Weirdest ways

to answer the phone

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Weirdest ways

Post by gimp80995 »

Just now when calling JesusFreak777, I thought up this topic when she said "hello" and I responded "this is to let you know that the Cookoo (sp) bird is in the bannanna tree" (yes, I needed to start out with "agent 503X, is this phone line seccure?", but I didn't) [AIO quote].........both of us got a good laugh out of it.

What are some weired ways you've answered the phone?

In my highschool years I hung out around the pastor's house a lot (could almost quallify as living there)........well with 14 kids and 5 adults who DID live there, and then the kids who would hang out after school and on weekends........we started utilizing:

"Grand Central Station, how my I direct your call?"

when we would answer the phone.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Hello, Dominos Pizza!

Hello, is this the party to whom I'm speaking?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Nothing unsueal, except once when I answered the phone instead of saying my usul "Hello, this is the ------'- resadence, Nathan speaking, may I help you?" I started saying my meal time prayer... I was SO glad that was a dead call. ](*,)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Once I said in a really thick british accent...

"Good heavens, my dear chap, what posessed you to call at such a late hour?"
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Well I have a few gruesome ones...but here they are:

"City Morgue, Dr. Blood speaking."

"City Morgue, you stab 'em...we slab 'em."

"City Crematorium, you kill 'em...we grill 'em."

"Speak!!!"

"CJAD radio...you're caller number 4...sorry, try calling again."
Anne Doyle
Green is good

Post by Anne Doyle »

Um, I like to call other people, and then ask what they called for.. :anxious: When answering the phone, I usually just say "Hello.." and then realize that the answering machine has picked up too.. and so it starts to say 'You've reached the *doyles*, please leave a message...', and then I say "whoops".. and run upstairs to hang the answer machine up.. and then Say Hello again.. :)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I think the only "weird" way I've answered the phone with was the following conversation that transpired between myself and my grandfather:

Grandfather: Hello?
CA: Yes, my name is Ruth Baker, I was wondering if you’d like to buy a sweeper…
Grandfather: Uh, no I don’t think so.
CA: It’s Jessica… don’t hang up..
Grandfather: You rat! You're ornery.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

" You have reached Sherwood Forest, Maid Miream speaking, how may I help you? "

:lol:
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

forever_faithful wrote:Once I said in a really thick british accent...

"Good heavens, my dear chap, what posessed you to call at such a late hour?"
Lol! Thats great! :lol:
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I decided to answer the phone like Wooton. So every time I answered the phone I said, "Hello you have reached the ear of Origami Kid. If you will kindly say something I'll say something back." :D
That lasted about two days, because I got fed up because my brother's debate partner called about 5 time in one afternoon. :roll:

My Dad sometimes answers his cell phone in an Italian accent and says "Joe's pizza. How may I help you?" One time Climber (he was about 8 at the time) was trying to call him and he thought he must not have remember it correctly. So, I called about three times and got the same answer he had. We both started to freak a little and we tried again and this time Dad answered. We told him all about how we must have punched the number in wrong cause we kept getting a pizza place, and then he told us it was him the whole time. :anxious: He still answers like that sometimes and we reply (in an Italian accent) something like this: "Ah, yes, I'll-a have-a one large When-a-you-a-getting-home." :D

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I answered and said, "Hello, Sal's pizza, how may I help you?".
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love answering the phone in weird ways! \:D/ That's why I like having my own cell phone with call display - at home it's always a risk, but on my cell phone I can say whatever I want! \:D/

I've used the one that Monday said - I'm assuming that we both got it off the Drea Thomas/Secret Adventures movies! :D I also sometimes say, "Hi, I'd like a large pepperoni pizza with mushrooms" or something like that, as if I called them instead of the other way around. Sometimes I slap on a random accent and try to sell my mother a vacuum cleaner (either when she calls me or I call her - both ways work), or pretend to be the secretary, either for myself or for some random imaginary corporation. ;) I say something slightly different almost every time I answer the phone, so I can't list all of them - I try to keep things interesting! \:D/ Another good one is, "Hello, this is me, is that you?" :lol:
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

My favorite is Grand Central Station, how may I direct your call? (I'm a PK and we get a lot of calls) On my cell phone I can get away with answering with "What" or "Speak" or the good old "Sherwood forest maid marian speaking" off of Drea Thomas (Spin - Secret Adventures)
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

NatetheGreat wrote:Nothing unsueal, except once when I answered the phone instead of saying my usul "Hello, this is the ------'- resadence, Nathan speaking, may I help you?" I started saying my meal time prayer... I was SO glad that was a dead call. ](*,)
Hey! I say that too. What I usually have said, when growing up (and now), is:

"Hello. This is the my residence. This is Kenric, speaking. How may I help you??"

But, when I know it's a cousin, I'll go:

(Cousin) "Hello?"

(Me) "Hello?"

(Cousin) "Hello?"

(Me) "Hello?"

We can go on for thirty seconds :lol:.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Usually I just say, "Hello."

And then there is this pause and the other person says, "Hello?"

And I just say, "Hello" And then they for some reason pause and I wait for them to tell me what they want.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

What annoys me is if I call someone and they don't say who's speaking. Then, unless I know their family really well, I end up saying, "Hi. This is Kenric. Who is this?" And that sounds rude.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Well "Grand Central Station, how may I direct your call" started out as a joke (possibly an accident)............we had just been talking about how the pastor's house seemed like it had as many people as Grand Central Station does, then the phone rang and the pastor's son answered "Grand Central Sta (momentary pause upon realizing what he was saying) tion, how may I direct your call?"

We gradually built on this and would go into

Whoever answered the phone: Grand Central Station, how may I direct your call?

Person calling: I'd like to talk to _______ (fill in the blank) [by this point most people who called the house were very accustomed to the way us kids answered the phone]

Whowever answered: Please hold while I attempt to page that person

***lower phone***

***yelling at the top of lungs for the person who was requested***

Whoever answered: Please continue to hold and they will be with you momentairly.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

At our house people call us in two languages. It's very embarassing when we answer in the wrong language. So my parents put in a handy phone where the number shows up on the screen(like a cell phone).

Whenever it's my friend, I usually answer like this:

Me: Hello?
Him/her: Hi Ray.
Me: Oh it's you again... What would you like to bother me with today?
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

The weirdest way that I have ever answered the phone was... well, actually there were two...

One time, I saw that my aunt was calling on the caller ID, so I answered the phone, and just said "Hi!" and she didn't really know how to reply. :P

Another time, my sister's friend told me that the next time she called the house, I had to answer the phone by saying "HOOZATT?!!!" and scream into the phone. I believe that I didn't look at the number (or name) long enough, and it ended up not being her. #-o

We usually answer it by saying "________ residence, sarah speaking" and when I have friends call (I usually don't look at the caller ID, just because I'm lazy, but I sometimes do) they always make fun of me. :anxious:

Sarah
H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

i just say simpily "hello"