Is Whit's End open on Sunday?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

No
49%
Yes
4%
I think it is
4%
I don't think so
8%
I don't know and I don't care
6%
I don't know but it shouldn't be
18%
I don't know but it should be (after church is over)
4%
Vote Jerms for Town Dogcatcher!
6%

Total votes: 49

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I didn't ever really think about it but I assumed it was closed. Can any of you think of a show where they say that? :-k

More evidence to come later. :)
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have no evidence, but I do not think that Whits End would be open on Sundays. It is a time for the Lord, and family, so I don't think Whit would hinder kids from spending time with both, the Lord, and family. :D

That is just my opinion, not evidence. :-$
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

According to Best Intentions (or whatever it's called; the one right after The Mortal Coil) it is closed on Sundays.
Emily Winfield
29K to go!

Post by Emily Winfield »

Jonathan wrote:According to Best Intentions (or whatever it's called; the one right after The Mortal Coil) it is closed on Sundays.
That is just what I was going to say. A boy is listening the the answering machine Eugene put on the door and says something like, "Whit's end closed, and it's not even Sunday!" Then Harlow Doyle comes up.....

Edit: Nice icon Jonathon =D>
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I think there are at least two references, though, off the top of my head, I could only remember the one from Best Intentions. Even though they say its closed on Sundays, I always have a hard time believing that, considering the amount of time the kids spend at Whit's End, the number of kids I hear in the background...and etc...

How empty must Whit's End be when kids are at school? Why is it even open then? I know adults go there on occasion, but are there enough to keep it open? Never once has there been a reference to people working at Whit's End while kids were at school...

The BC
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The BC wrote:I think there are at least two references, though, off the top of my head, I could only remember the one from Best Intentions. Even though they say its closed on Sundays, I always have a hard time believing that, considering the amount of time the kids spend at Whit's End, the number of kids I hear in the background...and etc...

How empty must Whit's End be when kids are at school? Why is it even open then? I know adults go there on occasion, but are there enough to keep it open? Never once has there been a reference to people working at Whit's End while kids were at school...

The BC
We've also never heard a reference to people working there during the school day either.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I thought I heard somewhere that after church on Sunday that Whits End was open. I can't actually remember if I heard that or not. i don't own all the albums and I haven't borrowed from my friends in a while, except 22 in the last 2 weeks and beyond. I don't actually own much of the older ones. I have 1-6,10,25,29,34-40, and 40. I probly didn't here that, but I can't remember.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

richardmaxwell3 wrote:I thought I heard somewhere that after church on Sunday that Whits End was open.
Perhaps you read this script...

http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=8187

;)

I recall people going over to Whit's End after church, actually. But I think Whit was offering them Ice-Cream as a reward...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

The BC wrote:How empty must Whit's End be when kids are at school? Why is it even open then? I know adults go there on occasion, but are there enough to keep it open? Never once has there been a reference to people working at Whit's End while kids were at school...

The BC
It should be pretty dead during the school day--at least according to logic. I think it's pretty weird that in "...But Not Forgotten," Connie gets off school and rushes to Whit's End to find all kinds of kids waiting for the shop to re-open since Eugene or Tom had to leave. Why weren't those kids in school? (Maybe they were homeschooled and fast workers, so they finished before the public school let out. Just a guess.) But yes, it seems like Whit's End wouldn't do much business during the school day, except maybe in the early mornings when adults stop in for coffee on the way to work.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

High school might let out a half hour later than the elementary/middle school. :shrugs:
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Chandler wrote:High school might let out a half hour later than the elementary/middle school. :shrugs:
That's a lot more feasible than my idea. :anxious: (I guess either one would work, but yours is more likely. :) )
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Kris Doyle wrote:
Chandler wrote:High school might let out a half hour later than the elementary/middle school. :shrugs:
That's a lot more feasible than my idea. :anxious: (I guess either one would work, but yours is more likely. :) )
Considering that most kids in America don't homeschool and AIO has almost no homeschoolers, I think it's a better explanation for what might also be a gaffe. :-
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Chandler wrote:Considering that most kids in America don't homeschool and AIO has almost no homeschoolers, I think it's a better explanation for what might also be a gaffe. :-
True, but I like trying to come up with possible explanations (even ones that are unlikely). :-
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I always thought it wasn't open on Sundays. :-k

And Vote Jerms for Town Dog Catcher! \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

One time I was confused. In Broken window, It was open. And Connie said Mitch forgot their date night before, but she had the wrong night. And it took place the day after Saturday.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:One time I was confused. In Broken window, It was open. And Connie said Mitch forgot their date night before, but she had the wrong night. And it took place the day after Saturday.
Interesting. I'll look into that...

The BC
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

There's another early show that I was listening to recently that had some obscure reference. That was what set me to thinking about this question in the first place. O:) I just need to find the lines again so I can post them here. #-o
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I thought Broken Window took place on a Saturday, and Connie thought it was a Sunday, or something like that.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I thought that it took place on a Saturday as well - Connie says, "Wait, today is Saturday" when she realizes that she was mixed up. I wouldn't take Connie's confusion as proof that Whit's End is open on Sunday. She likely knew on some level that it was Saturday, but was still mixed up with regards to the date.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I agree with the Best Intentions theory. I remember Sam saying, "And it's not even Sunday!"

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp