NBC LATE NIGHT BATTLE-O-RAMA!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

NBC LATE NIGHT BATTLE-O-RAMA!

Post by The Top Crusader »

So I have a feeling most people here aren't following this at all, but as some of you may be aware there is lots of stuff going on at NBC, Conan has basically said he is leaving, and Leno is likely to not be far behind. I am pretty stunned Zucker and the executives who have been making these stupid decisions still have jobs, yet talent is storming out. \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I think they need to get rid of Jimmy Falon again, and put Leno and Conan in a spot, though I don't care what order. I just don't like Jimmy Falon. He seems really nervous always.
King Butter Turtle wrote:Craig Ferguson for the win!
Yeah, and then we could see his little puppets every night. :lol:
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'd love for both Leno and Conan to stay on and replace Fallon, but looks like Leno is sticking around and taking Conan's spot and Conan is going INTO SPACE! \:D/
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

The more Conan bashes NBC every night, the more he's starting to remind me of Cryin' Bryan Dern. Since Conan only has a few days left, I think he should do something like what Bryan Dern does when he decides to take over the station. On Conan's last night he should just sit there and do nothing, maybe tell a few NBC jokes or something.

Plus I can sort of see the resemblance

http://www.aiowiki.com/w/images/3/35/BryanDern1.jpg

http://pcavote.files.wordpress.com/2009 ... -brien.jpg
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

honestly To me it seems like everything is fine the way it is. Honestly before Jay at 10 I didnt watch any TV at 10 cause their was nothing on. Once Jay came on I'd watch him at 10 then other shows at 11 and all the way up till Craig was over.

I think NBC just wanted Jay to keep doing the Tonight show. cause as far as I can tell he's doing good at 10 and I just dont see no good reason to cancel him.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I love Conan... I hope he ends up with another job somewhere else in the fall....

Down with NBC! :protest:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I waited 5 long years for Conan to replace Jay. It really seems like NBC, in their greed, killed it all. They didn't want to pay for scripted dramas at 10pm, so Jay got a deal to come on after his Tonight Show contract ended. The arrogance of thinking they can now put him on at 11:30 and push everyone back and they'll be happy with that is just dumb. I'm glad Conan is standing firm and quitting. I really hope another network picks him up.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I liked his really expensive car bit that he did on the Tonight show last night.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Here's a little something I put together the other day. It's the whole Conan-Leno-NBC feud set to Barry Manilow's song the Copacabana.
By the way, I got to see Conan and the Tonight Show in person when I was in Hollywood. Great experience!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I liked it until the typical Leno bashing had to be thrown in. :noway: