What did I do to deserve this?

tiredness, hurting, crying

Share your prayer requests here.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

What did I do to deserve this?

Post by Mountain_Girl »

1. my grandma died

2. my grandpa had two strokes and a heart attack and a 4 way bypass. The heart attack happened the day AFTER my grandma died. he wasn't doing too good for a while. he still isn't.

3. we found out that my dad has a very weak heart.

4. my grandpa is in the hospital going crazy.

6. my aunt has Alzhiemers disease and is getting worse

5. ( and the worst for me, kinda) All my friends have left me. It was usually my house that all the teens and such would gather at. Now it is my next door nieghbor. No one comes over anymore. I'm not invited to anything over there. I'm like a outcast. I found out that two of my friends dropped out of school, one of which said she won't be going to college and she used to be my best friend. Two others ( brothers, one of which used to be my b/f, but now is with my used to be best friend who dropped out of school and isn't going to college) are still in school and have no idea what grade they are in, one is 18. Another two ( brothers) won't even look at me and I have known them since I was 3 or 4. Another two ( sisters) moved and I haven't heard from one of them, who was my best friend, since last year on my birthday. before that I didn't hear from her for two years. Another friend was put in jail for getting caught stealing from a restraunt, found out he had been doing that for 2 weeks and all he stole was food also found out he has been running around with younger girls ages 13 and I forget the other's age. my friends out in Tx, they are too busy to call me. We only have two teens in my church, one of which you wouldn't call a friend of mine. The other is kinda a friend, but he is so immature it isn't funny, plus I feel that we are drifting apart.

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? All I have in my life is my family ( some) and myself. NO ONE ELSE! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ok sorry, I know that this is a prayer thing, but my post sounds like a ranting post. well it isn't. I'm just telling my troubles. If you wanna pray for me my family that is fine. if you wanna move this some place else fine.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

You didn't do anything to deserve this. So, don't put pressure on yourself. Other things happen to a lot of other people. Look for the positive things in your life. Y

our mom is healthy. Your dad is still alive, and with proper treatment, will probably live normally. Chances are that there are other kids at your high school then the people who left. You are healthy. You're not missing any parts of your body that many others are. You aren't starving, like kids in Africa and India and even some here in America. Y

ou aren't paralyzed, as a teenager who attends my church is [because he got shot in the head]. You have a normal train of thought, since you were able to vent on The ToO in normal words. You are still in school and have a plan for your life. You have access to the Internet, access that is wished by many people. You have a computer. You are blessed. Think about your blessings. There's always people that will be better off than you and there will always be people who have a life much worse than yourself. Just some things for you to think about..
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

You'll always have God (even if he seems very far away), and a ToOful of people ready to pray for you. :hug:
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

God brings you and all Christians through hard times so that our faith and trust in Him can be stronger still. Trust in God! :) Wait for Him, and don't try to work everything out yourself or move too fast - just trust in God and wait! I'll be praying for you. :hug:
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I will be praying, MG... >_<

Yes, friends can turn out to be unreliable. The only one whom you can rely on 100% is God...and He will bring you through. It's hard to trust in Him sometimes, but it's the only way.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Kenric wrote:You didn't do anything to deserve this. So, don't put pressure on yourself. Other things happen to a lot of other people. Look for the positive things in your life. Y

our mom is healthy. Your dad is still alive, and with proper treatment, will probably live normally. Chances are that there are other kids at your high school then the people who left. You are healthy. You're not missing any parts of your body that many others are. You aren't starving, like kids in Africa and India and even some here in America. Y

ou aren't paralyzed, as a teenager who attends my church is [because he got shot in the head]. You have a normal train of thought, since you were able to vent on The ToO in normal words. You are still in school and have a plan for your life. You have access to the Internet, access that is wished by many people. You have a computer. You are blessed. Think about your blessings. There's always people that will be better off than you and there will always be people who have a life much worse than yourself. Just some things for you to think about..
I never went to public school. most of my friends are homeschoolers. I know I'm blessed. But all I'm saying is why is this all happening NOW? all these things are happening THIS YEAR.

Update: they had to put my grandpa in a straight jacket. they found him on the floor.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Mountain...

I have one question...I am not saying this is going to happen, in fact it is far from it...

