Artwork you thought you'd never want to see...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Artwork you thought you'd never want to see...

Post by Bennett »

Since I really don't have much to post about, I decided to post this picture. I only saw this once, and I forget where. Incase you never got a clear look at the Washingtons besides in album 39, here they are:

And, oh Boy--This is the one cover we're glad we definitely never got to see:

And here is some artwork that we will be seeing very close. Yes, apparently, Mr. Whittaker is a hunchback. This book will be coming out March, 2006. Will it have the same cover? No sure.

Along the same lines...This one is coming out May, 2006.

That's all for now...

BC
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The BC wrote:Image
Makes me think of Scooby Doo for some strange reason. Those scary creatures that come after them in abandoned buildings... :anxious:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Chandler wrote:
The BC wrote:Image
Makes me think of Scooby Doo for some strange reason. Those scary creatures that come after them in abandoned buildings... :anxious:
good point.

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Those books look good! Now that Paul McCusker isn't with Radio Theatre is he writing books for AIO?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOFan11 wrote:Those books look good! Now that Paul McCusker isn't with Radio Theatre is he writing books for AIO?
Uh... judging by the titles, I'd say they are re-releases of the 1st 8 books in the 12-book AIO series that Paul McCusker wrote a few years ago. See where it says "four books in one"?

The 1st book in the series was called "Strange Journey Back" and the 7th one was called "Danger Lies Ahead."
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

Not to advertise or anything, but yesterday's update at Eugene Forever contains more details about these book releases, particularly the first one ;).
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Eek, I don't like the first one..
...I hate marquees.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

Xavier looks really young in that first ablum. Like the same age of Marvin.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

kellyj wrote:Xavier looks really young in that first ablum. Like the same age of Marvin.
Yes, I thought that too. I think if he was just a little bit taller it would be better.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I really miss the old artwork....

Somehow, the Mystery of the Lost Village artwork look a little...out of place. :-k
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Barely Is wrote: Somehow, the Mystery of the Lost Village artwork look a little...out of place. :-k
Ahh! That isn't real good, huh? =P~ I just really took a good look at it...scary! Maybe it is me but that isn't what I imagine a village looking like...one hut and a beach.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOFan11 wrote:
Barely Is wrote: Somehow, the Mystery of the Lost Village artwork look a little...out of place. :-k
Ahh! That isn't real good, huh? =P~ I just really took a good look at it...scary! Maybe it is me but that isn't what I imagine a village looking like...one hut and a beach.
It's the picture they used in Clubhouse for the article about Eugene's experience there (sans the stuff about his dad).
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

If Whit is missing part of his right ear, due to World War II, why don't they ever show it on album covers or most of the art featuring him??
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

EugeneFan wrote:Not to advertise or anything, but yesterday's update at Eugene Forever contains more details about these book releases, particularly the first one ;).
Wow, I didn't even look there.

Looking at it now, I'm impressed by the behind-the-scenes updates. I'll be sure to check your site regularly.

BC
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

O_O Frightening...

And yeah, I thought Xavier was...taller... O_o
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End
It’s my birthday

Post by Evil Chick »

I totally agree that Xavier looks way too young! And, although I'm also not impressed by the artwork for the books, I'm totally excited that they're re-releasing them, because I've been wanting to get them for a long time now! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I spent weeks and months finding and getting my copies. ](*,) If I had known that they were going to release them again I would not have bothered looking, or buying. ](*,) Oh well, I have to say that while the art work is not great, it is alot better than the art work on the original books. I am going to buy these so I can read them and keep my others in reasonably good shape.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Mr. Washington has quite the chin there.
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

*shudders* Indeed!
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I actually think that I like the artwork better on the old books. :-k It wasn't the best ever, but I liked it better than this stuff. I have almost all of the old ones - I might get the third set of 4 (I'm assuming that they'll eventually make one) because I'm missing 3 of the last ones, I think.