Greet Dave

Your chance to give your personal greetings to David Griffin!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Greet Dave

Post by Evil Chick »

Since I had talked about doing this in the interview thread, darcy said I should go ahead and make this thread! :D Remember, no questions, only greetings! You can submit your questions for Dave's interview at http://www.aiosf.com. Have fun!

I shall begin: *ahem*

Hey there, Dave!
My name is Heidi Marie, and I live in Germany (for two more months.) I guess I just wanted to say hi, and tell you what a great job you did in acting on AIO, especially as Jimmy Barclay. The Barclay family is definitely my favorite AIO family ever, and I absolutely love their episodes! :D Thanks for doing your part to make AIO the wonderful program that it is!
Heidi Marie aka Evil Chick
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Hi Mr. David!
My name is Leanna but ppl call me Lea.. you well Jimmy have been one of my favorite charachters from the begging of when i started listening to aio that was like 6 yrs ago now.. i was 7 then. Umm hope you like it here at the forums.
Lea
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

:hal:

(I knew their was a use for that smiley somewhere...)
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

Hey, I was going to use that! :x

Anyways, greetings Dave! At the risk of repeating what everyone has already and is probably going to say, Jimmy Barclay is indeed one of my favorite AIO characters.

Kanimoto / Sarah
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

COWBOY's Greeting of Dave wrote:Hi Mr. Griffin, my name is... well, what's in a name? ;) I have been a fan of Jimmy Barclay since the first time I heard AIO, many years ago. Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview,

-Cowboy

Yeah, so that's what I wrote. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Hey Dave,

I have been a fan of the barclay episodes for so long! Good job! :hug:
*returns*
Argyle Ninja

Post by Argyle Ninja »

Hi Dave! :wave:
Thanks for doing this interview! I really love your character. I'm Andrea. I live in New York, and I've been listening to Adventures in Odyssey since I was young. Thanks for all your work for AIO. It's really appreciated! :D
Last edited by Argyle Ninja on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not that frog, Styles. That's a good frog.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Mr. Griffin, you're voice acting created a special bond in the hearts of AIO listeners to your chacater, Jimmy Barclay. During your run, the character served as the heart and soul of the "children" on the program. Your efforts, along with those of the other actors in the Barclay family created a sense of realism combined with nostalgia of sitcom families that made the Barclays our favorite AIO family. I truly thank you for the many fine years of service. I am forever gratefull.

-Aaron
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Mr. Griffin,

Did you know you are heard all around the world, even in Malaysia? Some may not know where that is. AIO is nice, and I wish you didn't leave AIO! It was nice to hear you while you were there, probably before I was born. We've got a chunk a AIO fans here in Malaysia and, do go back to Odyssey.

Hakeber

PS. You gotta turn it around
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

Yo Davey! I am Sam Mui. I live in Malaysia and things r quite different. (If you tried our durians. Yum!). I kinda like you and let me know if you want to write.
ichthuz

Post by ichthuz »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Mr. Griffin, you're voice acting created a special bond in the hearts of AIO listeners to your chacater, Jimmy Barclay. During your run, the character served as the heart and soul of the "children" on the program. Your efforts, along with those of the other actors in the Barclay family created a sense of realism combined with nostalgia of sitcom families that made the Barclays our favorite AIO family. I truly thank you for the many fine years of service. I am forever gratefull.

-Aaron
Dave...we arent all as serious as EB here ^^^
and at the risk of sounding repetative....<insert what everyone lese said here>
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I can write a meaningfull post If I want to! :noway:
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I can write a meaningfull post If I want to! :noway:
...Which you have proved at least twice in your whole ToO career. ;)

To David Griffin, the man that voiced one of AIO's most lovable characters: thanks so much! Jimmy Barclay is a classic character, one that many fans have delighted to hear about as the years progressed. When I talk to people who used to listen to AIO but haven't for years, they always say, "Is Jimmy still on the show?" or "Jimmy was my favourite character!" and other comments of that nature. Your voice brought him to life, and I thank you for the gift that you gave all of us! Sometimes when I'm trying to convince myself to get up in the mornings, all I can hear is Jimmy telling Donna "Time to get up! Time to get up!" over and over again in "Wishful Thinking" and it doesn't stop until I actually get up. Life wouldn't be the same without that. ;)

Wow, I feel all sloppy and sentimental. ;) I better stop!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Here's my greetings!

To David (Jimmy Barclay) Griffin:
I loved Jimmy Barclay when I was little...that cute little voice, so innocent, so prone to mischief...so very loveable! :D I remember having a dream when I was around twelve or so and in it I got to meet you and we went to the Whit's End if Colorado Springs, CO together and each had a chocolate shake...and then you pushed me down that big slide and I fell into a huge pile of AIO tapes that were all copies of "The Trouble with Girls". That was a strange dream. (But nonetheless made me feel close to and loved by my childhood crush. \:D/)Thanks for stopping by here to read all our greetings, and thanks for spending ten years recording for AIO! (A radio drama that has truly changed my life and the lives of most of the people here. :D ) Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :hug:

Yours till Eugene sings,
Frank.
Last edited by Frank on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Hello, Dave (or Mr. Griffin if you'd rather). Thank you for all the years of playing Jimmy Barclay on Adventures in Odyssey. He was probably one of the best kid characters AIO ever had. God bless you for bringing Jimmy off the printed script and onto the radio where we could all laugh at his jokes, learn from his mistakes, and get to know him like a real person. (Btw, I was on a trip with a church group in 1998, and I brought an Odyssey cassette to be played for everyone--and although I had never thought it, other kids in the group started saying you sounded like me. I was very surprised (in a positive way) to have my voice compared to yours! \:D/ )
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hello there David! :D

I have to say you did a superb job as Jimmy! \:D/ My favorite episodes with you are Terror From the Skies, Into Temptation, and A Prayer for George Barclay.

Thanks for lending your talent to the Odyssey team! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Hey Dave!!!! My name is Hope, if you didnt get it from my name. I think that its cool that you were part of the AIO crew. I really enjoy the episode when you made the Christmas event that went over the radio in Odyssey. I think thats it cool that you are doing the interveiw. thanx for putting up with everyones greetings.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Hi Dave,
Well, like everyone else said, I have really enjoyed all the episodes that have the Barclay family. :D Thanks for doing this interview!

~Karin
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Hello AIO fans!

Dave here. . . I wanted to post a quick THANK YOU to all the fans that have written in on this "greet Dave" thread. Your words, and the memories you've shared, mean more to me than I can possibly express. I am humbled to have been a part of this wonderful show and grateful to have such an amazing audience. I am so excited about this upcoming interview with Shadowpaw and I can't wait to hear, and respond to, your questions. I also would like to extend a public thank you to Shadowpaw for all the hard work he's doing in regards to the interview. AIO fans are the best!:D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Whoa, Dave was here! \:D/ *twitters with excitement* I'm actually posting on the same thread as David Griffin! :D