But if you were to lose absolutely all your friends...all your family either by death or by dispute, lose your house, your car (assuming you have one), your pets, computer, EVERYTHING....

The fact that you still have the Lord...isn't that in itself everything?

What are these fleating and momentary things in our lives compared to eternity?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are going through and are seeking for...but in the end, as long as you have Jesus...what have you lost?

Nothing, in my opinion. You are in my prayers.
Last edited by Blipadouzi on Wed May 31, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Mountain Girl wrote:All my friends have left me.
Story of my life...

I'll be praying for you. I'm reminded of the verse "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Praying for you now, MG. :pray:
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Hey MG:

First, I'm praying for you.

Second, I'm working on a sermon that I'll be doing this summer and think some parts of it may help you........especially since the title is "Going through life's storms without fear" (I came up with this and wrote most of it long before you post). The quotes I'm making are just the parts of the sermon that I think could help you out. You'll have to forgive some of my characters I use.......it's hard to explain, but they're there for my benefit when I do the sermon later.
When you follow Jesus, you always arrive at your destination.
Mark 5:1 When He had come to the other side. . .
Where is Jesus leading you? What’s his plan for your life?

Some would teach you that he’s going to make you rich — or that he’s wanting to make you totally healthy – or that being a Christian means you’re going to move up the ladder, because God will help you move up! Some of the evangelists on TV will try to tell you that it’s all about health, wealth, and prosperity!!!
Well, unfortunately, that’s not where Jesus wants to take you. Don’t misunderstand me…
- He HAS promised to meet your needs.
- If you follow Christian principles, you’ll usually climb the ladder where you work.
- If you work hard, and you’re careful with your money and you tithe 10% to God, you’ll usually wind up better off than when you started.
But what’s God’s ultimate point? It’s not to make you healthy, wealthy and prosperous. We find it in Rom. 8:29, God says he wants you "to be conformed to the image of his Son..." Wow! That’s God’s big point. He wants you to be like Jesus!
But in the process of making us like Jesus, sometimes God calls us to go through storms. . .
God has called some of you to go through:
* Losing your job.
* Health problems.
* Losing a loved one that was dear to you.
* Finding out your partner was unfaithful.
* Finding out your family member has cancer.
In all of those storms, just remember that Jesus always calms them when his purpose is complete.
Christian Music Artist, Scott Krippayne, sings a song "sometimes he calms the storm" That gets the message across that while God can, and sometimes does, calm the storms, there are other times that He chooses to calm us and let the storms go on.
***All who sail the sea of faith, find out before too long, how quickly
***blue skies can grow dark, and gentle winds blow strong. Suddenly
***fear is like white water pounding on the soul, still we carry on
***knowing that our Lord is in control
(((sometimes He calms the storm. With a whispered ‘peace be still’
(((he can settle any sea, but it doesn’t mean He will. Sometimes He
(((holds us close, and lets the wind and waves go wild. Sometimes
(((He calms the storm, and other times He calms His child.
When Jesus woke up, he didn’t say, "Oh, man! This IS a bad one! You guys were right to be afraid! You were right to think that I didn’t care!!"
Instead, he turned to them, and said, "Why are you fearful, you men of little faith?"
What’s he saying? He’s saying that the problem isn’t the storm they were going through. . . it’s that their faith wasn’t strong enough. They thought they were going under – when Jesus had led them into the boat to take them to the other side!!
Unfortunately, they didn’t believe that Jesus had their best interest in mind!! It’s important to note that Jesus didn’t calm the storm because of any danger. He knew when they got in the boat that the storm was comming and that they would get to their destination. He calmed the storm because at that time, it was the only way to calm His children.

In my mind I can see the following dialouge take place that isn't written in the Bible:

After some panic, the disciples decide it's time to wake Jesus up (who was sound asleep through the storm)

"Master, we’re all going to DIE!!!" Suddenly, Jesus wakes up saying "whoah….someone say ‘die’?"

"Master, just look at this storm…"
"yeah, it’s pretty bad alright………whydya wake me up?"
"What do you mean? Can’t you see the waves?"
"yeah, pretty big waves……whydya wake me up?"
"Can’t you see all this rain?"
"yeah, it’s definitely coming down pretty hard. Whyd’ya wake me up?"
"Uhm, master, no offense, but we’ve been on these seas since we were toddlers. We KNOW what happens when storms like this come up, and it’s NOT good."
"Well if you know so much, whydya wake me up?"
Finally, in desperation, the disciples ask "Don’t you care that we’re going to die?"
To which Jesus replies: "who told you that you’re going to die? What did I say when we started this trip?"
The disciples all shuffle their feet a bit and stammer "well, you said let’s get in the boat and go to the other side."
I can see the sadness in Jesus’ eyes as he asks, "if I said, ‘lets go to the other side, what makes you think we’re not going to get there?" Then with the words "peace, be still" the wind and waves instantly subsided. And he asks the disciples "why were you afraid? Don’t you have any faith?"

I wonder why the disciples waited until they were quite sure they were done for until they called Jesus? I don’t know the answer to that. . .
But I do know that no matter where you are in your storm, you can talk to Jesus about it
Anyway, hope that helped a little.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

poor girl
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:God brings you and all Christians through hard times so that our faith and trust in Him can be stronger still. Trust in God! :) Wait for Him, and don't try to work everything out yourself or move too fast - just trust in God and wait! I'll be praying for you. :hug:
I agree. :D
I think times like this takes a lot of prayer. :)
Right now, I too am going through some tough changes, and I pray about it a lot.
Because things like this are scary. :) I hope that everything will turn out all right for ou. :D
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Just prayed I hope everthing gets better
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I'm praying, MG. Trust in God. He'll see you through. And when all else fails, ASAP. (Always say a prayer.)

Haystack

P.S (Some extra advice you don't have to take.) If you're mad at somebody and don't want to blow up at them, go outside and kick the fence. It should help you feel better.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Guys, I'm not sure she wanted you to tell her how much better her life is than everyone else's. She wanted 'hugs', not to be preached at about how she should be thankful for all the stuff that isn't wrong with her. Yeah, that's good to do, but she didn't post here so she could jumped on about being ingrateful to God.

Most of you were pretty nice here, but I noticed like a post and a half that really annoyed me... especially because I've been going through rough times lately, too. It doesn't work for other people to tell you what you should be thankful for-- you have to think of them on your own.

Yours Never-to-Be-Humbled Truly,
-Rachael
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

update:grandpa is going to a home. A family friend gave me two graduation card she got in the mail from my friend who I haven't heard from since my 16th birthday. She is pretty. I got her mailing addy so I'll send her mine. Maybe I'll get friends at college, but my mom says that the people there are a little not my type.

I have friends, but they are elderly. I need friend my age. that is what I'm trying to say.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

good for you
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Mountain Girl wrote:update:grandpa is going to a home. A family friend gave me two graduation card she got in the mail from my friend who I haven't heard from since my 16th birthday. She is pretty. I got her mailing addy so I'll send her mine. Maybe I'll get friends at college, but my mom says that the people there are a little not my type.

I have friends, but they are elderly. I need friend my age. that is what I'm trying to say.
Don't be too quick to say that the people at the college 'aren't your type'. :-) College is a GREAT place to make friends. Are you going to be living on campus? If you just reach out a little, I bet you'll make plenty of friends!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!! I guess he decided to make this year a new life for me! HE GAVE MY FRIENDS BACK!!!!!!!!! My old friends are starting to let me hang out with them now!!!!!! * is not depressed anymore* I've hung out with them a few days ago. my ex b/f came over, he forgot my phone number ( how nice ;) ), and wanted to just talk, then before I knew it I was outside having fun with my old friends and some new ones. Last night I went to see the movie Cars with them. Then we went to the church so that the others could practice. That church used to be my old old church, we are going to our third one now ( we built ( not technically) the church we are at now, we separated off of my old church), that church has changed a lot. the church we are at now has only piano ( not the electric kind) and organ. This church, the one my friends go to, has electric guitars and pianos, drums and even bongos. heh sounds like a concert to me, I'm just used to piano and organ. Oh well, it was fun.

thanks for the prayers. keep praying for grandpa though. I don't know what you people will think of me, but pray that he goes. He is getting worse. Just pray the Lord will take him. Take him from this misery. Also pray that he will get to heaven. We don't know how he is with the Lord right now.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I'm so happy for you, MG! That's great news. :-)