Trank campaign platform being unveiled! :yes: I have to work this Saturday evening, so I will not be there for this one, but I'm sure that it will be good!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I concur - that is an awesome idea! :D
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I will be unavailable that evening, but I think this is a terrific idea and I look forward to joining future prayer sessions! :)
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i think that this is a great idea and im not sure if i can make it this saturday but im sure i will be able to soon.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I hope I can be here for the prayer meeting. :pray: I think praying together is a great thing. Even though I've only prayed over chat or IM once, I really liked it when I did! \:D/
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I hope I'll be able to make it this week! I'm not too sure about the time after that, though, since that's the day I'm meeting a bunch of very cool people! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

So people will type their prayers out? I'd rather have an online voice chat and pray than having to type - but that's just the way I am I suppose.

But may I suggest one thing? How about installing ToO's very own conference system that supports Audio/Video/Type chat? (kind of like Skype except more people can join and it's browser based)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Samwise wrote:So people will type their prayers out? I'd rather have an online voice chat and pray than having to type - but that's just the way I am I suppose.
blipadouzi will be responsible for how the prayer session will be run. :)
Samwise wrote:But may I suggest one thing? How about installing ToO's very own conference system that supports Audio/Video/Type chat? (kind of like Skype except more people can join and it's browser based)
If you provided the research necessary, I'm sure we could consider it. Whether or not it'll actually function with the phpbb board we currently have is a completely different matter. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

What a neat idea! :) I might be able to "go" to the prayer meeting if I can figure out what time it is. :D
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Instructions for entering the room have been posted. :)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Frank is also very excited about this upcoming prayer meeting. (And hopes that she can make it. :wink:)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Kris Doyle wrote:I hope I can be here for the prayer meeting. :pray: I think praying together is a great thing. Even though I've only prayed over chat or IM once, I really liked it when I did! \:D/
Yeah, me too. Did I say I liked it better than real-life praying? *Can't remember*

It's too bad it's at a time/'place' that I won't be able to make it to. :-( Good idea, though, Trank-- even if you did steal it from me and Top. ;-)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Rachael wrote:
Kris Doyle wrote:I hope I can be here for the prayer meeting. :pray: I think praying together is a great thing. Even though I've only prayed over chat or IM once, I really liked it when I did! \:D/
Yeah, me too. Did I say I liked it better than real-life praying? *Can't remember*

It's too bad it's at a time/'place' that I won't be able to make it to. :-( Good idea, though, Trank-- even if you did steal it from me and Top. ;-)
*wasn't aware of having this idea with Rachael* :anxious:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

*kills Top for not paying attention to her the three times she mentioned having online prayer*

;-)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

IMPORTANT NOTICE

An emergency has arisen and I cannot make it tonight...please go ahead with the prayer meeting and I will join you again next time.

God bless, I have to go.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Hi everyone,

I am back and everything is alright...now.

Someone accidentally tripped the alarms where I work and forgot their "false alarm" code number. So when the alarm company called, the police were dispatched.

Anyway, everything is fine now.

I hope tonight's meeting went well.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

We didn't have a prayer session two weeks ago, but blipadouzi will be holding one this coming Saturday. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Might I casually suggest we attempt one on a weeknight at some point? I'm rarely home on Saturday evenings, and I assume other Odyssey socialites have the same dilemma. O:)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I have no objections...but I would not be able to attend a weekday prayer meeting.

However, it is ultimately Trent and the other Admins decision.