What are your noms...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
What are your noms...

Post by Peachey Keen »

...for the Fall 2011 Avery Awards? It looks like not many people have submitted on the OAIOP blog so you guys need to send them iin.

As for what my nominations are? Well...

Best Actor: Will Ryan as Eugene in “You’re Two Kind”
Best Actress: Audrey Wasilewski in “How to Sink A Sub”
Best Sound: The Amazing Loser
Best Scene: Katrina’s class screaming and changing seats in “How to Sink A Sub”
Best Script: How to Sink A Sub
Best Overall Episode: Never for Nothing
Best Lesson: “Wooton Knows Best”
Best Quote: “Taco Barn? Taco Barn?!? That’s not real Mexican!” by Abuelita in Anger Mismanagement
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That was pretty lame of the Podcast to not have a big "Post Your Nominations!" post. :noway:

I like your list, PK.

Best Actor: Whit Hertford as Jay Smouse in "Unbecoming Jay"
Best Actress: Audrey Wasilewski as Katrina Meltsner in “How to Sink A Sub” (Selby Bruce as Lucia Ortaga in "Never for Nothing" is a close 2nd, and Sydney Shiotani as Camilla Parker in "Forgiving More...or Less" is a close 3rd)
Best Sound: "Never for Nothing" (the music and sound effects in "the fall" scene top anything else)
Best Scene: Esperanza's fall in "Never for Nothing"
Best Script: "How to Sink A Sub" ("Never for Nothing" is disqualified because Olivia says, "What's that cheap necklace you're wearing?" Worst, most-heartless line ever. No one would ever say that when glancing at an old picture of their grandmother.)
Best Overall Episode: Never for Nothing
Best Lesson: “Wooton Knows Best” ("Never for Nothing" is a close second)
Best Quote: "Okay, okay. If I'd known this was going to become a love fest, I would've stayed out of it!" by Jay Smouse in Unbecoming Jay
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Best Actor-
Marc Evan Jackson for his performance as David Parker in “Wooton Knows Best”
Adam Wylie for his performance as Ryan Cummings in “You’re Two Kind”
Jess Harnell for his performance as Wooton Bassett in “Childish Things”
Daniel Hagen for his performance as Jacques Henri in “Childish Things”
Whit Hertford for his performance as Jay Smouse in “Unbecoming Jay”

Best Actress-
Kimmy Roberson for her performance as Penny Wise in “A Penny Saved”
Lucki Wheating for her performance as Lucia Ortega in “Anger Mismanagement”
Paulie Rojas for her performance as Valerie Swanson in “You’re Two Kind”
Selby Bruce for her performance as Young Lucia in “Never for Nothing”
Kelly Stables for her performance as Olivia in “How to Sink a Sub”

Best Script- "Unbecoming Jay"

Best Episode- "Unbecoming Jay"

Best Sound- Uhhh...I'm gonna have to edit this later...

Best Scene- Lucia forgiving Juan at Esperanza's funeral (Why not the fall scene? Love is the #1 and 2 commandments, but you gotta have common sense too. Juan even admitted that the tree was dangerous.)

Best Lesson- "Never for Nothing," "Wooton Knows Best", "Anger Mismanagement," "Childish Things"

Best Quote- Still relistening to Album 54. But probably something from "Unbecoming Jay."

Best New Character- Toss up between Ms. Gretsky and Jacques Henri. Ms. Gretsky appeared for a minute-ish in "You're Too Kind," and was for me one of the best parts of that episode. She's the school cafeteria lady, and she knows a lot about the kids there. She has a great personality, and I think she would be a great addition to the cast. I also researched Tangie Ambrose, the actress who plays her, and she has guest-starred in a variety of series, including Murphy Brown, Family Matters, Starsky and Hutch, The Mentalist, Modern Family, CSI, Raising Hope, and In Plain Sight. A little mystery, comedy, family, adventure...sounds like Odyssey genres to me. And we already talk about Jacques Henri, so I don't really need to discuss him.

PK, you're right. I checked on the blog post, and out of the "FIRST COMMENT!" comments, there's only, like, four or five nominations. Come on, TOO members!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

whittaker96 wrote:Best Actor-
Marc Evan Jackson for his performance as David Parker in “Wooton Knows Best”
Adam Wylie for his performance as Ryan Cummings in “You’re Two Kind”
Jess Harnell for his performance as Wooton Bassett in “Childish Things”
Daniel Hagen for his performance as Jacques Henri in “Childish Things”
Whit Hertford for his performance as Jay Smouse in “Unbecoming Jay”
I haven't given it much thought yet, but I really like the sound of this list...
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Best Actor- Marc Evan Jackson for his performance as David Parker in “Wooton Knows Best”

Best Actress- Kelly Stables for her performance as Olivia in “Wooton Knows Best”

Best Script- "Unbecoming Jay"

Best Episode- "Wooton Knows Best"

Best Sound- "The Amazing Loser"

Best Scene- David and Olivia Parker in Olivia's bedroom in "Wooton Knows Best"

Best Moral: "Anger Mismanagement"

Best Quote- I'll have to listen to the album again.

Best New Character-
whittaker96 wrote:Toss up between Ms. Gretsky and Jacques Henri. Ms. Gretsky appeared for a minute-ish in "You're Too Kind," and was for me one of the best parts of that episode. She's the school cafeteria lady, and she knows a lot about the kids there. She has a great personality, and I think she would be a great addition to the cast. I also researched Tangie Ambrose, the actress who plays her, and she has guest-starred in a variety of series, including Murphy Brown, Family Matters, Starsky and Hutch, The Mentalist, Modern Family, CSI, Raising Hope, and In Plain Sight. A little mystery, comedy, family, adventure...sounds like Odyssey genres to me. And we already talk about Jacques Henri, so I don't really need to discuss him.
I totally agree about Ms. Gretsky. I had forgotten about her, but I had the exact same impression when I first heard "You're Two Kind". She is the perfect "cafeteria lady", and I definitely hope to hear more from her soon.

This is also the first canon album in which we've heard Valerie, so I consider her a good new character as well. I like the voice change; she sounds more like the popular "chick" girl she was meant to be. The actress does her lines very well, and I do look forward to hearing more of her in seasons to come.

Jacques Henri didn't impress me as much as he seems to have impressed others. Yeah, he had some good humor, but there wasn't really any depth to him. He did make me laugh, though, so I wouldn't mind hearing from him again too much.

I also liked the character of Cindy (Smouse?) quite a lot. She's one of the most genuine-sounding characters the show has had in a long time. She seemed to have really good chemistry with the other actors, so I hope the writers bring her back at some point.