The new AIO theme song!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What do you think about the new AIO theme song?

It's the best!
18%
It's better than the last one.
11%
It's as good as the past themes.
46%
It's okay.
18%
It's worse than the others.
7%

Total votes: 28

Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

The new AIO theme song!

Post by Eugene »

Bob and Jesse reveal the brand new AIO theme song in the latest Official Podcast! \:D/

I think it's great! It's got excitement, drama, and it keeps the spirit of the past themes. It's a very good change. :D I can barely wait for the new episodes!

What do you think of the updated theme song?

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I really like it! Very different from the previous versions, but I like that because the last few versions haven't been too distinctly different. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention too well. ;) Anyway, I definitely think this is a change for the better. Not a big fan, though, of the syncopation and pause between notes 5 and 6 the first time the 7-note theme is played, but I do like that the notes are more distinct. Kind of like classic and new rolled into one. :)

(Oh, and by the way, the new theme begins at 12:29).
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

It's okay. I'll get used to it.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I love it! The new theme is probably what I have been looking forward to most in the new season. It's really short, though; looks like the intro format will be changing a bit.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

The more I listen to it, the more I'm liking it. :D I would've hoped for a longer theme (maybe around a minute instead of 30 seconds), but the short version still sounds great.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I LOVES it! It's different, but in a totally AWESOME way! I mean, new characters, new designs, and now a new theme song. I think we're ready for the new season to start! All we need is the episodes!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I can't vote. there isn't a "I don't care" option
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Wow. I surprisingly liked it! Wow... I wish that they would just keep the original but, ayy, I guess 20 years, you gotta make SOME changes. ;)
I do what I do.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I'm glad they changed it, and I'm glad it's a pretty big change too, considering how they seem to be changing a lot of stuff for the new season. It seems appropriate to have a pretty big theme change to start off the new season after the long wait.

Still... I'm not entirely used to it yet. I'm with Lizzie about the syncopation and pauses. I really like the background with the drums and chimes (or whatever they are ;)), but the main seven-note theme that we've all come to recognize as Odyssey seems... too different. I'm all for change, but the timing of the notes seems completely off. :(

Also, as H Tide mentioned, it seems too short. It starts off pretty slow and kind of teases before getting into the more bold, adventurous part; then almost as soon as it has started, it's the end.

Anyway... I guess I'll get used to it. ;)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I think it sounds pretty good! Not as good as the past ones, but it's about the same. I like how it sort of has a "small town" feel and I can just imagine the kids running all over town, going to Whit's End. My favorite of the themes they've ever had would have to either be the very first one or the last one, from album 50, back.

And yes, they have something on their podcast about Paul's passing away. I'm almost crying. :(
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I think the new "theme song" is utterly foolish. I find the current (or should I say old?) theme quite sufficient. But alas, I'm no marketing or at least hype-inducing person, so my voice is ignored.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Post by 31899 »

They murdered it. I think the original one was timeless, and I don't think they ever needed to change. Also the podcast used a lot of assumptive language, something that we were warned about in th Truth Chronicles. As well, what was wrong with the fan fair? Nothing. Why are they changing? Right now I am questioning the decisions they are making.

P.S. Anything previous to what they are doing now is better.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

As I mentioned in the Official Podcast discussion thread, I'm a fan of the new theme music. The original one was great, and I really like this one too!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I like it. I was ready to be all critical like I have been about every other change that came along, but I actually like this new song. It's not too outdated, and while the previous theme wasn't outdated, it seemed just a little bit too cheesy. I like how the new theme is kind of quaint, small town, style. (Though I also would have to agree that the note synchronization is just a little bit worse.)
Last edited by Dallas R. on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

It's pretty good but it sounds to much like the theme songs for the video series.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

For those who originally missed the poll for the new Podcast music (like I did), here's the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2C5SM3X

¡Yo voté! \:D/
Last edited by Taq on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 31899 »

There was no I am offended option. :(

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Wow! I Love it! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It pleases me.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

31899 wrote:There was no I am offended option. :(

31899, you could always vote for the lesser of 3 evils or not vote at all. ;)