ToO Convention 2012

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

When Do You Think We Should Have The ToO Party? And Are You Going?

Yes, I am going.
19%
No, I won't be able to make it.
44%
Friday evening.
8%
Saturday night.
8%
Sunday morning.
3%
Friday or Saturday evening works for me.
11%
Any of those days works for me.
6%

Total votes: 36

King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Hey everybody,

I just sent an email to the church. Still nothing's set in stone - I was just asking for information but, I said that we probably wanted to do it Friday evening since that seems to be the best time.

Also, for decorations... what about a flamingo theme? ;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

I'm considering going. I don't know most of you newer folks, but I've been lurking around here for a long time. I went to the 20th anniversary show too.

So how many people do we have now?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

According to the poll, six people including me. (and Tim, I don't know if I met you or not, but I know you met my sister, LizzieG who was at the 20th anniversary show like me)

I'm excited about this :)

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer wrote:According to the poll, six people including me. (and Tim, I don't know if I met you or not, but I know you met my sister, LizzieG who was at the 20th anniversary show like me)

You would remember, Shennifer - he was the really tall guy with either bare feet or sandals. ;) Tim is unforgettable. \:D/

I'm sure you guys will all have fun!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I remember seeing someone else's pictures of people, and he was one of them. Come to think of it, I did meet him and other people; all whom I don't know the names of ;)

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Catspaw wrote:
Shennifer wrote:According to the poll, six people including me. (and Tim, I don't know if I met you or not, but I know you met my sister, LizzieG who was at the 20th anniversary show like me)

You would remember, Shennifer - he was the really tall guy with either bare feet or sandals. ;) Tim is unforgettable. \:D/

Tim doesn't wear sandals. He wears either flipflops or fivefingers. :noway:

And I did not know that LizzieG is your sister...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Yes, I remember you. I heard your name, but that's about it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

DanP740 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Tim doesn't wear sandals. He wears either flipflops or fivefingers. :noway:

And I did not know that LizzieG is your sister...
Wow...I thought nearly everyone knew.
Tim Peterson wrote:

Yes, I remember you. I heard your name, but that's about it.
I mostly remember you being tall ;) And about seeing people, this was before I joined the ToO, so I didn't have a username to put on the nametag, nor did I have any clue who these people were.

JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

So....I'm considering coming now...but I'm not sure of the logistics as of yet...
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Won't be going, can't be going, wish I could go.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

I heard back from the church - they said that with Focus using so much space, there won't be any rooms available. :( Doesn't make any sense to me but... I guess we'll have to come up with a new plan.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

hmmm...what about a lobby at a hotel one of us stays at? Or are there any local parks/restaurants, etc? Just throwing out ideas....

Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

That's too bad that the church isn't available.

If we meet at a restaurant, then we can't bing our own food. If we meet at a hotel meeting room, they might not allow outside food. A hotel lobby is a possibility.

If anyone is interested, I could use my Salvation Army connections to see if there is a meeting room at a Salvation Army building available.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

I think I might be able to setup a meeting room at a hotel... like the Hyatt House is relatively close... checking on food options... but need a headcount of firm attendees if we are gonna go over 20 people

-- May 6th, 2012, 2:32 am --

Irons in the fire... will let you know what happens... what is a budget amount people going could chip in for food? $5/ea? $10? could you go $20 each if we could get a full buffet and desserts? lemme know...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I could give $10 or $20, whichever is needed more :)
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun May 06, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I have 3 people coming with me--so 4 counting me.

Since I'll have to pay for my 2 nieces, I would prefer not paying more than $10 each.

Thanks so much for working on this, OdysseyFan. Although, bringing our own AIO themed foods would have been fun. But having the hotel provide it does make it much more convenient.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

A hotel meeting room seems a little unnecessarily expensive to me. (Not to be picky, I mean, I'll do whatever)

If we're content with a lobby (someone mentioned a hotel lobby), the lady at the church did mention that "There are plenty of open areas throughout the church that you will be able to hang out in prior to the event." It's a pretty big facility (I think they even have a coffee bar kind of thing with couches and stuff) so, if we were to just show up, I'm sure we could find a couple tables to put together or whatever.

But, otherwise, ya, I guess I'm o.k. with $20 and I will definitely be there, for headcount's sake.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

I will take care of the meeting room, just as far as food, they don't allow you to bring in outside food, but we can order Pizza from large chains like Pizza Hut, Dominoes and that would generally be about $5/each would just need plates and napkins.. (sometimes the pizza place will provide that, and might ask the hotel if they don't. hotel or pizza place soda/water is expensive, but maybe people can just bring their own drinks? otherwise it's not easy to bring in cold water and and cans of pop.

found a decent deal at the
Wingate
8220 Esters Blvd
Irving, TX 75063

they are 1 mile from the church, and we can use the room from 5pm-9pm it holds about 45 people..

They also have a deal on rooms if you want to stay there... Guests can mention the TOO Convention and stay for $62.00 + taxes.

-- May 7th, 2012, 1:39 pm --

other people here that were checking on things like the church, make sure we want to do this place, and I'll reserve it...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Well, I just brought up the church again because I was afraid a whole meeting room/buffet deal might be too expensive but, actually this sounds pretty great. As far as I'm concerned, go for it. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It sounds like all your plans are coming together. =] I just wish I could be there.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |