Sue Thomas FBEye

Oh, Jack...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Sue Thomas FBEye

Post by Catspaw »

I just started watching this show a few weeks ago, and I loved it right away! My best friend had been telling me for months that I should watch it, and finally I agreed to watch an episode that she had taped with her. We ended up watching 5 or so taped episodes, I liked it so much! Two different episodes air on Saturdays on the channels that I get, so I've been watching those lately. I haven't seen nearly all the episodes, but the ones I have seen have been really enjoyable!

I don't like CSI and shows like that because I find some of their content questionable and not something that I would want to watch with my family. I don't have this problem with Sue Thomas FBEye. God is mentioned in a positive way on TV! :shock: How amazing!

My best friend told me right away that I needed to "meet" Jack. I knew she was right when she told me that I could have Nicholas from Princess Diaries 2 because she had moved on to Jack - we had spend months playfully deciding which one of us should "get" him. I liked Jack instantly! I wish that more episodes connected to his relationship with Sue! (Yes, I am kind of pathetic sometimes. But I like the romantic angle of things, especially the way it's dealt with on this show!)
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I've only seen one episode, but I liked what I saw. I'm also not a fan of most other crime shows. I don't want to see all the horrible stuff that happens out there, but I like how Sue Thomas had a positive message. The episode I saw had a nice message about how people with schizophrenia and street people should be treated with respect.
Jack's not bad looking either!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I don't really kie the show that much. It's not that intresting. I prefer Law and Order myself.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've heard only positive things about this show but I've never seen it. The difference in appearances between the real person and the actress are huge.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've seen a couple of episodes and liked them a lot. =D>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:I've heard only positive things about this show but I've never seen it. The difference in appearances between the real person and the actress are huge.
They're also nowhere near the same age. When the real Sue Thomas was younger (which is when the TV series takes place) she might have looked more like the actor, Deanne Bray, who plays Sue Thomas.

I just had a terrible thought! I wonder how close the show is following the real Sue's life? Because I don't think that she's married, which would mean that Sue and Jack would never get together! ](*,) AHH! I had never thought of that before. Well, I guess I'll have to keep watching, and keep hoping! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:I just had a terrible thought! I wonder how close the show is following the real Sue's life? Because I don't think that she's married, which would mean that Sue and Jack would never get together! ](*,) AHH! I had never thought of that before. Well, I guess I'll have to keep watching, and keep hoping! :D
TV shows/movies based on "real life" are notoriously inaccurate. [-X Don't bury those hopes yet!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Saturday night I watched the season 3 finale! It was called Ending and Beginnings. It was great! Jack verbalized a bit about what he feels to Sue, and there was a Smitty song! (Well, it wasn't Michael W. Smith, but he wrote the music, and it's on one of his CDs). It was "Pray for Me" from his I 2 Eye album. It's an older one, but still good. They showed lots of flashbacks during that segement, and some of the clips made me really want to see whatever episodes that they were from! I hope that they put this series on DVD soon!

Lyrics for "Pray For Me":
Here is where the road divides
Here is where we realize
The sculpting of the father’s great design
Thru’ time you’ve been a friend to me
But time is now the enemy
I wish we didn’t have to say goodbye
But I know the road he chose for me
Is not the road he chose for you
So as we chase the dreams we’re after

Chorus:
Pray for me and I’ll pray for you
Pray that we will keep the common ground
Won’t you pray for me and I’ll pray for you
And one day love will bring us back around again

Painted on our tapestry
We see the way it has to be
Weaving thru’ the laughter and the tears
But love will be the tie that binds us
To the time we leave behind us
Memories will be our souvenirs
And I know that thru’ it all
The hardest part of love is letting go
But there’s a greater love that holds us

Chorus
While they were playing the song, I was afraid that the series was ending and that just after I found such a great show, it would be over! Then at the end of the ep it said "THE END...FOR NOW." I read that it was just the season finale on the internet, so I feel much better! \:D/ I can't wait for the fourth season!

Edit: Here are two pictures from the show!
Sue and Jack:

Sue, Jack and Bobby:
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

Catspaw, where did you hear that it was a just a season finale? 'cause on the PAX website it says... well I'll just let you read it for yourself: http://www.pax.tv/shows/suethoma/
What do you do when your nose goes on strike?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ahh! SERIES finale?! I can't believe it! I have been on the official site before, but not recently! My life is officially a black hole of depression. ](*,)

How come it said, "The end...for now" at the end of the ep that I saw then? It made it sound like there was more coming! Is it a series break? But why would it be called a finale then? Is series finale a weird way to say it's the season finale for the season? :-k

*goes off to do research*
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I abselutely love Sue Thom! It is really good. It is very sad that it is going off the air. Boo! I was very sad when Doc went of the air, now Sue Thom!

There are no good shows left. What will we watch on Sunday nights? I have no clue.

What is so good is that they talk about God on air. There are not any other shows like this. Sue Thomas FBeye is truly a gem.

:-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally agree, AIOfan11! I'm really going to miss Sue Thomas. I hope tht the reruns are still played - that would be better thannothing. It's so depressing and dumb that the decent shows out there get cancelled. There are so many stupid and obscene shows out there - why cancel the good ones? :evil:

Pardon me while I go crawl into a deep pit of despair and try to pretend that my pastor hasn't been talking about being positive and not dwelling on negative stuff all the time. *leaves close to tears*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:hug: I'm so sorry Catspaw. :hug: I know the feeling of something ending sooner than you want it to... :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I guess that it is kind of pathetic to be upset about something that, in the big picture, but I like Sue Thomas FBEye! I really wish that they would keep making the show, but I will survive without it.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I agree, it's a pretty great show. Did all ya'll know that Deanne Bray and the guy who is also deaf on the show are married in real life? Cool eh? He might not dig any pretend romance between Jack and Sue! *laughs*

I did see a classic ep. where the two had to smooch to cover the fact they were in someone's office. (People use this a lot to get characters to make-out you'll notice!)
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've read about that episode! It was the season 2 finale, and I really want to see it! CTV is still showing re-runs, fortunately, so I'll hopefully get to see it sometime! \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I watched this show the other night and it was great! But it's ending...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Captain Jack wrote:I watched this show the other night and it was great! But it's ending...
I know! The finale already aired in Canada a couple weeks ago. Apparently there are people who are trying to save the show and get it picked up by a different network, since their old one cancelled the show. I hope that STFBEye isn't gone forever, because I like it so much, and I want to see more!

I also want to get the three existing seasons of DVD, but none of them are available yet, except there's one set on the Japanese Amazon site, apparently. :-s That doesn't do me much good. ](*,)
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

*threads merged*

I am a big Sue Thomas F. B. Eye fan. My favorite character is Bobby. \:D/
Does anyone else here like it too?
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I, for one, love it. My favorite character was always Jack, but Bobby came in close second. Very close.

Mandy

(P.S. I think Catspaw's sig kind of gives her answer to this question away.... ;) )
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name