Approximately, how many years have you listened to AIO?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Approximately, how many years have you listened to AIO?

Post by Parker Family »

I've listened to it for about 4 years =D> but how about Y-O-U? :-k
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Probably about 8, I think
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Seven...teen... :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I think I've been listening to it about 21 years. It may have been before that. I don't remember. I do know it wasn't too far from the very beginning.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Uh... 2 or 3 years...
he/him | a little stinker.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

watched the videos about 15 years ago and listening to the audio series about 11 years ago
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I started listening January 1987 when It was first airing every Monday on the Focus on the Family programs. I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. I loved Family Portraits and was so glad when Odyssey USA started that September. And soon AIO was renamed. I have listened from the very beginning.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

lets see.. if i remember this..

from stromy weather back when it was grins grabbers and getaways.. we had the blue case.. i remember when i stopped listening was right after twists and turns i believe we listened on the radio has i grew up.. i cared less and less but for personal reasons.. then i picked back up last year.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:I started listening January 1987 when It was first airing every Monday on the Focus on the Family programs. I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. I loved Family Portraits and was so glad when Odyssey USA started that September. And soon AIO was renamed. I have listened from the very beginning.
You listened to Odyssey seven years before I was born?! Suddenly, I feel very young. ;)

My first Odyssey memory is buying an individual tape of "The Popsicle Kid". That episode aired December 22, 2001, so I'm guessing we picked it up in 2002. Nine years, then?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

American Eagle wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote:I started listening January 1987 when It was first airing every Monday on the Focus on the Family programs. I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. I loved Family Portraits and was so glad when Odyssey USA started that September. And soon AIO was renamed. I have listened from the very beginning.
You listened to Odyssey seven years before I was born?! Suddenly, I feel very young. ;)

My first Odyssey memory is buying an individual tape of "The Popsicle Kid". That episode aired December 22, 2001, so I'm guessing we picked it up in 2002. Nine years, then?
if I recall correctly that individual tape was released Christmas 2002, a year after it aired on the radio
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Since January of 1987 as well. ;) My mom always listened to Focus on the Family so I was like "oh hey a drama instead of that boring old guy talking to a fish!"
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I started listening (I think, I honestly don't remember now) in 2000 or 2001.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

My family had been listening since the very beginning, but my earliest memories were when I was in third grade (give or take a few years) when the Christian radio station started in my hometown, so about 19 years.

And I've been in love with the program ever since.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I started listening off and on about 9 or 10 years ago, in the middle of Novacom. But I didn't really start getting to know the all of the characters and storylines until about two years ago.
Last edited by EMBEE on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I've been listening for probably 8 or 9 years, I can't remember exactly
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I would say 10 years. :yes: We've had AIO around as long as I remember. :yes:

\:D/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Almost all of my life........probably about 10 years
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Huh.... well, I got my first album in November of 2003... because Becky died in 2004. So... what, eight years? HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG?!!!!
My first episode was "Karen" too... the look of realization on Kathy's face when she realized what she had done. *face palm* I'm not scarred, I promise. lol. It put things into perspective for a eleven year old though. *maybe it has only been seven years... dates are always confusing for me...*

Otherwise, yeah. about eight years. Even though "listening" is a relative word for me.... I don't quite listen much any more. I listened to A Name Not A Number this past week, but before that, I hadn't listened for a while...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My family has listened as long as I can remember, so.... almost 24 years. \:D/

We have some early episodes recorded off the radio, like Harley Takes the Case, Part 1, The Price of Freedom, Rumor Has It, and Honor Thy Parents so we started recording them in 88.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have been listening for about five years I believe.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis