Member of the Family

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Member of the Family

Post by Dallas R. »

Why aren't they/never play Member of the Family in the line up? I wanted to listen to it a few years ago, and now because I want to hear more of Whit's family and have never heard it. Is there any real reason why they don't play it? I thought maybe it was because it started as a Family Portrait Episode, but so did "My Brother's Keeper" and "No Stupid Questions" So that didn't make sense either.

P.S. I think it's weird to be listening to episodes online again. I own albums 10-50 and quite a few random episodes before that on cassette samples and compilation albums, so for most of the time I own what they're playing, but now I'm finally listening to a couple that I've actually never heard before.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

That's a good question. A Member of the family is one of my all-time favorite episodes! It's really the first episode that gave an eye-opening look at just who exactly John Whitaker really is. I've often been disappointed that Whit's daughter and grandson haven't been featured in more episodes.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It's one of my favorite episodes too. There are a lot of episodes that are not played that should be. Just like there are still unreleased episodes that should be put into an album.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Focus has their reasons. Who are we to quarrel with the decisions of the great FotF?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Focus has their reasons. Who are we to quarrel with the decisions of the great FotF?
I'll quarrel with bad decisions. A Member of the Family is an excellent episode and should air like the others. IMHO it is a lot less questionable topic wise than Pamela Has a Problem.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

Laurie wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:Focus has their reasons. Who are we to quarrel with the decisions of the great FotF?
I'll quarrel with bad decisions. A Member of the Family is an excellent episode and should air like the others. IMHO it is a lot less questionable topic wise than Pamela Has a Problem.
I agree totally. I don't really see anything questionable with A Member of the Family. It's just a great story about Whit— an important part of who he is that we don't often get a chance to see. I'd love to see it return to the regular rotation.
TigerintheShadows

Laurie wrote:
It might be one of those episodes that they just haven't thought to air or put on an album yet. What album was it in?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Laurie wrote:
It might be one of those episodes that they just haven't thought to air or put on an album yet. What album was it in?
A Member of the Family, Part 1 and 2 are available in Album 01: The Adventure Begins as well as the Family Portraits album, but that's hard to find, both of them are also available on iTunes and audible
Last edited by Reddo on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
Laurie wrote:
A Member of the Family, Part 1 and 2 are available in Album 01: The Adventure Begins as well as the Family Portraits album, but that's hard to find, both of them are also available on iTunes and audible
That's all well and good, but the episodes should still be aired on the radio.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

exactly. I'm sure that if I really want to listen I can get ahold of the episodes pretty easily. It's just weird that they weren't being aired.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
TigerintheShadows

Well, to be honest, it really doesn't bother me one way or the other. My radio station doesn't get Odyssey at all on weekday evenings, so I don't think it really matters all that much to me.

Carry on. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It doesn't bother me either since I own the album and have both episodes on my iPod. There are those who cannot afford the albums and may not have web access, so there are two more very good reasons why the episodes should be aired on the radio.