Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Aeva wrote:
Woody wrote:
Clara deciding to continue traveling with the Doctor. I was honestly hoping for a companion-only episode next week. Unfortunately, it looks like it'll be another Christmas Invasion, with the Doctor still being around. I've always wanted to see a companion on her own. Alas, maybe someday.
That's a fascinating proposition. \:D/
Do you mean an episode kind of like "Blink"? Sally did most of the dirty work, although The Doctor helped her.
I've also seen some debate about whether the next companion should be an alien, which I think would be awesome.
Yes, a lot like that. I don't think we get to see enough companion resourcefulness. It seems like, as the Doctor says in "Into the Dalek": "She's my carer. she cares so I don't have to." aaaaaaaand nothing else. However, it's been really nice that Clara has been having the stabilizers taken off for her this series.
Also, this is my new favorite trailer:

Last edited by Woody on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

FLATLINE IS AMAZING!!!

Hola unblocker :p.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Seriously, that is probably one of my top 5 episodes. :D
"Clara, please, don't spoil the moment. It's so rare there's something I don't know..."

The reason I love this episode: A companion actually thinking for herself, acting in the shoes of the Doctor, and doing it well! I don't think we've ever gotten that before. Props to Jamie Mathieson for a great second episode!

I don't get how they actually managed to work humor into this so brilliantly. I mean, the monster was SO DANG CREEPY!!! xP

"I agree, you made a most excellent Doctor. Goodness had nothing to do with it."

^THAT. LINE. THERE. The Doctor seems to be realizing that his ways aren't necessarily ethical. And he's seen it through Clara's imitation of him, that he does terrible things to achieve the right end. And he seems to be very upset about it... reminds me of Ten in Journey's End, making his companions into weapons...

And now I come to the biggest surprise of this episode. MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYY!!! I so look forward to her scenes. First observation: They have iPads in Heaven! \:D/ Second: What a sinister line. What exactly has Missy chosen Clara for? I think that this all but confirms the theory that Missy is the woman in the shop. Third(Discovered after browsing the interwebs, seeing someone who made this observation, and going back to confirm it): THE WINDOWS ARE CYBERMAN EYE SHAPED!!! Based on that, I have a theory. Each individual's "Heaven" is actually a cybersuit. They're converting the dead into cybermen. Remember that policeman back in The Caretaker, who looked out the window and acted so horrified? He saw a conversion chamber. That hallway? Rows upon rows of them. :- The question is, where does Missy fit in? Only one more episode 'til the finale! "Death is not an end, says the organization known as 3W" Slightly reminiscent of Rise of the Cybermen, am I right?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

That was brilliant. Simply. Brilliant.
2D monsters. Original, scary, I love it. Those episode, I just don't have much to say other than 'it was great'. :P

As far as Missy, it kinda makes me think back to my initial reaction after Deep Breath, that Missy is somehow some form of Clara. Odd theory, I know.

On a different note, I saw this and thought it was interesting:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Missy's theme with those reversed vocals is one of the creepiest things ever. Especially reversed. So I guess Missy is confirmed as the woman in the shop it seems. But what has she chosen Clara for?
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Wow, so that is easily one of my favorite episodes ever. \:D/
I was so happy to see Clara go back to being awesome and inventive instead of annoying and sulky, and that line at the end, "Goodness had nothing to do with it," was phenomenal. What a fabulous episode. Humorous, clever, terrifying.... I'm not ashamed to admit that I jumped out of my skin when the giant hand grabbed that poor guy. The monsters were brilliant, as was the climax. I got shivers when the Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS and banished them back to their dimension.

And come on: 2DIS? That was out-of-this-world. :lol: \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

What the--
Last edited by SirWhit on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody

Post by Woody »

BOOM BANG CRASH FUEHGURGVUHNRSGIOJWS

That was the sound of my brain exploding.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

My theory is that Clara was either taken over by Missy, or that she is a fob-watched Time Lord.

Either that, or Meven Stoffat is trolling us again.
Woody

Post by Woody »

OR she died in the Doctor's timestream, and was replaced by a clone! :o
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

My brain may explode too.
Mr. Whit's End wrote:My theory is that Clara was either taken over by Missy, or that she is a fob-watched Time Lord.
That would be smart, but Moffat doesn't seem to like using Davies things. *shrug*

Oh my goodness. I had become quite fond of Clara. Don't ruin her please.

And I feel bad for Danny.

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Remember Clara is impossible.... They said that from the very beginning. That could have something to do with that.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Wait...the door Clara comes out of at 0:13 says R.I.P. over it...

*freakout*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Woody wrote:OR she died in the Doctor's timestream, and was replaced by a clone! :o
o.o this is one of the best ideas I've heard.
Mr. Whit's End wrote:Wait...the door Clara comes out of at 0:13 says R.I.P. over it...

*freakout*
O.O

Clara died once as a dalek and once as a Governess..did those clones go to 'Heaven'?

Woody

Post by Woody »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:Wait...the door Clara comes out of at 0:13 says R.I.P. over it...

*freakout*
O.O

Clara died once as a dalek and once as a Governess..did those clones go to 'Heaven'?
O.O And that is the best idea I have ever heard! If that's the case, then Missy could have thousands of Claras o.o

EDIT:

TRAILER!!!

EDIT AGAIN:

I have a theory on the "Clara Oswald has never existed!" line. Think back to Series 7. Two Claras died saving the Doctor. The Doctor, eager to solve this mystery, finds what we've called the "real Clara" in the present day. But what if it wasn't the real Clara? What if the Clara was all know and love(or hate, for some) is really just one of the splinters that got spread across the Time Winds? What if Clara, when stepping into the Doctor's timestream, accidentally created herself? She was supposed to have died when she did that, right(died saving the Doctor. Coincidence?)? There was supposed to be nothing left of the "real" her. But what if she was already a splinter, and thus survived? And, if this is all true, then Clara Oswald really never has existed! She's just a giant self-created paradoxical loop!

Anyways, that's my theory. \:D/
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Wow. 0.0 That's quite the theory, and it's quite paradoxical. =P The more I think about it, it seems like it could actually have happened.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
Woody

Post by Woody »

Wakko wrote:Wow. 0.0 That's quite the theory, and it's quite paradoxical. =P The more I think about it, it seems like it could actually have happened.
We all know how Moffat love paradoxes.

By the way, clip and introduction:

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadie. :mad:

(You know it's true when I run my words together.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Woody

Post by Woody »

onemoredayonemoredayonemoreday

And then another week of torture =|

(By the way, my dead being converted into Cybermen theory was right :D)
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

What is with that red phone box? It was in the last episode and now it's there!

Could it be Missy's TARDIS?