Odyssey.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What state do you think Odyssey is in?

Poll ended at Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 am

Indiana.
33%
N. Carolina.
No votes
Illinois.
67%
Tennessee.
No votes
Texas.
No votes

Total votes: 3

tangeldweb
Not as new

Odyssey.

Post by tangeldweb »

Howdey, I was wondering what state other aio fans think Odyssey is in.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think it is in Ohio.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I always thought it was Ohio/Indiana/Illinois for some reason. :-k

It seems to have to be west of the Mississippi, because KYDS Radio starts with a K. . .
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I second the Ohio vote. Is it ok if we add that option?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Okay. I'm a little sick of these topics, honestly.

If you listen to "The Underground Railroad", take out a map, and follow where they go with it, the last place they go is Ohio...and they're trying to get to Canada, and they're there when the church burns down...and the church building is Whit's End.

If it's not Ohio, then the only other option is Michigan. Because that's the only other state from Ohio to get to Canada. It's definitely nowhere underneath Ohio.

The BC
tangeldweb
Not as new

Post by tangeldweb »

Bennet I like what you said I my self have listend to "The Under Ground Railroad" where ive tried to figure out the postion of Odyssey and I would agrey but, in "Tom For Mayor" Glosman says that he is staying at the Odyssey hotel on highway 224. The only highway 224 is in Indaina.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

tangeldweb wrote:Bennet I like what you said I my self have listend to "The Under Ground Railroad" where ive tried to figure out the postion of Odyssey and I would agrey but, in "Tom For Mayor" Glosman says that he is staying at the Odyssey hotel on highway 224. The only highway 224 is in Indaina.
Well...if that's your reasoning...

Obviously the writers make up places and numbers in the show. They're not actually going to look up real places in Ohio, since the town of Odyssey is fictional...

The BC
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

They originally intended for Odyssey to be in Ohio. They may not list a state now but I don't think they've chosen another state as a replacement. :anxious:

They want people "everywhere" to identify with it (US/Canada at least) so they dropped the state references and the country out of the title although we can still tell that it is in the Midwestern United States. Since it's fictitious, they don't strictly adhere to the details (like highways) in any state.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Living in Indiana myself, I certainly wouldn't mind thinking that Odyssey is in my state. :thumbsup: But I know it isn't.

The fact is, episodes are definitely going to contradict themselves. Because there is no longer a particular state for AIO, it could sound like Odyssey is in Ohio one week, and Texas the next. The writers don't stay consistent, but then, they're not trying to. The way I see it, Odyssey is part of USA's "fifty-first" state, wherever that may be. We can guess which one of the fifty states it's in, but no matter what the conclusion, there will always be flaws.

That being said........Odyssey's in Indiana! \:D/
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Probably Indiana or Ohio, because of the Underground Railroad and Johnny Appleseed stuff. And the close(but not TOO close)ness to Chicago.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

I dont think the writers even know where Odyssey is at...they can still make the show with out saying...why bother?
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Ohio, but it doesn't really matter.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Laurie wrote:I think it is in Ohio.
Yeah. I think you're right. At least that is where I thought it was.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

For some reason, impossible as it may be, I always imagine Odyssey being in Colorado.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Can't we just say it's a fictional place and get on with our lives? :D Maybe? :bouncy:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

I agree...is it essential to know where odyssey is to follow it

Odyssey is in Ohio...listen to the third episode of family portraits and at the end Dr Dobson asks the host where odyssey is...he says Ohio

EDIT Please refrain from double posting. Hit the edit button ifyou want to add somthing else. THanks. :) - JF/Eeyore
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:Can't we just say it's a fictional place and get on with our lives? :D Maybe? :bouncy:
It's fun to talk about it! Plus, we earn money while we debate! \:D/
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I think Odyssey is like the Garden of Eden... it exists, but we're not meant to find it, so we never will-- even if we walk right over it. ;)

That was random... and yet so deep. ;)
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

* It's in your imagination. :-# *

But you didn't hear that from me! :pysche:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Everyone says its in Ohio, but is family portraits Odyssey?? I think it might be in Illinois because they're always going to Chicago to get on flights. So if they lived in Ohio, why would they drive all the way to Chicago just to get on a plane. Why not an airport in ohio??