Movies

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Eowyn18
Not as new

Movies

Post by Eowyn18 »

What is the best movie you have seen in the last six months? What movies do hope to see in the next six months?
I think Tangled is the best movie I have seen and I hope to see Courageous in September.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

six months is a long time! Umm...the one movie that really stands out in my mind at the moment is RED.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Ummm. It's a toss up. I saw "Gone with the Wind" for the first time last weekend, but over spring break I saw "Titanic" for tue first time and I love them both. I can't decide though.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Tangled, The Dark Knight, Inception, among three others, are the A+ movies I've seen in the last six-ish months.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't think I've even seen many never-before-seen-to-me movies in the last six months... except like... The Green Hornet and Red maybe? \:D/

Really anticipating Thor and Captain America, though. \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think I've even seen many never-before-seen-to-me movies in the last six months... except like... The Green Hornet and Red maybe? \:D/

I agree with both those statements. Thor comes out in exactly one day less then a month \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

That's a tough one. May have to go with "Moon" (2009), though.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Best movies in the past 6 months: Tangled, and totally Tron Legacy. That was a pretty awesome movie. :D Oh, and Gnomeo & Juliet. Tangled beats all, but those extra two can't be beat by anything BUT Tangled. :D

Looking forward to: Harry Potter's last two films *I want to watch them without too much break. lol* And... yeah, I never really know about a movie too much in advance. I'd like to see Rio, but not until I don't have to pay $9 to see it in the theater. Hello Jesse Eisenberg! lol. Otherwise, I can't say I'm really into movies... or looking forward to them much.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oh ya, Tron Legacy was pretty good. I didn't get the background plot at all though. :-

The soundtrack was epic, though.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Last six months? I probably saw a lot of epic movies, but the ones that really stand out are The King's Speech and Donnie Darko. And I'm definitely anticipating the return of Jack Sparrow. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Yeah I'm looking forward to PotC, Breaking Dawn, and the Hobbit. Haven't really seen any good movies lately.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Tangled. :inlove: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was also excellent. :yes:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

My favorites from the last six months would have to be Toy Story 3, Gone with the Wind, Robin Hood (all three seasons :inlove:), and...Ever After. \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Oooh, TS3 was great too! \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

thegreenringC wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think I've even seen many never-before-seen-to-me movies in the last six months... except like... The Green Hornet and Red maybe? \:D/

I agree with both those statements. Thor comes out in exactly one day less then a month \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Thor comes out on my birthday. One of my friends keeps joking that he should ditch my brithday to go see it. :roll: Yeah, he's a funny guy.
he/him | a little stinker.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Eowyn18 wrote:What is the best movie you have seen in the last six months? What movies do hope to see in the next six months?
I think Tangled is the best movie I have seen and I hope to see Courageous in September.
probably Tangled. I can't exactly remember all the movies I've seen in the last six months, so...
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Tron: Legacy was beasty and Salt was good!

Im looking forward to:
POtC, The Conspirator, Captain America, Thor, X-Men, and others
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well,, we don't watch a whole lot of movies, but some good ones we've watched in the last 6 months were Facing the Giants, Faith Like Potatoes, and The Ultimate Gift. I' like to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in the next 6 months. I know those movies are all older than the last 6 months, but like I said, we don't watch many movies :)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I think I've only viewed one film the past six months, and that would be Soul Surfer and it was pretty good. It's plot graph seemed similar to that of a Shakespearian tragedy though :-k

Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

It's always hard to put my thumb down on what was truely "the best" but Tron: Legecy rocked my socks, I actually saw it twice in theaters and I almost NEVER do that. Tangled, Inception, and Scott Pilgrim were pretty boss as well.

I look forward to seeing Cowboys & Aliens, Real Steel, AND The new Sherlock Holms sequel, FTW!