Things I've learned from Eugene

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
wooton_bassett
OK

Things I've learned from Eugene

Post by wooton_bassett »

What have you learned from Eugene?

I have learned the meaning of colloquialism.
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
king kong skater
Classic

Post by king kong skater »

i have learnt nothin
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I have learned that Eugene is a normal person, way way way deep down :P.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

That if you whistle, your keys will find you. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I learned how to deal with an awkward situation - just say, "The salads are lovely here. You should try them - yummy!" ;)
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

That sometimes knowing everything you can possibly know on an intellectual level about Christianity, and even being surrounded by true Christians, can sometimes make a person blind to it.

Thankfully Eugene finally did see the truth.
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

Let's see... From Eugene I learned that you don't have to be 16 to get your driver's license. :lol: (Good thing... seeing as how I'm 17 and am terrified of taking the drive test!)
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

poWerbOy wrote:That sometimes knowing everything you can possibly know on an intellectual level about Christianity, and even being surrounded by true Christians, can sometimes make a person blind to it.

I know what you mean. Also, when I first heard Eugene talk about his "tiny taste of hell" in the Imagination Station program about Life After Death (in "The Mortal Coil," which is a great story), I remember it scared me and made me want to be saved! That was a great witness to me--maybe a spiritual steppingstone.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Kris Doyle wrote:
poWerbOy wrote:That sometimes knowing everything you can possibly know on an intellectual level about Christianity, and even being surrounded by true Christians, can sometimes make a person blind to it.

I know what you mean. Also, when I first heard Eugene talk about his "tiny taste of hell" in the Imagination Station program about Life After Death (in "The Mortal Coil," which is a great story), I remember it scared me and made me want to be saved! That was a great witness to me--maybe a spiritual steppingstone.
The Mortal Coil was the first episode of AiO I ever listened to. I think I was about 5. That "tiny taste of hell" part really scared me too.
Rachel Sandbrook
Just visiting

Post by Rachel Sandbrook »

Eugene has taught me how to be versatile in life, the way he is very intelligent and knows alot about the world (which he might as well do since he is living on earth) and knows about God as well and the importance in being a good and godly person.

I also learned that for all his intelligence, his weakest point is females (or a certain female) and he has a bad taste in choosing a woman for a wife. Other than that, I think hes great!
All the best from Rachel.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

How is Katrina bad taste?
Rachel Sandbrook
Just visiting

Post by Rachel Sandbrook »

Well, I do understand that stuff about Katrina making a decision about marrying Brandon or Eugene and all that, but I think that as much as Eugene did not act right, alot of hurt could have been avoided had Katrina understood and treated him better, and I just don't think she had the right to treat Eugene the way she did. The whole thing got blamed on Eugene. I would have preffered it if he had stayed single. He's better that way. I prefer him in the early episodes when hes fun and full of life at Whit's End and going on trips with Mr Walton and stuff instead of spending every waking moment worrying about Katrina running off with another man and stuff. I did not think she sounded very christian at all, and not much of a christian example to girls listening to the show, seeing how Eugene has to scamper around at her heels all the time in order to keep her on track when they were meant to be going together.
All the best from Rachel.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I never have a clue what he is talking about half the time, so how am i supposed to learn anything from him??? :-s
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

Not so much teaching me anything, but I really got scared when I discovered I actually understood a lot of the phrases and words that Eugene used...
- Sean
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Rachel Sandbrook wrote:Well, I do understand that stuff about Katrina making a decision about marrying Brandon or Eugene and all that, but I think that as much as Eugene did not act right, alot of hurt could have been avoided had Katrina understood and treated him better, and I just don't think she had the right to treat Eugene the way she did. The whole thing got blamed on Eugene. I would have preffered it if he had stayed single. He's better that way. I prefer him in the early episodes when hes fun and full of life at Whit's End and going on trips with Mr Walton and stuff instead of spending every waking moment worrying about Katrina running off with another man and stuff. I did not think she sounded very christian at all, and not much of a christian example to girls listening to the show, seeing how Eugene has to scamper around at her heels all the time in order to keep her on track when they were meant to be going together.
I agree. And she's really been getting on my nerves lately, for some reason (I suppose it could be that everyone's been getting on my nerves lately, but really it was before all the drama in my life started).
she_elf_06
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by she_elf_06 »

UHH... Egene is a very bright person... too bright some times. :D
i've learned from him that we need to exep falures even though they might be really hard to exept.
God makes llife worth living, without him nothing is as it should be.
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

Rachel Sandbrook wrote:Well, I do understand that stuff about Katrina making a decision about marrying Brandon or Eugene and all that, but I think that as much as Eugene did not act right, alot of hurt could have been avoided had Katrina understood and treated him better, and I just don't think she had the right to treat Eugene the way she did. The whole thing got blamed on Eugene. I would have preffered it if he had stayed single. He's better that way. I prefer him in the early episodes when hes fun and full of life at Whit's End and going on trips with Mr Walton and stuff instead of spending every waking moment worrying about Katrina running off with another man and stuff. I did not think she sounded very christian at all, and not much of a christian example to girls listening to the show, seeing how Eugene has to scamper around at her heels all the time in order to keep her on track when they were meant to be going together.
However, if Katrina had been really compliant, and just kinda let Eugene do whatever, nothing would have happened. Me personally, I wouldn't be attracted to someone like Eugene(thankfully!) , so I'm not like Katrina. It seems that alot of people don't like Katrina that much. I don't know why, personally--can anyone give me more light on that topic?
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

I LOVE EUGENE!
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

you know, I'm learning tons of things about you!
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.