Plague

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Plague

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

So I've been playing this app called "Plague, Inc.", and it's amazing. It was one of the top apps of 2012, and basically you have to bioengineer a disease to eradicate all of humanity in a hyper-realistic simulation. There are several types of diseases, with each next being unlocked as you go along, and each one has it's own quirks. You can give names to your diseases, so these are the names I gave them:

Bacteria: 3-18-99 (I didn't really have any reasoning behind this one)
Virus: Ruku (Obviously)
Fungus: TA-418 (The original salve was made of different herbs and roots, as well as the salve, so it's reasonable that there was a fungal active ingredient within).
Parasite: Regis (Blackgaard was too long, and I'd already used Ruku for the virus. Get it, Blackgaard virus, Blackgaard's Revenge? Anywho, I thought it was appropriate)
Prion: BlackVeil (Because it was Andromeda's early research that made Dent go nuts and muffin-y and the satellite box rage and such. They thought it was like rabies in Alaska, so I can liken it to a prion infection)
Nano-Virus: ThinkTank (A specially designed infection ready to be made or killed with a radio signal. 'Nuff said.)
Bio-Weapon: Rukuta (It kills everything. "It adapts to dirt, water, air... everything. It becomes deadly on a wide scale." [That was typed in a Scottish accent.)

Also, this happened yesterday:
*Talking about Immune System in Biology*
Teacher: What should we call our virus? (In the notes)
Me: Ruku!
Someone random: Doug!
Teacher: Ok, so we have Doug the Virus...
Me: :(
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Leonard Meltsner wrote: Also, this happened yesterday:
*Talking about Immune System in Biology*
Teacher: What should we call our virus? (In the notes)
Me: Ruku!
Someone random: Doug!
Teacher: Ok, so we have Doug the Virus...
Me: :(
Wow.. That stinks. Doug sounds weak for a virus. I hope antiviral drugs get rid of him.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Is this for iPod? I'm definitely going to have to give this a try. Clever idea though, you would adapt a game like this to fit AIO... Can we count on a MLP version next? ;)
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Don't be silly, the whole world is already infected with MLP. And yes it's for iPod, $.99
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I've been looking for a game to buy on my iPod, so I think I'll give this a try =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i read this and was like well i like the flash game that is just like this.

its free on android so i got it. now when i have nothing to do i destroy the world with plagues.

thanks for telling me about it.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.