Album 52

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Yeah, I never have preordered anything. The local store just got it this week.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:Yeah, I never have preordered anything. The local store just got it this week.
I used to, but learned very quickly that it is better to buy the albums in the store. One thing people don't want to do is order from Focus/CBD because once the album is ordered, it is back ordered. I used to order from Focus and almost immediately after I ordered, I'd get a notice in the mail informing me that the album was backordered. Then of course I would see the album in the store and really kick myself for thinking that ordering from Focus was faster.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I got mine today, but I'm waiting for each episode to air on the radio first. More fun that way!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm now going to make my mom order it...I want to listen to them now! :drool:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I was just looking at the episode summaries on AIOwiki and noticed the summary of "A Thankstaking Story":
On a snowy Thanksgiving day, Whit, Connie, Eugene, and a few of their friends end up stuck at Whit’s End. To pass the time, they tell a zany story of the Scrunch and his plan for Thankstaking.
Doesn't that seem a little too similar to "A Thanksgiving Carol"?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

DanP740 wrote:I was just looking at the episode summaries on AIOwiki and noticed the summary of "A Thankstaking Story":
On a snowy Thanksgiving day, Whit, Connie, Eugene, and a few of their friends end up stuck at Whit’s End. To pass the time, they tell a zany story of the Scrunch and his plan for Thankstaking.
Doesn't that seem a little too similar to "A Thanksgiving Carol"?
More like something else. Have to listen to find out what though.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

The stuff they said on the podcast made it sound more like the grinch
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

JesusFreak777 wrote:The stuff they said on the podcast made it sound more like the grinch
Exactly. Not sure I am a fan of it though. If I am the only one when it airs that doesn't like it.... :(

Ok, I see the spoiler police coming, I have to be quiet now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

JF777 is correct, I listened to the episode this weekend because it is Thanksgiving in Canada, and it's more like the Grinch than the A Christmas Carol.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Okay, that's a little better. A *little* better.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

31899 wrote:JF777 is correct, I listened to the episode this weekend because it is Thanksgiving in Canada, and it's more like the Grinch than the A Christmas Carol.

Yeah. A little too over the top if you ask me. Not quite my idea of ideal
Oops, the men in black suits with spoiler police written on the back are after me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I ordered my copy from Christianbook.com a few weeks ago, along with some other stuff. The "other stuff" arrived today without the album. It was mildly disappointing. :( I will continue to wait for my copy. Patience is a good thing, I suppose. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:I ordered my copy from Christianbook.com a few weeks ago, along with some other stuff. The "other stuff" arrived today without the album. It was mildly disappointing. :( I will continue to wait for my copy. Patience is a good thing, I suppose. ;)
"So what, waiting is good for you, it teaches you patience!"
-Connie, The Inspiration Station
\:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I finally got Album 52!!! Yesterday.

These episodes are soooo good! Reminds me of the old Odyssey.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

*bump*

So just thought I'd let you guys know.

The Owl-napping is going to be good - http://www.truploader.com/view/152488
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.