Top 10 Connie and Mitch moments from Novacom

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Top 10 Connie and Mitch moments from Novacom

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

If you haven't figured it out by now, I really like making lists. Well, a few months ago I started listening through Novacom again, and got the wild idea to keep track of all the best Connie and Mitch moments. So here they are. It was tough, but I arranged them in increasing importance (according to my whims):
10. Thanks: “Thanks for coming to Odyssey and for being AREM and for not really dying and for risking your life to rescue me and for being my hero.” “There’s nothing I’d rather do.” “You know some guys just bring flowers.” “Flowers! Oh, I left them in the car.”

9. First meeting: “What’s in the box?” “Green eyes.”

8. Not dead: “It was as big a surprise for me as it was for you.” “Oh really? When did you find out you weren’t dead? Because I had to go weeks thinking you were!”

7. Jealousy: “Don’t ‘Oh Connie’ me! If you were me and I was you and you heard me say what you yourself said about her you’d wonder too and so do I.” “What?”

6. Small talk: “So the riot was fun? I mean it was, uh…” “It was a riot.”

5. Injury: “Don’t get all cranky—you’re the one who tried to kill me.” “I did not. You told me to swing back.” “I didn’t mean when my face was still behind you.” “Maybe next time you should be more specific.”

4. Bowling shoes: “I’m sorry we’re running late, Connie. I can’t believe I left without my bowling shoes.” “I can’t believe you even have bowling shoes.”

3. Rescue: “You rescued me!” “Let’s get these ropes off.” “Did you get your hair cut?” “No, I just styled it differently.” “It looks awesome!” “You look great, too.”

2. Secrets: “You certainly have a lot of secrets, don’t you?” “Well, sort of, I suppose, but not all secrets are bad.” “But having secrets does mean you’re hiding something.” “You have to believe me that it will all make sense .” “Why? Give me one good reason why I should trust you.” “Because I think I’m falling in love with you, Connie!”

1. Bowling: “I’m calm! I’m calm! Why does everyone keep telling me to calm down?” “Because you just got a strike in the next lane over.” “Well, why do they put these lanes so close together?!”

And the runner-ups
Flowers: “’I know you’re not a flake. From Mitch.’ That’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever read.”

Picnic: “You went to a lot of trouble. No one’s ever done that for me.” You’re worth it.”

Avoidance: “Connie, what are you doing?” “I’m cleaning.” “In the dark?” “Well, I haven’t polished the light bulb yet.”
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Ah, that's an awesome list! While Mitch is one of my least favorite characters, he and Connie were SO cute! Number 2 is probably my favorite, but number 3 is hysterical! :inlove:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

#5 :inlove:

Trix, you don't like Mitch? O_o He's so cool!

\:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love your lists, Mrs Jason Whittaker, and all the thought you put into them! I am in awe of this super-duper amazing list. :thud: Personally, your number one option would be way further down the list for me, and the first two runner-ups would have to squeeze into the list, but they're all so great that it's hard to pick.

Now I really want to listen to some of these episodes. :( I want the Connie/Mitch only version of Novacom - you skip all the drama and bad guys and just relive the dreamy sighs. ;) That would be fun. I like the whole Novacom saga, but that's a lot of episodes to listen to just to hear the scenes that Mrs Jason Whittaker has now made me want to listen to! :mad:
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Those are like prompts from romance fanfictions.

...Maybe my comparison of Connie/Mitch to a romance fanfic is a sign or something.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

iluvsns wrote:#5 :inlove:

Nah, he's just kind of a jerk. He was amazing in the first couple episodes, and my friend and I were madly in love with him for a while, but after listening to Something Blue 22 times, he struck me as a bit selfish.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My favorite moments were when Connie and Mitch ended their relationship and when Mitch left for Budapest. \:D/ There is no top 10 because the two above were the only "memorable" moments of that entire relationship fiasco.

It is topics like these when this forum needs a barfing smilie.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:My favorite moments were when Connie and Mitch ended their relationship and when Mitch left for Budapest. \:D/ There is no top 10 because the two above were the only "memorable" moments of that entire relationship fiasco.

It is topics like these when this forum needs a barfing smilie.
I was missing Jonathan being around to say how much he disliked Connie and Mitch, but now I don't any more. ;) There's this smiley :sick: and this one :sickly: to help you express how you feel. I know some people feel that way, but I have yet to come around to the anti-Connie and Mitch point of view.

I listened to Secrets and the first part of Plan B last night, thanks to this topic. Thanks for the lack of sleep, Mrs Jason Whittaker. ;) Good times.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I didn't mind the Connie and Mitch storyline. I'm not quite sure why so many did. Sure, she was a little too silly at times, but it was a nice change for back then. It gave her something else to do. And I think a lot of good, solid came out of it. I'm not too sure why Mitch went away...Is Connie meant to be single the rest of her life?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

It's quite apparent that Connie isn't meant to ever be in any kind of a romantic relationship.

That aside, I think that you should add "Phone Call" to your list:

"Did you see message 1?"
"Well I took Message 1."
"'To Connie, From Mitch. Call me.' That's so sweet. Oh, and look at message 2: 'To Connie, from Mitch. Please call me.' How thoughtful!"

or something like that at least.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Bennett wrote:I didn't mind the Connie and Mitch storyline. I'm not quite sure why so many did. Sure, she was a little too silly at times, but it was a nice change for back then. It gave her something else to do. And I think a lot of good, solid came out of it. I'm not too sure why Mitch went away...Is Connie meant to be single the rest of her life?
yeah, I think that's what Kathy Buchanan (or is it Weringa?) has said, that Connie will remain single. And about Connie and Mitch, they're cute at times, but I don't know why Mitch liked her, because for the most part, she was an idiot. Connie has grown on me, and I'm glad she has had mature moments, but for the most part I think she was acting silly with Mitch.

Till the end of the line.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Laurie wrote:My favorite moments were when Connie and Mitch ended their relationship and when Mitch left for Budapest. \:D/ There is no top 10 because the two above were the only "memorable" moments of that entire relationship fiasco.
I don't disagree with you. I'm a single, adult woman myself and it is refreshing to see Connie single.

Mainly I made the list because I thought these moments were funny. The ending the relationship scene was sad :( Not sad like it shouldn't have happened, but sad like to actually be Connie and go through that would be difficult.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Trixie Belden wrote:

Nah, he's just kind of a jerk. He was amazing in the first couple episodes, and my friend and I were madly in love with him for a while, but after listening to Something Blue 22 times, he struck me as a bit selfish.
22 times in a ROW???? I see what you mean... I do think he should've stayed for Connie... imo, that was the worst tragedy in Odyssey... if Connie had gotten married things would be so much cooler in odyssey right now. :(

\:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

[url=http://www.lots_of_things_I_post_after_this_are_probably_not_serious.].[/url] I just think they should all die by peanut butter! Yay! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

What kind? :-s
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Peter Pan. That stuff has salmonella. \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I love them! :inlove: Thank you for making this, Mrs Jason Whittaker. :yes: You definitely made excellent choices.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

iluvsns wrote:
Trixie Belden wrote:

22 times in a ROW???? I see what you mean... I do think he should've stayed for Connie... imo, that was the worst tragedy in Odyssey... if Connie had gotten married things would be so much cooler in odyssey right now. :(
No no, not 22 times in a ROW. Just 22 times in total, thank goodness. I don't think I've listened to ANY episode 22 times in a row! :)
TigerintheShadows

I've probably listened to "A Class Reenactment," "Mum's the Word," and "The Present Long Ago" more times than I care to count. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog