The Blackguard Saga Set!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Steve
No way I broke the window

The Blackguard Saga Set!

Post by Steve »

Odysseyscoop.com recently told us that yes...this September-Septembre' for you French people- The 30 episodes of the Blackguard Saga will be released as a set, just like Novacom!! =D> \:D/ Isn't that great?! So will you be picking up this monumental package? I know I will.

Wow. Focus should hire me as product marketing guy. No I suddenly want to hack the Official Podcast...
he/him | a little stinker.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Since I bought the Novacom set I will be buying the Blackgaard Saga. I just hope they do as good a job with the packaging on this one.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

actually aiowiki announced it first, but that doesn't really matter.

the bigger news is what i posted at the wiki today, the set's already up for preorder at amazon.com for 27.57
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime

Post by 31899 »

Will'st there be bonus features?

Last edited by 31899 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, that is really awesome, but hopefully there are bonus features... I already own the individual episodes but at that price its tempting to pick up regardless.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I don't have the Novacom set, and I hadn't planned on getting the Blackgaard ones either (since I already own all of the episodes anyways), but now that I have every album, it might be worth getting some of the larger auxiliary sets like this one with bonus features I wouldn't hear otherwise...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

27 bucks?!? I have all the eps but the ones that arn't a WHOLE LOT related like "The Homecoming" and "welcome home Mr. Blackgaard!

I have Album 5,25, and most of 22 but I think I will pick this up anyway since its 27 bucks.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'll probably get it since I don't own any of the episodes and for the bonus features, but I'll still plan on buying the individual albums at some point as well.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

there was a bonus feature featuring the writers of the show that was recorded during the recording of album 53 that will be featured in this album, other than that I haven't heard what will be in it. I'm guessing not much though as 30 episodes will pretty much fill up 10 discs, with novacom there was only 28 episodes on 10 discs leaving room for other things
Reddo
Steve

Post by Steve »

Though, they could do an 11th disc. Maybe.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have been planning to buy this set since I first heard about it! \:D/ I own all the episodes, but that didn't stop me from buying the Novacom set, and I haven't regretted that choice. The Novacom bonus disc is totally awesome, and the packaging was fun too. I recently listened through the whole Novacom saga (in a couple of weeks - yay!) and it was nice to have it all packaged together. The Blackgaard set will be a great addition to my collection. :D

Sad news: it looks like it isn't listed on amazon.ca yet. :(
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Catspaw wrote:I have been planning to buy this set since I first heard about it! \:D/ I own all the episodes, but that didn't stop me from buying the Novacom set, and I haven't regretted that choice. The Novacom bonus disc is totally awesome, and the packaging was fun too. I recently listened through the whole Novacom saga (in a couple of weeks - yay!) and it was nice to have it all packaged together. The Blackgaard set will be a great addition to my collection. :D

Sad news: it looks like it isn't listed on amazon.ca yet. :(
Neither is Vol. 54. But I won't be buying Blackgaard unless it contains bonus materials at least as good as the Novacom Saga's. The documentary was the only reason I bought it.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

this is where i drag my heels as it were. i didnt like Blackguard... as a villain.. i mean.

this saga.. makes me leary.. mostly because i would never listen to it.. but being as i would like to own all the albums and extra stuff i can that is out i feel like i need to.. choices choices.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
zuzus_petals
Not as new

Post by zuzus_petals »

Hey,
I was just wondering if anybody knows what order to listen to the novacom saga.

Thanks
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Reddo
zuzus_petals
Not as new

Post by zuzus_petals »

Ya!
Thanks =D
Don't worry about the world ending today because it's already tomorrow in Australia.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

It's now $26.39 - and amazon wonderfully lets you get the lowest price between now and September 1st... end of that day. It probably will get cheaper, but not by much. I'm SO tempted to pre-order, even though I own ALL the episodes anyway. But I hope they have bonus features. That would be the only tempting thing, really.

I think I would know all 30 of the episodes... but I'm curious: will the vague episodes be included... maybe I should go count. lol.

I so want to... temptation is huge.... I probably will. I will let my brain think about it when I go out tonight. :D
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: I think I would know all 30 of the episodes... but I'm curious: will the vague episodes be included... maybe I should go count. lol.
we've had a list up for some time of the episodes included in the set here: http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Blackgaard_Chronicles it's not officially confirmed that those will be the episodes, but it'w what my sources have told me will be in that set
Reddo
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm hoping that Recollections will be included since it is connected to the saga.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Catspaw wrote:Sad news: it looks like it isn't listed on amazon.ca yet. :(
Did my weekly Amazon browse tonight, and it's up now; grab it to guarantee that minimum price of $24.64! Vol. 54 still isn't up, though.