The Odyssey Awards!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

The Odyssey Awards!

Post by Trixie Belden »

Being inspired by the Oscar Awards, I would like to create an Odyssey Academy Awards.

How this will work: I am accepting nominations in each of the following categories:
--Best actor
--Best actress
--Best character
--Best episode
--Best storyline
--Most emotional/dramatic/tense scene
--Best villain
--Best use of historical or biblical elements (this includes Imagination Station adventures, as well as episodess that are told in story format.)
--Best lesson learned/moral taught
--Best love story
--Best couple
I need at least two nominations in each of these categories for the poll to work correctly. Each person may only nominate one thing for category. You may nominate for as many categories as you wish, however. t Please pm me--do not post it here--and tell me what you would like to nominate, and for what category.

After all of the nominations are in, I will create a poll for each category, and then I will continue narrowing it down until we reach our winners!

Good luck, and maybe the best win!
Last edited by Trixie Belden on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This should be interesting! *noms*
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The term that is generally used is season awards.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Yeah, I know, but this is for overall, through the years favorites. Not just one season, or I would have called it that.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Awesome! Nice idea, Trixie. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I remember voting on The Soda Fountain/AIOHQ years ago... thanks for taking the initiative to start back up the AIO season awards, Trixie!

EDIT: I humbly suggest adding best lesson or best theme as a category. On the old awards, someone (Bennett?) suggested it. I thought it made a great category, especially since AIO exists to teach biblical lessons via entertainment.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Okay, that's a good idea that I will add. Thank you for the suggestion. I also have a couple more of my own!
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Do we turn in our nominations here or PM them to you?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

PM them to me. Then I'll create a poll for the final winners.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Do you have all the noms?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'll create the poll probably on the 1st of April, so you have ONE MORE DAY to get your entries in to me! Hurry!

-- Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 am --

Okay guys, you have ONE MORE DAY to get your entries in to me. I realized that for one of the categories (Love story and couple) I only have one or two entries, so I definitely need at least one more.